PDA

View Full Version : Fauno

Caesar
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Testing ...

Alexandra
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Dearest Cesare! :eek::o:o:o:pI know this cannot be Pan, but he is certainly sexy nonetheless! Brilliant and totally funny!:D:D:D:D

PICASO41
01-09-2010, 12:17 PM
C

A wicked conceptualization
Great piece :)

Mike

Lima
01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Terrific:eek:. Great image Caesar.

Eileen724
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
What an absolute delight, Caesar! What an interesting character that's for sure!

Valerie
01-09-2010, 12:52 PM
This is terrific,

damasocl
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Terrific And Wonderful!!!!

Docsmith626
01-09-2010, 04:26 PM
This reminds me of that cute cartoon about the over-the-hill faun.

Caesar
01-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Dearest Sandra, our great D Akey made me remind (finding it on You Tube) of a delicious Italian cartoon by Bruno Bozzetto interpreting the special "soundtrack" L'après midi d'un faune by Debussy. I'm a little empathetic with that character, but foir slightly different reason from what malicious thoughts may be.:D
I therefore painted this and experimented also some sticker use. Thank You!

Everyone gets old, dear PICASO, and the alternative option is not that pleasant ...:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Oriane; just some fun while learning the immense possibilities of AR3...

Dear Eileen, I'm really glad You liked this mythological rascal once old too ...;):p Maybe You're a nymph ...:rolleyes::) Thank You!

In a way he's a bit terrific, but also a sad image to a point, dear Valerie, I agree. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Damaso. The oil colours and the blender knife don't work as the previous AR2.5 for certain techniques and effects, but colours are so vivid and possibilities so unlimited on AR3 ...

Dear Doc, I don't know if the cartoon was the one I referred to in my reply to Alexandra hereabove that D Akey found for us some time ago as a video. Thank You!

Khalid_ipda
01-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Wow...great..great painting and great image. I never seen ....you only one painter could paint like this. Great idea, great imagination. :D:D:D:D:D

Evart
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Reminds me of a Narnia character. It looks great. Like a storybook character :D

Caesar
01-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Thank You, dear Kahlid! Without references imaginaion can hardly produce a perfectly realistic image, but can at least raise images from our own mind and fantasy in a free and rich way and give life to the weird characters of the myths...

Dear Evart, You're absolutely right, but I wasn't inspered by Narnia though, but rather Narnia was certainly inspired by the various mythological characters from almost any place, first the ancient Greek-Roman one, as in this case. I read mythological stories of any kind since I was a child ...

coops
01-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Thats terrific dear Ceasar, I feel I know that little chappie, hmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe not but hes cute anyway:)

Caesar
01-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Watch Your flowers and plants though, dear Katie, he's still got some goat instinct .... (sounds nice, doesn't it?) :rolleyes::p
Here I am, back in action, with all my powerful AR3 toys, gal (and friends all over)!!!:D

misterpaint
01-10-2010, 03:08 AM
caesar non posso crederci :D siamo proprio italiani.. ma hai visto che ho fatto un fauno da pochi giorni?? che coincidenza! :D

bellissimo il tuo fauno caesar! sei "mitico come al solito".

Caesar
01-10-2010, 03:34 AM
L'ho visto solo ora, Stefano. Chiedo scusa per la coincidenza con il tuo magnifico (e giovane) esemplare. Credo proprio che ci siano varie cose, oltre le preferenze gastronomiche, estetiche in senso lato etc. che ci fanno individuare come italiani pure dispersi tra tutte le specie galattiche ....:D
Grazie per il bel complimento, ma tu sei un vero maestro. Sto pensando di scrivere e illustrare un libro o un racconto e provare con un editore, ma non so se avrò tempo e ragione sulla mia pigrizia per farlo, soprattutto perché dovrei mantenere uno stile costante ed un approccio ripetibile (due cose difficili per uno sperimentatore folle come me).
Questo non è uno speedpainting, ma almeno è un superspeed drawing e uno speedy background sketching su un'oretta o poco più di fauno ...

Jasminek
01-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Wow!, what hair he has!!!:)

foxytocin
01-10-2010, 04:23 AM
He looks great, Ceasar! So very good to see you posting again.....

Caesar
01-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Thank You, dear Jasminek! The hair is made with both a sticker and the pencil, on a darker base, a combination different in the various parts of the body.

Glad to be back, dear Foxy, thanks a lot! (and in the excited experimental mode with this new AR3 marvel!)

Sketchism71
01-10-2010, 06:35 AM
He is not the prettiest of creatures I have seen you create dear friend but he his is one of your best designs! Fantastic stunning work from conception to palette. You should post this little guy in the fantasy thread in Art Projects, that would be a great place for him to live for others to continue to see. Very well done Caesar! WOW!:eek::):)

L Skylar Brown
01-10-2010, 07:19 AM
I want to know where you got the picture of me before coffee!!! Excellent, and Fun!

Caesar
01-10-2010, 07:47 AM
Thank You for such an enthusiastic appreciation, my dear friend Sketch!
I'll follow Your suggestion too, to keep this little buddy immortal in the appropriate section then ;):p...

Dear Skylar, I guess the coffee is quite useful before You start Your morning running after the lovely Alseides (the woods and forests nymphs) ....:D Thank You (....for posing too):)

Rob in Denver
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Ah Caesar I was wondering where you were and if you were alright, and your rash of posts seems to imply that you are, and are back with some delightful things! This is fun to see and you did a great job on the self portrait here! ( Just kidding my friend!).
On the other hand, trying to sort out the post between you and misterpaint, tells me I have not been working hard enough on my Italian! I keep trying!

Caesar
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Dear Rob, which level of Italian did You reach so far? :confused::rolleyes: I May re-word the exchange between Stefano and myself appropriately to have You enjoy it at the level of difficulty You may manage.:D
I'm OK and Thank You!

pai
01-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Great one, Caesar. I think my favorite fantasy characters of yours. Like his expression. Love it. :)

Caesar
01-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Thank You, dear Pai. I think I might possibly think to compose a fantasy illustrated story (tale and images) sooner or later then ....:rolleyes:

Rob in Denver
01-11-2010, 04:02 AM
No, don't dumb it down, I will keep working!

ScottF
01-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Great technique, Caesar, and what fun! :)

Caesar
01-11-2010, 05:26 AM
OK, dear Rob, good luck then ....;) I just apologize in advance because my Italian prose and words tend to be not that laconic, plain and easy (even worse than my English I'd say).:D

Nice compliments again, dear Scott. Thanks!:)

Nika
01-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Great work, Caesar. In some way your Fauno reminds me M.Vrubel's "Pan". I can see two similar characters but completely different mood in these two pictures :)

Caesar
01-11-2010, 05:46 AM
Thank You, dear Nika! :)
As You know these mythological characters were quite common in classical art. That's why it was not suca h strange coincidence that Misterpaint and myself painted the same being almost contemporarily.
Pan was an ancient demi-god living in the nature, coinciding with the Latin/Roman Faunus (whence the Italian term fauno). Another term for them was satyr (satiro). He was also a famous musician with his typical flute.
They were also painted and sculpted and in Pompei there's also a Casa del Fauno (Faunus' Home). Some of those ancient artpieces are actually appropriate only on the After 9 0'clock section ....:D
Another one of them, Marsia, was protagonist of a sad history and end after challenging Apollo on a music contest he unfortunately eventually lost (and Titien, if I'm not wrong, painted his horrible death).

RobertSWade
01-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Wonderfully executed in your inimitable style. :)

PS. I plan on looking like that soon.

Caesar
01-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Dear Bob, it would have been great to have that character look like You (if You like to wear a pair of horns and of clogs):D thank You, my dear friend for finding my style inimitable (due to my lack of planning and following fixed procedures this is almost true for me too in several cases ...:p)

SCP
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
LOL @ Robert!:D:D:D
Dear Caesar wonderful character,one of my favs from you for sure! I think there is alot of potential for future works with Fauno.Well done.:):):)

Caesar
01-11-2010, 10:51 PM
What a compliment by a demi-god of arts half man and half dog looking to a character half man and half goat ....:D Thank You, my dear SCP!