View Full Version : Stilllife with roses and satin.

10-18-2006, 09:07 PM
hi there...i was in a strong mood for oil painting (on canvas), when i painted this digital piece, so I handled it in a very similar way as i wouldve done my oils. i even forgot in the middle of the painting process that im sitting infront of my computer, with a pen (wacom tablet), in my hand...:).
I went for suggestions, with casual, spontaneous brushwork, though I kept the setting/environment very traditional/classical. Ive put enough detail that was required to portray the scene that i had in my mind. My goal here, was to capture various kinds of textures and their look/feel (softness, hardness, reflective, shiny, glossy) and I really enjoyed doing every bit of it...:).
No reference used. This is all self-visualized/composed. All painted in artrage – tablet.

Thanks for coming in…cheers all.

10-18-2006, 09:18 PM
:shock: (here should been written what always is written beneath your pictures)

can you explain how you get that kinfe feeling of your strokes?

10-18-2006, 09:19 PM
:shock: dont know how you do it matey but yet another marvellous painting waheed............particularly love the satin cloth ..superb details and textures A1 again fella ............ :D :D

D Akey
10-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Sweet lighting. Amazing that you are able to get that detailed without reference. I guess experience accounts for something. :D

I especially like how the light hits the blanket thingy. Good fabric texture.

10-18-2006, 09:21 PM
When I grow up can I want to be a painter like you !!
Amazing textures and lighting friend. You really show off this program.

10-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Waheed, that's just gorgeous! The contrast in textures is breath-taking. The glazed pottery feels glassy just to look at, while the velvety texture of the fabric looks soft and, well, velvety. And the rose petals are fantastic.

You are such a master of light, shadow, and surfaces! It's quite an honour to us here at Ambient Design that you've chosen to express yourself through ArtRage.

[edit - I meant Satiny, not Velvetty.... ]

Peter Pinckney
10-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Waheed,

10-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I am not worthy...... :shock:

i can feel the satin !, amazing flowers and fabric ...........amazing! :D
you make it seem so effortlessly done.........how long did it take you to get to this point...as in to be able to do pictures like these and without references?

10-18-2006, 11:21 PM
beautiful, tres bon

10-19-2006, 12:16 AM

10-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Another pleasure for the eyes. It is so natural looking, like real oils.

10-19-2006, 02:27 AM
stunning Waheed :D -love the silk quilt you put under the flowers..a beautiful imagining

10-19-2006, 05:40 AM
breathtaking,...... no reference....which planet you came from ,you say ?

Aged P
10-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Hi Waheed,

True Art as usual. Wonderful (hairan kon?)!

How long did it take to paint?
Did you do an under painting first?

10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Oh oh oh Waheed... :shock: :? 8)

Just a word : Magnifico... !

Keep stimulate our imagination ..

10-19-2006, 10:18 AM
thats some beatiful feedback...many thanks to all of u...:).

maror...its a simple of knife, nothing special a technique, i just use it randomly to get the effect i want. my approach is very direct (with every tool), just like doing a real painting. thanks for admiring it...:).

speggie...thank u mate...:).

D Akey...thanks...yes i agree on the experience part. i think my real painting experience plays quite a role in my digital work...:). and yes, its all from my mind, completely visualized. no reference. i used to do a lot of life drawings and paintings, with spot lights and a cut cardbox, all arranged. still do whenever i get time. i think that experience helps a lot as well.

Rkngel...thank u so much for your kind words...i would say u are already doing very good...ive seen your work...:).

AndyRage...thank u very much for all the compliment mate...:). actually im the one who feels honored, really. when i get such a nice response from the staff and from all the members here. it always feels great when u get admiration from others who know the things themselves.
thanks for providing this lovely software "Artrage". i find it best to express myself in there.

Peter Pinckney...thank u very much...:).

ENCHANTER...thank u very much for the appreciation...:). im not sure about exact hours, i worked for less than 2 days on and off. i think it took about to 5 hours in total to complete this. yes, its done without any reference.

friendly...thanks u mate...:).

philoponia....thanks a lot...:).

Fashmir...thank u so much...:).

Selby....many thanks...:).

hanzz...thank u so much...glad u like it mate. planet? ah let me remember...:).

Aged P...thank u very much phil...:). took about 5 hours in total, worked on and off for a couple of days. i just apply basic colors first, then put further applications of paint to build up forms. no special technique, i just follow my instincts...:).
hairan kon?...sorry i dont get it, what does that mean?

Weeks...thanks alot...sure mate...:).

lastly many thanks to all of u for all the time, appreciation and for all your kind words. this means a lot to me.

good day.

florida girl
10-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Waheed: ""My goad here, was to capture various kinds of textures and their look/feel (softness, hardness, reflective, shiny, glossy)""
Well, you accomplished your goal! It's all there...
It's your passion for painting that makes them in a class of their own... Very Richly presented. All of your work is a feast for the eyes.

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl 8)

10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
hi there florida girl, thank u so much for coming in and for all your kind words...:). i appreciate. im glad u like my work...:).

P.S. ah...that a silly spelling mistake... :lol: . i typed "goaD" instead of "goaL"...well, its correct now...edited...:).

10-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Your abilities are quite obvious! Did you state that you work in both traditional and the digital materials?
I found that using traditional media really helped me to jump into the digital.
Keep up the wonderful work

10-19-2006, 01:30 PM
ingie01...thank u ingie01, for liking this...:). yes, i do paint on canvas as well (real painting, using oils) and work as a digital artist too. and yes, doing real paintings do help with digital work...:).

let me share one of my oil painting here (i hope its okay with the Staff):
title: Stilllife with kettle - 2 (Oil on canvas).
actual size: 20" by 24" (h/w).
sold out and its in UK now.

10-19-2006, 01:41 PM

Nice and fine works, Waheed. Excellent if says so also.

10-19-2006, 07:08 PM
thank u very much heikki...:).

D Akey
10-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Wow, Waheed.

I can't help but think of artistic wealth when I see colors and values like that -- a personal quirk I suppose, but I really like this one.

Looking at it summons up passages of Urdu poetry, and the smell of coffee.

10-20-2006, 03:28 PM
d akey...thats some good observation...:). i enjoyed reading it. thanks for admiring this painting (oils) as well...:).
its actually an arabic kettle, with those small cups (arabians traditional stuff) i painted this when i was in UAE...:).

thanks for coming in again...cheers.

10-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Ton travail est un merveilleux passp'art pour aller plus loin...si encore possible
Your work is a wanderful passp'art to go further...if possible !
Bravo ! : :D

10-29-2006, 08:53 AM
thank u very much Saga for admiring my work...:).

best wishes.

10-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Waheed........This is Excellence in Artisty.....It is a Masterpiece....Thanks for putting this on............Very well done....Jack.

10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
hey jack...thank u very much for the appreciation...its nice to see u here...:).