PDA

View Full Version : My Wife

Raybrite
01-09-2010, 01:38 AM
I was given an old board mounted photo of my wife when she ws around 18. It was well worn and pieces were missing. I tried a few of the programs I have on my computer and couldn't get it fixed. finally I came back to AR3. This is the result so far.:):):):):)

Greeneyes
01-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Ray,
You have so much talent.It is a joy to look at your wonderful work and this is another beautiful piece.

Raybrite
01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
This was an all day project. I had to take a photo without any shadows so it had to be outdoors. I then erased the things outside the painting and rotated and cropped it. Then came the hard part.
I used the knife to smear or blend out the small marks and worked it up to the larger ones. Finally I had to use a bit of paint with the color picker and oil brush to get more paint on the canvas and blend out the large areas.
The last thing I did was to adjust the brightness and contrast.
I did take it to photoshop once to lasso a part of the hair where the light was bright on the right side to adjust that a bit and then back to AR to blend that in.
I may work on it more as I am not really satisfied with it yet.:):):)

iceaxe
01-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Inspirational! What more can I say!

AT-TA
01-10-2010, 11:38 AM
You've done very well, Ray...and as a person liking to paint portraits... she is a wonderfull subject to paint... wow..look at that wondefull girlish, baby face...

Raybrite
01-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I,too, like it this way however, I thought I may try to lighten it up to the original tones. Of course, this one will remain separate.:):):):):)

Juz
01-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Fabulous repair job of your beautiful wives portrait Raybrite :):)

PaperTree
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
I actually like the retro feel of the original old board mounted photo with all the imperfections in it. Please keep it safe. I love what you have done with your repair job too, the background is nailed and I love the paint job on the stripe top at the bottom most stripe, but it still has a photo feel to it, a sort of mixed media sort of thing going on. Are you going to do any more to it?