PDA

View Full Version : Water Nymph

L Skylar Brown
01-12-2010, 08:50 AM
This is my take on a mermaid, or as I prefer, Water Nymph. (Can you tell I Scuba Dive?) This is an image that has been in my head for a while, now. (I plan on doing a more refined version, now that I have worked out just what I want to feature in the creature.) As always, From scratch, One Layer. The water was blocked-in in large clumps of colors, and then Knifed within an inch of existence!

Valerie
01-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Skylar this is fantastic, I love the way youdid rgw water.

Greeneyes
01-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Skylar,another wonderful one makes me wonder what she is looking for over her shoulder lol.Looking forward to more that is for sure.

Eileen724
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I think she might be running from Skylar's palette knife! :D

All kidding aside, Skylar, this is just so neat. Your ability to generate such creative images is just amazing and wonderful. I love the technique you used for the water...very nice.

byroncallas
01-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Lovely work LSB. It's enjoyable seeing your range of subject matter and aesthetic interests. It's great knowing that opening one of your new threads will be an unpredictable experience. Terrific work in this one - will look forward to seeing your new vision that comes from it. And hey, great knife work on that water and the seaweed is sublimely entangled. :)

Alexandra
01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Wow, awesome work Skylar! Great imagination and fantastically painted. Do you illustrate?

Evart
01-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Wow, underwater sci-fi like avatar imagination. Good job L.!

Rob in Denver
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
No wonder you scuba dive! Really a great image, a total success! Always interesting to see what you come up with!

coops
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Ever meet one on your dives Skylar? its another great painting from you:)

Caesar
01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
When it comes at fantasy and mythological creatures I'm always attracted, dear Skylar. In this case the excellent quality of this skecth is an additional pleasure!

saddy
01-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Sweet work. Neat work for the water!

Now we know what Skylar daydreams! :D

L Skylar Brown
01-13-2010, 06:54 AM
I need more discipline, I'm told all the time that I'm All Over The Place with my art. This is and has always been true. I experiment constantly. As you know, there are areas I always go back to (Landscapes, for instance), but exploring the media and content makes me happy. I don't even know what I will paint next!
As far as comments here- I have discovered that I can get wonderful effects such as the water using the knife setting - this is something I never used 'til AR3.

AT-TA
01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Skylar, the water is really owsome in this picture..would jump in it right away...wonderfull colors also....

L Skylar Brown
01-13-2010, 03:56 PM
At-Ta - Thank you - I'm glad you like the water effect, it is a new thing I am still perfecting, and it seems like it's going well.