PDA

View Full Version : The old photographer

vangelis
01-10-2010, 05:21 AM
The old photographer in his kitchen

foxytocin
01-10-2010, 05:35 AM
I just can't say enough about how much I love this painting........it has all the qualities of my favourite photography portraiture as well as what I appreciate most in painted art....the emotion.....

Caesar
01-10-2010, 07:17 AM
I just cannot believe such a marvel's a painting since it has the perfect look of a re-elaborated picture! In case a great picture itself and a wonderfully realistic and emotional interpretation, anyway. Congratulations!

Valerie
01-10-2010, 09:08 AM
This is outstanding

Rob in Denver
01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Compelling piece, worked over a photograph I am assuming? Would be difficult to get this look otherwise.....however you work, it came out very well!

Evart
01-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Great looking realistic painting :)

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 05:13 AM
Yes, terrific result. Would you mind sharing your technique for this one? :)

ScottF
01-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Great portrait! Love the technique and how you so clearly captured the subject´s personality.

JimGL
01-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Let's see. Either you are a great photographer turning into a great painter or you are a great painter turning into a great photographer!

vangelis
01-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Yes, terrific result. Would you mind sharing your technique for this one? :)

...but of course byroncallas*:

In this work a photograph was the beginning. A photo I made as a part of portraits series. First I vectorized this photo in multiple passes. This alienation I make by hand with "Illustrator" or "Studio Artist". The vector files I give out as RGB TIFFs. This TIFFs I invite them in different levels in "ArtRage" and edit it with a palette knife and other tools until it turns into an independent work. No more, no less!

*Please apologize my imperfect English

Nika
01-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Superb painting. Very powerful image :)

Lima
01-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Wonderful:eek::eek::eek:

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 11:21 AM
...but of course byroncallas*:
In this work a photograph was the beginning. A photo I made as a part of portraits series. First I vectorized this photo in multiple passes. This alienation I make by hand with "Illustrator" or "Studio Artist". The vector files I give out as RGB TIFFs. This TIFFs I invite them in different levels in "ArtRage" and edit it with a palette knife and other tools until it turns into an independent work. No more, no less!

Thank you vangelis. You manage to get stunning results through your methods. This one, for example, is very arresting. It has "art" written all over it. Thanks again for sharing your process. :):):):):)