PDA

View Full Version : Let Me Fly

pai
01-08-2010, 07:36 PM
...high to the sky...

mostly oil, pencil sketch, little blending with watercolor, flat knife, stencil for feather, composed with few references..

Dany51
01-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Dear Pai, Is your style and colors, is a nice harmony in it, the young girl remember me also a ballerina, for all that I like it but I will be glad if you came out with some words about what was your intention to represent.
Your paintings are the most of the time complex and can be viewed in different ways .
I don't know if you care or not about people understanding or not exactly what your inspiration was, some artists do some other don't...

In the case of this painting, the feather are beautiful but they came from a very heavy bird who perhaps had his ancestors who did fly in the dinosaurs time but which actually don't fly, in plus only males have this kind of very bright feathers (like in almost all species) the female don't and you place the feathers in the right place for a bird but tell me how this beautiful girl would fly with the end of his legs or whatever, It don't look to me that the feather are on his arms and she move his arms in the incredible hope to fly without feathers (which are males feathers) ,
now this is the exact trascription that I am able to see in it,
I have no idea if is what you intended to do or if eventually is without significance or if I am not able to see what exactly you intented to represent.

You know that I like your work :o:):):)

Sketchism71
01-08-2010, 08:20 PM
This is beautiful Pai! Like a "flying dream"... one that makes you sad once you wake up and realize you really can't fly. Awesome colors!!!:eek::D:D

coops
01-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh so wonderful Pai, the colours are really beautiful. This one I could keep looking at time after time.:)

Eileen724
01-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Wow, Pai, this is just one beautiful and dreamy-like painting. I love your color technique on the peacock feathers and the beautiful brush strokes on her dress. Creative and a classic.

Valerie
01-09-2010, 01:34 AM
Wow Pai this is outstanding.

mannafig
01-09-2010, 02:17 AM
beautifully stunning dear Pai:):)

Alexandra
01-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Beautiful brilliance! I love this one too Pai!:)

byroncallas
01-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Stunning Pai. A beautiful palette of beautifully integrated color, fine, expressive drawing and emotionally powerful. It seems a dream full of hope, aspirations, desire, longing, exuberance and possibility all rolled into one - complex set of emotions ever longing and intent to embrace and experience life. That's my take - and I'm uplifted and feel like I fly high just being with your work. :):):)

ARTGEEK
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Beautiful as always!!! Love your style. This is absolutely stunning:)

337_lee
01-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I've dug through the forums to look at most of your paintings... Think they are all very good

AT-TA
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Love the feathers the most... very good idea.... are you flying a lot in your dreams? I used to... i just used my hands like the birds do and flew up... it was so easy and wonderfull..not anymore...:)

TOM!
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
The picture is very fine, like dream. Sometimes...Itīs beautiful work!

Khalid_ipda
01-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Wow....beautiful idea, pai.:D:D:D

pai
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks so much to Dany, Eddie, Katie, Eileen, Valerie, Mannafig, Alexandra, Byron, Artgeek, Lee, AT-TA, Tom and Khalid for all the wonderful words of this rough piece. You are all too kind to me. :):):)

@Dany, thanks so much for always so supportive and liking my paintings. I don't always describe my paintings because I am not good at that, but I will pick up some words/meanings from some of the comments which kind of fit in. Sometimes I just let the viewer has their own way of seeing. I think most viewers do. Honestly, I don't find myself have a style, I paint whatever I feel at that moment, sometimes it's for fun and sometimes it's just an imagination image from a feeling, an emotion, an event, a place, photos, articles, weird stuffs and also i need music while I paint. Sometimes they are just all mixed together just like Byron described above. And, maybe that's why you see it as complex. Actually, I really like your interpretation of the male feather and not able to fly. :)

@Eddie, it won't be sad if you think of the soul is the sky, then maybe by practising, i can fly high and it will always stay awake, i think. :)

@Byron, thanks for all this big mixed vocabularies you used. I do like your interpretation. :)

@AT-TA, i used to dance when very small. That arm pose, i still do it from time to time, it feels very good, if you let both your arms stretch out far and then flow up and down. :)

This image actually is always in my mind for quite a long time but just didn't have the skill to do it properly. And, still it was not successfully came out. So instead I made it as a rough draft for future. It's just I needed to post it. A tribute. I have been doing this tribute painting since I have Artrage and start to learn to draw/paint. This is the 3rd year. :)

Evart
01-10-2010, 12:51 AM
how original, a peacock lady. nice!