PDA

View Full Version : Avatarish RobinDenverish Fun Style????

Alexandra
01-10-2010, 06:48 AM
I was just having fun with tracing my face and doing plastic surgery, and trying for a strange layered look. I abandoned it and drew the Lantern and the lamppost. Then I see Rob has been doing the same thing with his photograph of himself! So here is my attempt Rob, but in no way compares with yours. I tried to give it a depth, but failed, and turned it into a cartoon!

L Skylar Brown
01-10-2010, 06:59 AM
This turned out very cool - Looks a bit like Storm (X-Men!)

coops
01-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Wow Sandy that fabulous, real imagination went into this. Love it:)

Sketchism71
01-10-2010, 07:09 AM
This is very well done Sandra and fits right in with the Avatar style! This has a lot of depth to it I feel. The bubble designs look like they are inside of you. It has a cool transparency to it like an aquatic being of sorts. Great experiment and a total success!:D:D

PICASO41
01-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Sandra

Very inventive with the colors, this would make a great poster to frame :)

Mike

Valerie
01-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Alexandra this is os cool. I love it, I agree it would be a great poster.

iceaxe
01-10-2010, 08:06 AM
One of the very best. Has that top shelf expensive feel

Rob in Denver
01-10-2010, 08:31 AM
This is fun! When I look at it, the first thing I think of is the fun you must have had doing it, and secondly the nice variations and colors that you have allowed to enter into it in such a free manner. The eyes are excellent too!

If mine was an attempt to get in touch with my inner space alien, as Byron suggested, I am wondering what yours might imply!?!
By the way, my drawing had no photo under it, all just freehand. But in the past I have worked over photos of myself, and it is fun to do!

Lima
01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Alexandra very nice Avatarish:p

Alexandra
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Dearest Skylar, Katie, Eddie, Mike, Valerie and Bingo, Ice, Rob, and Oriane, You all have made my day!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your generous comments!:):):):):):):):):):):)

Eddie, at first as you can see on Rob's thread I had started out as a mermaid of sorts, as the gloop is totally aquatic and cool to me, and then I veered to the left and went for an alienish type face.

Rob, maybe as far as getting in touch an inner self, maybe she is reptilian of sorts. :eek::p:D

Docsmith626
01-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Sandra, you are grossly underestimating the quality of what you have accomplished. It's not just good, but fun and exciting good.

Alexandra
01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Doc, You are a dear! Thank you so much!:):):):):)

Evart
01-11-2010, 12:52 AM
This image is like another type of avatar. I like it :)

Caesar
01-11-2010, 01:32 AM
You're actually leaning out towards the observer in such a rutilant disguise, dear Sandra! :eek:
Congratulations for this self-portrait in the original Atlantis Style of Robertus Denverensis! :D:cool::)

Khalid_ipda
01-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Ha ha, you got great idea for this painting. Very nice, very nice.:D:D:D

Alexandra
01-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Evelyn, So happy that you liked it, thanks!
Cesare, Thank you for such a lovely comment, that is so nice of you! But if I had used my face more realistically, it might have been too scary! Haha. No, I just pose, take the picture in mac and then trace it into another person all together. So fun really!
Kahalid, Thanks so much!

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Sandy, beautiful and fun echoing the many other posts. I love it.:):)

Maybe you were trying to get in touch with your inner lantern? :D:D:D

Alexandra
01-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Ohhh I love that Byron. I could not wait and was hoping you would post on this one. I wondered what you would say. My inner lantern. Does that mean the lights are on, but nobody's home?:eek: Just kidding...hey that is very much the case here lately! Senior moments by the plenty. :o:p:D

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Ohhh I love that Byron. I could not wait and was hoping you would post on this one. I wondered what you would say. My inner lantern. Does that mean the lights are on, but nobody's home?:eek: Just kidding...hey that is very much the case here lately! Senior moments by the plenty. :o:p:D

LOL. I think in the end we HAVE to assume "inner lantern" references "inner light". :):):)

RobertSWade
01-11-2010, 08:43 AM
The holistic meds seem to be working. You've never looked more effervescent. :)

Alexandra
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Dear Byron, thanks so much. That was so nice.:)

Hee Hee Bob, yep nothing like B's and Cod Liver Oil!:D Do you like the hair? I think I will try it!:p:D