PDA

View Full Version : Snow Bandit

337_lee
01-09-2010, 05:23 AM
I imagine everyone has to make an attempt at drawing or painting their pet. This is my blue heeler, Bandit, playing in the snow.

I made a pdf file of the steps I took to get to here, mostly for my own sake. A "you probably shouldn't do things this way" reminder, and not likely to be considered a tutorial by any means. If any ones is interested you can download it from my website here (http://www.web-bandit.com/files/artrage/snow_bandit.pdf)

Cycles4Fun
01-09-2010, 05:36 AM
That is a cool painting. <pun intended ;) > I like this a lot. I also have a dog that loves the snow. Nice job capturing the expression and body language. Thanks for sharing your technique! I will read it carefully. I am very new to this and have been reading and studying everything everybody has published on technique.

Alexandra
01-09-2010, 06:30 AM
Absolutely a winner!!!!!!:)

Sketchism71
01-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Very well done Lee! The PDF is also well done, thanks for doing that! You should post that link in the Tips and Tricks section. I love those dogs!:D I get the feeling you live somewhere tropical!;)

hinket
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow, you've really captured the playful nature of these dogs in snow.

And thank you for the PDF. I intend to study it for a future attempt at painting my dog. I need all the help I can get. :D

byroncallas
01-09-2010, 11:26 AM
This is truly outstanding, and so is your tutorial. Thanks for posting both. Great stuff. :)

Eileen724
01-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Lee, this is just wonderful and with the tutorial, it's inspirational! Great job!

Valerie
01-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Lee this is outstanding, you done a fabulous job.

337_lee
01-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Thank you everyone :) It means a lot to me

Sketchism71 - "I get the feeling you live somewhere tropical!;)" When I retired I considered moving to a warmer locale, but then I realized that nothing could be better than living right here in the banana belt in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. Next stupid question please... ;););)

hinket - "you've really captured the playful nature of these dogs in snow." Bandit is about 10 years old. The first snowfall turns him into a puppy. I don't speak dog, but even I understand the "LOOK it snowed, Lets go play, lets run in the snow Oh WoW hurry hurry Let's go" attitude

Eileen724 - "this is ... inspirational!" Stop, I'm blushing :o

Thanks again everyone

337_lee
01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
about the pdf "tutorial"...

Since discovering artrage about a month ago, I find I want to attempt things I've never drawn before, or more precisely, never finished. I've also discovered that "undo" is one of my favourite tools

I haven't even used a tenth of the tools available yet, but I wanted a way to remember how I have chanced upon a neat "effect" that miraculously happened. I have several unfinished paintings on the computer, and sometimes I wonder "how did I make that look like that?" The pdf was really meant for me, but I'd be thrilled if it actually helped anyone else.

I forgot to mention in the pdf that I have started to use another layer as a "notes" layer, where I write down brush sizes, settings, pallettes, etc so that I can easily return to previous setting.

Evart
01-10-2010, 12:32 AM
This is great. I like it :)

coops
01-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Wonderful painting and the PDF is so helpful. Thanks for showing us them both. Well done:)

337_lee
01-10-2010, 11:28 PM
my bad... when I've been to the forum I've been too busy looking at all the new stuff, and forgot to thank you for the comments. Thank you all!