PDA

View Full Version : Orchid from a Picture

Jasminek
01-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi,

This is my 1st orchid painting which I painted from a picture I took in Thailand on Feb. 2009. Had problems painting leaves, never seem to mix the green to the shade I wanted.:(

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Jasminek

L Skylar Brown
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Try using the samples palette. This expedites thigs for me. Arrange a group of greens, then purples, then complimentaries. I'm not quite sure what's going on with that logo thing in the very middle of the picture. If you're creating a visual logo with the flowers as bkg, try doing layers, leaving the logo out until the end. If the logo oval is to be there in the finished piece, I would move it up to the most bare place right above where it is now.

Alexandra
01-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Lovely colors and flowers Jasmine.:)

Evart
01-11-2010, 01:05 AM
This is beautiful. Wow, I really like this :)

Khalid_ipda
01-11-2010, 02:50 AM
This painting beautiful, Jasminek. Looks colors and perspective beautiful.

Caesar
01-11-2010, 02:55 AM
A really well made painting, dear mate! :):):)
It's just a pity Your "brand" is a little too big and central to better appreciate it ...;)

Jasminek
01-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi,

Skylar Brown, I really messed up with that thing and don't know how to fix it. Will learn this lesson.:rolleyes: Thanks for the advice on leaves also.

Alexandra, Evart, Khalid and Caesar, my appreciations for your comments. And thanks for everybody who spends time looking. I feel a little self concious when looking at the works of everyone. Need practice and I spend more time now on painting.

Being retired, I normally spend half of the time learning languages but at this time 80% is on painting.:D

Thanks again.

Eileen724
01-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Jasminek...these purple orchids are just beautiful. I think you're doing a fine job and unfortunately - for some of us (me!) - painting is a learning process as we go along. What makes it even more so is that you are also trying to learn all the nuances of ArtRage at the same time. Just keep at it and you'll be just fine!

Lima
01-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Jasminek just beautiful:eek: