PDA

View Full Version : Real Color Blending + That Damn Red Spot

byroncallas
01-09-2010, 11:30 AM
OK, this is my last red spot venture. It started as an exercise just experimenting with the Real Color Blending mode and the next thing you know, there it was, that damn spot. :)
100% AR3, no filters.
Effects are observed when blown up full screen and viewed at a distance.
OPTICAL ILLUSION: if you stand about 6 feet or more from your monitor and stare at the red spot and the yellow circle it sits in you might be rewarded with an optical illusion - what you are looking at may change from one thing to something else. Fun if you're into it.
Also posted in Red Spot thread at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=259726#post259726

Eileen724
01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Ha! Yes, there that red spot is....AGAIN!!! It just keeps popping in and out of these threads all week! Wonderful and ever so delightful, Bryon.

Alexandra
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh damn it! You said damn Byron! Hey, I have to join in on this red spot thing. Totally fun!:D

Lima
01-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Nice blending:eek: Byron.

Valerie
01-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Byron another terrific one.

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Oriane, Eileen, Sandy, Valerie: Thanks a lot. This was just a bit of fun, but it WAS a bit of fun. :):):)

Rob in Denver
01-11-2010, 05:41 AM
Love the swirling colors in this, getting them all to work together so well shows your skills, but the impact of the piece as a whole shows your artistry,
which are two different things to my mind, not always joined together, but in your case is a happy marriage indeed.
Played along, got back 6 feet with a big screen. Did not see whatever was suppose to happen however!

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Love the swirling colors in this, getting them all to work together so well shows your skills, but the impact of the piece as a whole shows your artistry,
which are two different things to my mind, not always joined together, but in your case is a happy marriage indeed.
Played along, got back 6 feet with a big screen. Did not see whatever was suppose to happen however!

Thanks Rob.
On the illusion, hmm. Maybe it didn't work that well. What should happen is that if you keep staring at that red spot, in one instance the tunnel will look much longer and deeper with the spot way at the end, or instead, you will see a large globe that has the red spot sitting on or hovering above its surface. The globe should visually fluctuate between being a globe or, instead, disappear and become concave and simply be an elongation of the tunnel. Maybe this on was just to subtle to pan out.???:D:)

SCP
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Byron this is simply Delicious!! Almost looks like you have painted this with bright Icecream flavours...;):):):)

Evart
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
The cool red dot rides again! :D

byroncallas
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Scott, Evart: thanks bunches.:)
Scott - glad to see you're back. And yes - I just through several batches of Ben & Jerry's at it. :D

Sketchism71
01-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Byron... Now you let one slip by me! Maybe we both have been a bit preoccupied lately!:cool: This is fantastic! Genious actually and a very great design! And I am totally psyched!! I saw the illusion. I did what you said and eventually (it took a little while) I recognized the tunnel changing into the sphere! It was real also because I didn't read your responce until after it happenned. It was a double blind study:D! Plus, I'm at work and my co-worker stood next to me and saw it as well. Totally cool!

byroncallas
01-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Byron... Now you let one slip by me! Maybe we both have been a bit preoccupied lately!:cool: This is fantastic! Genious actually and a very great design! And I am totally psyched!! I saw the illusion. I did what you said and eventually (it took a little while) I recognized the tunnel changing into the sphere! It was real also because I didn't read your responce until after it happenned. It was a double blind study:D! Plus, I'm at work and my co-worker stood next to me and saw it as well. Totally cool!
Yo Eddie; well I'm psyched too - I thought the effect had failed. Maybe it just takes a warped mind to see it, in which case, beware of your co-worker. :D:D:D