PDA

View Full Version : Milano portrait in watercolor- revise 1/10

jbyrjbyr1
01-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Shortly after getting AR3 Pro, I tried a monochromatic watercolor portrait of Alyssa Milano (yeah...I know...monochromatic watercolor??? what was he thinking??!!??) and several people here were kind enough to compliment it and ask if I planned to do another of her in color. Since I'd spent a certain amount of time studying and attempting to "see" the original reference photo, I decided to use the same one rather than start Ms. Milano from scratch. (Don't get me wrong, it's certainly NOT a hardship to study photos of beautiful women, but there are only so many hours in a day and since I work for myself, my "boss" can become irritated with me if I enjoy myself too much...) :rolleyes:

Other than some glitter used on the background layer, this is all watercolor at many different settings (since I'm still experimenting/learning) as well as liberal use of eraser and knife on several layers. While I'm enjoying learning the ins and outs of this terrific new ArtRage incarnation, I know I have much to learn...about AR3 and art in general.

As always, Comments, Criticisms and Suggestions welcome.:)

Updated 1/10: Following Robert's gentle (and much appreciated) suggestion to spend a bit more time blending away her "wrinkles," I worked as much as my patience (sometimes in short suppy) allowed.

Caesar
01-10-2010, 06:11 AM
I agree with Your phylosophy to know a lovely lady studying her on some picture or directly to then train on and issue her portrait (even if it's not as a deep experience as what knowing a wowan means biblically :D) and on the fact that it's not such an har task, due to a particular additional motivation:p.
Anyway is not at all easy to use watercolours to that purpose! This painting is therefore stunning indeed!

Evart
01-11-2010, 01:31 AM
She is still beautiful :)

Khalid_ipda
01-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Yes..very nice. Well done with watercolor, well handle with watercolors brushstroke.:D:D:D

ScottF
01-11-2010, 04:21 AM
A beauty, jbyr!

Lima
01-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Very pretty.:eek:

RobertSWade
01-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Now that's a pin-up. :)

screenpainter
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
I really like the dress in this. It has a beautifully painted style in the dress that would be nicely unified in the portrait in the skin areas. She is very beautiful woman for sure.

coops
01-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Thats great JB absolutely great:)

pai
01-12-2010, 02:37 AM
It's nice to see the color version of this portrait. Very well painted with watercolor and I like the top one more which I can see the brush strokes. :)