PDA

View Full Version : Seaview of Paradise

Bobbyray
01-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Hi All!

This painting.....doh was about 3 hours. I used Vista Pro 4.2 for the landscape....AR 3.0 SP stencils and stickers for the people, house, quarter moon and Gulls.
I repainted the scene using the spray gun and brushes for better details.

This was an experiment to speed up my paintings. hummm well they got slower but seem to be good results. I am satisfied. Although this was not a hand painted scene, the result is a nice painting. I think. As we paint using stencils/stickers and the such along with plugins our results are better if we are not an experienced advanced scene painter.

So, I would like to know.... do you like the painting? The way it was done?

Thanks for any reply and for viewing
Bobby Ray

Docsmith626
01-11-2010, 08:44 AM
There are definitely possibilities here.

Eileen724
01-11-2010, 10:30 AM
This is just great, Bobbyray! I just love your use of stencils and stickers to fit in with your landscape. It's very AR3 creative!

Alexandra
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Really cool Bray!:)

Evart
01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Love the 3Dish scenery. It really looks like it's been cut out of different paintings. Sort of like piece work. Good job!

Rob in Denver
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
An art teacher I had one time, said if you can hold someones attention for more than 10 seconds, your painting is a success. I looked at this a whole lot longer than that, mostly because it was just so very odd, and I am actually all in favor of odd.
I really have no idea how this sort of thing is even done, but the addition of the childlike house and the little cardboard cutout people inserted in the midst of the strangely real landscapes was rather captivating!
The colors and the textures sing.
It comes off more as a collage than a painting, but I think that is an interesting route in its on way. I guess I miss some really obviously hand painted elements, but think you have a knack for putting this type piece together, and I would be interested in seeing more. Good job!

Sketchism71
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
An art teacher I had one time, said if you can hold someones attention for more than 10 seconds, your painting is a success. I looked at this a whole lot longer than that, mostly because it was just so very odd, and I am actually all in favor of odd.
I really have no idea how this sort of thing is even done, but the addition of the childlike house and the little cardboard cutout people inserted in the midst of the strangely real landscapes was rather captivating!
The colors and the textures sing.
It comes off more as a collage than a painting, but I think that is an interesting route in its on way. I guess I miss some really obviously hand painted elements, but think you have a knack for putting this type piece together, and I would be interested in seeing more. Good job!

Yes... Exactly what he said! It is a captivating little study Bobby! Well done!

Bobbyray
01-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks very much for viewing and commenting on this experiment. It is different to look at as a painting goes but somehow it is interestingly different. I have made a few more landscapes without the additions.

Caesar
01-12-2010, 12:49 AM
WOW, dear Bobby! You're the master of the Space as well as the Weird and Unlikely Worlds! fantastic views!

saddy
01-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Sweet works! :)