PDA

View Full Version : In the kitchen

vangelis
01-07-2010, 04:58 AM
A relative in her kitchen

AT-TA
01-07-2010, 06:07 AM
wonder what she is thinking about. Did she like the picture?
You've done very good with the figure. Must be in Europe somewhere... the apron what she wears... is telling me that.::)

Sharlotta
01-07-2010, 06:08 AM
Amazing! :eek: I love the style and detail! Post more, plz! :D

Lima
01-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Very nice indeed.:)

Lee
01-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Dear Vangelis, perfectly beautiful!!!:)

Evart
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Nice work! :)

carlcath
01-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Nice subtle colors. It would look nice framed on a wall.

foxytocin
01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I love the play between clarity and blurred lines...and her expression is quite interesting....it really does pull you in to the painting.....

D Akey
01-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Outstanding!!! Great style. Really about the art. It almost feels like a magician pulling a rabbit out of the hat. Very sketchy, almost like the artist is half paying attention and then Presto! An incredible portrait.

It's like you're so good you can be offhanded in a duel with the painting, and then plant the coup d'grace at will and win the match.

It really works very well! :):):):):)

byroncallas
01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I think it's outstanding. I think I'll ditto D'Akey a bit while heaping on a high amount of additional praise. I love it. :)

Valerie
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Fantastic painting.

Alexandra
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I love this painting!!!!!!!!:):):):)

RobertSWade
01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
This is one of those rare occasions where I have to skinny up a word processing window in order to create a comment while still looking at the image.

Where to start? I must first pay homage to the observations of AT-TA, Foxy and Professor Akey who mrrored my thoughts so well on first seeing this.

She is seated, she is tired, her hands are heavy, her mind and memories are a little fuzzy around the edges. Her face carries the marks of every joy and pain she has experienced. Her life has made her who she is and now she waits in quiet resignation knowing that the strength that saw her through life will see her through whatever comes next. She is the personification of a hard life lived well. In the maelstrom of disappointment and uncertainity, she always knew what was important. Family, Faith, and the unswerving Knowledge that it was only ever her little corner of the world over which she had any amount of control. She has rejoiced in the birth of children and grandchildren and she has moaned for many nights the loss of the only man she ever loved. But her time is not yet come and there are now great-grandchildren who need to know the smell and taste of pumpkin pies and cinnamon buns prepared by the hand of one who hopes only for the twinkle in the eye of a child who knows that they are loved.
The door can wait ...

L Skylar Brown
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
You have a wonderful style combining created and manipulated content in one. Quite effective.

RobertSWade
01-08-2010, 06:11 PM
... bringing this back up.

pai
01-08-2010, 08:44 PM
I always like painting about senior people. They have so much in their lives and their expression on face. Just like this excellent painting from yours. So much feeling in it. Great art work. :)

vangelis
01-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Thank you for your encouraging comments! Unfortunately my holidays ends and Iīll have not so much time for my passion.

Vangelis

Briex
01-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Vangelis, this is an ArtRageous painting. Very well done aslike your bikes in the snow and the delicious olives. What a nice technique you have. For me this scenery you painted is typical Belgian: a good Belgian 'moeke' with typical Belgian apron, her whole life caring for the family, sitting for while in her living kitchen: was it for rest or for posing on the picture...? She looks tired but proud, modest and satisfied. You made art.

vangelis
01-09-2010, 06:26 AM
For me this scenery you painted is typical Belgian: a good Belgian 'moeke' with typical Belgian apron, her whole life caring for the family, sitting for while in her living kitchen: was it for rest or for posing on the picture...? She looks tired but proud, modest and satisfied.

Dear Briex,

she lives on the border region of Lorraine* and makes the best Mirabelle plum brandy of the whole area!

Vangelis

*Itīs actually not very far to Belgium

Briex
01-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Dear Briex,

she lives on the border region of Lorraine* and makes the best Mirabelle plum brandy of the whole area!

Vangelis

*Itīs actually not very far to Belgium

Ah, okay thanks Vangelis. I know the Lorraine area, have been there several times for holidays (Luxemburg, Rheinland Pfalz, Lorraine area). Plum brandy! Cheers