PDA

View Full Version : Conjoined Trees

Eileen724
01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I found an interesting picture my niece took out at Shaw's Garden here in St. Louis and it caught my eye due to the fact these two trees were somehow conjoined. There was a odd twisted branch coming out from one of these trees which inspired me to want to create a painting of it. So, here is my version or should I say inspiration from my niece's photographic eye.

coops
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Wow thats lovely Eileen and so very well painted. Great work:)

Albert
01-10-2010, 09:47 PM
very good..................

Caesar
01-10-2010, 10:17 PM
A real wonder, dear Eileen! You perfectly captured the light rays projection through the branches and on the grass in the most vivid way.
I like it so much ...

Eileen724
01-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Thanks, Coops...I'm getting there with the painting part...I think!!

Thanks, Albert!

Thanks, Caesar...I'm glad you like it. Yes, the lightening was a something I knew I had to be conscious of due to this being a sunny scenery!

pai
01-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Another Wow from me, very fine detailed work on the grass and the leaves. Beautiful painting. :)

hanzz
01-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Stunning ! wow, all that work that went into this one ! Very nice picture !

Valerie
01-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Eileen this is fabulous. I love it.

shechat
01-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Great painting Eileen, I like the detailand the colours, a fine work.

337_lee
01-10-2010, 11:24 PM
I love paintings and photos of twisted trees. I have a pile of photos I've taken over the years that one day I plan to sort thru and try painting. If I do half the job you did I'll be more than pleased

Evart
01-11-2010, 12:23 AM
This is perfect. Simply stunning!

Alexandra
01-11-2010, 12:37 AM
A stunner Eileen!:):):):):)

Rob in Denver
01-11-2010, 04:07 AM
All the care and extreme attention to detail you have lavished on this painting has paid off in a big way, you have one here to take pride in. The colors and the textures both sing! Great job on it!

ScottF
01-11-2010, 04:14 AM
What a very fine painting! All is well done, but the foliage and the grasses really grab my attention!

Nika
01-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Love it. Very intersting style :)

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Eileen - this all came together so beautifully. Beautiful, bright, uplifting, a fine spirit weaved all through it. Lovely as all get-out. :):)

Bumble
01-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Beautiful :):):)

Eileen724
01-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks, Pai...I'm glad you like it! I guess it shows that I like doing trees and grass, huh?
Thanks, Hanzz...yes, a lot of work indeed!
Thanks, Valerie...glad you think it's fabulous!
Thanks, Shechat...glad you like it and the colors. I have fun picking out my own color palette as I go.
Thanks, Lee...I love trees and enjoy so much painting them especially if they are interestingly shaped - like this painting! You get those pics out of your trees and paint away - you'll do a wonderful job...I just know it!
Thanks, Evart...I'm not sure that it's perfect but I'm pleased with the final outcome and I am glad you are, too!
Thanks, Alexandra...I am so glad you think it's a stunner!
Thanks, Rob...but...I believe I lavish WAY TOO MUCH on my paintings! That "attention to detail" can drive me really buggy at times!!! Maybe next painting, I can be a little freer and just simply let go!!! Regardless, I am so glad you like it!
Thanks, Scott...if I can only be a fraction as good as you doing realistic paintings, I would be such a happy girl!
Thanks, Nika...I'm not sure what I have is a style of any kind. I simply paint what I see and add my own personal touch along the way!
Thanks, Bryon...your kind words speak volumes to me and I am pleased that you find it uplifting and "lovely as all get out"!!! :)
Thanks, Bumble...I am so glad that you find it beautiful!

Sketchism71
01-11-2010, 07:48 AM
This is beautiful Eileen! What an interesting image! I'm not sure what the photo looked like but the light you have captured in this is FANTASTIC! Great use of value and color. This is keeper! Love it!:D:D:D

Eileen724
01-11-2010, 08:12 AM
Thanks, Sketch...your words mean a lot to me. I am so glad you like it! The picture itself did not reflect as much light as I have portrayed and was a bit "bland" so I "perked" it up a bit you can say! I'll attach the ref photo.....

JustinB
01-11-2010, 08:17 AM
I really like what you did here, Eileen. Looks like a beautiful place to go and relax!

jonwood
01-11-2010, 08:21 AM
thats great work Eileen

RobertSWade
01-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Even the details have details. You really lavished this one Eileen, caressing every pixel along the way. Outstanding. Get a frame. :)

Eileen724
01-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks, Justin...yes, it does look like a nice place to relax and forget all your troubles!
Thanks, Jon...I am so glad you like it!
Thanks, Robert...those pixels can drive one crazy at times let me tell you! I enjoy detailing and have an inclination to make it look "just right" or else. Sometimes, too much, though!

Lima
01-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Eileen gorgeous painting:eek::eek::eek:. Love it very very much.

Eileen724
01-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks, Oriane...I am SOOOO glad you like it! :)

Bobbi
01-17-2010, 03:18 AM
Eileen, you are unbelievably talented. This is so well done.

Jules
01-17-2010, 03:35 AM
heavens bells what a lovely painting! I love the detail, gorgeous. :cool:

carlcath
01-17-2010, 06:40 AM
This is really a nice piece. You mentioned that perhaps you would be more open in future paintings with less "attention to detail". I think that all to often digital landscapes try to imulate canvas oil painting or water colors and that detracts from them because digital is trying to mimic something else. I think the ultimate future of digital art will be work like this one. It is based on real life scenes but is clearly a digital work. The work is not trying to copy a body of work that has gone before, it is part of the "new" art. Kind of like when art gradually changed from painting on cave walls to painting on canvas. Those who painted on walls had a different medium than those who much later used canvas.

In the future, digital art will be a separate medium from canvas art and I think this type of landscape is a great reflection of what digital landscapes will ultimately become.

This is a really great piece and I think you should continue just as you are and not make changes to less "attention to detail". Someday, works like this will be proudly displayed is some sort of digital frame and the artist's will be famous digital artist.

paul_uk7
01-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Amazing and beautiful painting, a true inspiration:)

barnburner
01-17-2010, 07:01 AM
That is a wonderful painting Eileen.

Eileen724
01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks, Bobbi...your words mean a lot to me! I love your work, too!
Thanks, Jules...coming from you and the perfection you put into your paintings, makes me smile and have that "feel good" effect!
Thanks, Carlcath...man, you made me blush BIG time with your comment! I can't say enough back to you and your extremely wise and wonderful words. For some reason, a simple thank you doesn't seem enough towards you!
Thanks, Barnburner...I'm glad you like it because I enjoyed doing this (except the road part...that was a rough challenge for me for some odd reason!!!).