PDA

View Full Version : Space Art Gallery

Bobbyray
01-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Hi All you Ragers,

Well I finally got caught up with my art gallery website....2010 is here whew! So from now on this thread will be for my new space/abstract paintings. Check in anytyime and enjoy! If you want to see my previous artworks feel free to visit my website.... http://www.MaskMaster.com

Thanks for viewing!

Lima
01-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey Bob, wonderful. Your homepage is beautiful. Congratulations.

Valerie
01-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Bob this is terrific. Going to ck out your web site.

alinevada
01-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Stunning! I love that kind of other worldly landscape work.

coops
01-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Thats beautiful Bobby the colours are terrific:)

Bobbyray
01-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks very much! You are all too kind.... You are a true inspiration to a starving artist....really. Anyway I will be adding more artworks to this thread soon and as time goes on.......so stay tuned.

Evart
01-05-2010, 06:55 AM
:eek: whoa, that looks awesome bobbyray!

byroncallas
01-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Terrific as usual BobbyRay - indeed you just get better an better with these space masterpieces. Great that you are devoting a thread. As it grows it will be a terrific legacy and resource for other artists. Keep venturing where no man has gone before. :D:D:):):cool::cool:

Bobbyray
01-05-2010, 08:08 AM
A new artwork called Comet X. Representative of the fabled Nibiru from the ancient Sumerian Texts or Planet X as we call it today. It is a long story but true if you want to check it out....do a google. Very interesting.

narf
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi,

I am still not satisfied with all digital airbrush tools. It is far away from the real thing. It is quite difficult to draw
a target-orientated space scenery.

I do not like to use a somehow raytracing generator software to get a more or
less ramdom result and modify that, like Bobbray does it. In most cases the results look somehow too artificial.:(

I prefer total control of the drawing tools. ;)

Digital airbrushes do not even provide double-action. :(

Or does anybody have an idea how I can produce images like these 2 galaxies with some digital painting software or process?

idiotiQue
01-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Great work you've got!
I really like such images, I'm a fan! :D

Bobbyray
01-06-2010, 12:42 AM
NARF...... I do understand the desire to paint it. Twenty years ago I used to paint my space scenes px X px...... However, now I use a plugin called Diard software:.. Universe Image Creator and now with AR3 I can go over it with the spray gun and use other tools to truly enhance the image. The finished paintings here posted are in jpg format and are not quality as a PNG, which I have as the original as I do sell my artworks. The jpgs are just for posting. Try the UIC demo plugin. You might like it.

idiotiQue ... A fan.....wo... thanks! I like fans! I do appreciate your love for space art. Please, Stay tuned to thiis thread for more artworks. Thanks again for viewing and posting!

Bobbyray
01-10-2010, 09:18 AM
A new scenery painting. This was very complicated to do....doh. Well it is finished and wala, here it is. Hope you enjoy it.

Bobbyray
01-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Another landscape night view... hope you enjoy!

Alexandra
01-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Beautiful Bray!:)

coops
01-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Wow those mountains as fantastic Bobbyray:)

Bobbyray
01-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Thanks very much Alexandra, Coops and ummmm uh oh yes Byroncallis and everyone else viewing. The 2 landscapes above are experimental for me. I am using Vista Pro 4.2 to render the basic landscape and then Ar 3.0 Sp for all other details and touchups.

Lima
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Bobby great art.:)

SCP
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Bobbray nice work mate,and I really like your Avatar! Very cool!;):)

Bobbyray
01-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks Orianelima and SCP, yes my Avatar....thats me....da Pinhead! Actually my software & webcam did that. wo. Scary. hehe

saddy
01-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Awesome works!! I love them!:):):)

Bobbyray
01-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi All,

Well the Holidays are over and now it is time to get back to some serious work...wo

This painting is of

an ancient city and its lost Civilization that has been destroyed by their enemy eons ago and has been forgotten throughout time. An advanced civilization....lost forever without any memories only the ruins tell the story. Another alien race of planetary archeologists has just discovered the planet and city ruins.

It appears according to the archeological scientific tests results that the enemy that destroyed this city came from within it to destroy it. A missing link? The realization that there are no alien remains indicates that they were vaporized instantly, even deep down inside the living and working areas of the caverns. It also appears that the enemies device or weapon that destroyed the city was some kind of power source for the city. The search continues for the Planetary Archeologists.

BRAY

Caesar
01-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Your Space Art is always an amazing experienze and travel, dear mate! Excellent and perfectly rendered artpieces!

Bobbyray
01-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks Caesar,

I did render an intricately detailed scene with Vista Pro 4.2. The landscape took a long time to create every little aspect (4hr). Then I used AR3 SP tools; spray, brush, knife and more to touchup details and add the stars and fog. I used a stencil for the ufo. Then I had to write the story. Then I had a cup of coffee and a cig, reviewed it and wala added the text with AR3. whew. Mon dis is fun but a lota fun!

Keep thy brush close and thyne critics closer

Bobbyray
01-14-2010, 07:39 AM
On another World far far away..........

Lima
01-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Hey Bob, you're in a constant straight into space:):eek:

Bobbyray
01-26-2010, 05:21 AM
Hi all,

I managed to finish another Alien World......whew.... I have been kinda busy working on the E-Magazine..... Hope that you enjoy it!

Bobbyray
01-29-2010, 12:50 AM
AND another starview for you....hope that you enjoy!

Khalid_ipda
01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I see all the images in the gallery space of your painting. All very good, very beautiful style of painting and coloring is great. Great work, Bobbyray:):):):):)

coops
01-29-2010, 07:50 PM
These are all fantastic Bobby:)

Eileen724
01-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey, Bray! Gosh, I don't know how I missed this thread when you first started it but I am glad that I came upon it tonight! I just love all of these space paintings. The galaxies are stunning with the colors and textures you've incorporated into the paintings. The one with the planet rocks is just so well done - the rocks look so realistic! What a delight it was to travel through your space thread.....!!!!

Alexandra
01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
These are wonderful Bobby!:):):):):):)

Bobbyray
01-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and inspiration. We all have our favorite type of art and this is mine to share with you all. I do others as well but not like my space art.

Thanks for viewing and commenting! It is always appreciated! I wish I had more time to view and comment on others artworks.

BRAY

Caesar
01-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Dear mate, thank You very much for this amazing trip throughout the universe in its most fantastic, colourful and enchanting perception!:eek::cool::):):):):)

Bobbyray
01-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks Caesar.....muchly appreciated...... you are very kind ( A true Rager)

Here is um one of my boo boos...... that turned out to say a lot; a picture is worth a thousand words. Hummm, well it is what it is and I am not sure what it means but it is apparent that a planet is about to collide with another..... PS... not ours! It is only Sci-Fi.
Hope you enjoy!

Alexandra
01-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Bobby, I love this!!!! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!:)

Bobbyray
02-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Alexandra

Gee thanks..... you are so kind!

Bobbyray
02-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Actually this is a photo of my planet cruiser.....I wish......hehe

enjoy!
BRAY

SCP
02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet !:cool::):):) Keep up the good work Bobby.

Caesar
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Here's the ranger of inflating universes and galaxies, master BobbyRay, the fixed stars system for space art. :eek::cool::):):):):) Astounding martpieces!:D

Bobbyray
02-19-2010, 09:29 AM
SCP and Caesar

You are both too kind and I do appreciate it a lot. Yes space is my Place!

jibes
02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Although I'm not a big fan of this type of art I think you do an outstanding job. Good work.

Docsmith626
02-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Recalls a bit of doggeral I learned decades ago. . .

Gully Foyle is my name
Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination

Caesar
02-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Dear BobbyRay, I don't know if you're inspired by some sort of space pictures or image, but You do give to such space views an incredible power and a greatly artistic touch without eclypsing reality with an evident personal style.
First ranking stunners!

Bobbyray
02-20-2010, 01:46 AM
HI all,

Jibes...that is the best compliment I have ever heard....thanks so much.

Docsmith626.... WOW thats cool.....I like it...

Caesar..... ahhh my frind yes an artist does have their own special way to create.....thank you so much for your kind words

All of my inspiration comes from kind, supportive and caring people like the Ragers.

Thank you all so much!
BRAY

Alexandra
02-20-2010, 01:52 AM
The planet cruiser is another beaut Bobby! Awesome!:):):):):):):):)

Bobbyray
02-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Thanks Alexandra......your so kind. Thanks much! That is what makes it all worthwhile.

Jules
02-20-2010, 07:38 AM
by jupiter :rolleyes:

Bobbyray
02-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Jules.....

nice......so you are a space artist, hu? cool! I like it a lot. Did you paint it or?????? just curious... thanks for the reply.....nice artwork!

Bobbyray
02-20-2010, 10:10 AM
and.............another one for your entertainment....enjoy!

Lima
02-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks Caesar.....muchly appreciated...... you are very kind ( A true Rager)

Here is um one of my boo boos...... that turned out to say a lot; a picture is worth a thousand words. Hummm, well it is what it is and I am not sure what it means but it is apparent that a planet is about to collide with another..... PS... not ours! It is only Sci-Fi.
Hope you enjoy!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: great Bob.

Jules
02-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Jules.....

nice......so you are a space artist, hu? cool! I like it a lot. Did you paint it or?????? just curious... thanks for the reply.....nice artwork!

Yeh I love astronomy, aliens...ufo's black holes...theoretic strings branes and multiverses LOL

Yeh I painted this a while back thought Id add it, its not a great rendering, I was just messing about..:D

Caesar
02-21-2010, 12:28 AM
Another super-stunner, my cosmological friend!

Bobbyray
02-21-2010, 05:19 AM
Orianelima....
hehe is that really your facial expression? nice thanks much! I have a lot of new artworks but no time to add right now busy with the mag.

Jules,

so cool.... I own, built and operate a Space Radio Telsecope Observatory. SJUSVIRJO Specifically for recieving the sun and Jupiter emmissions. For The NASA Jove Project. So nice. I had an idea....I made the 400 sq foot antennas work on my 35' sailing yacht. Wo that was something and it gets a lot of looks at.hehe.. It works great but lightning can go long distances without a cloud in the sky..ya know....ow. So carefully. Yes a lightning detector is required...hehe I also studied astrophysics at my university a long time ago. I also designed and built a new device to measure and calculate the distance and size of any star.... yes they had those and it was a pain so made a new way to do it so simple. Basically it was 3 people to do it....now 1. Anyway thanks for the reply and keep on Spacen!

Bobbyray
02-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Caesar,

My friend.....thanks again ....as always it is appreciated.

PS>>>>> #7 Pizza please...um delivered to: USVI Coral Harbor..."Indies Gal" Yacht....oh Yeas 10min? I wait hungrily.

SCP
02-21-2010, 09:52 AM
G'Day Bobbyray,man love the colours in your latest one! Very cool.:cool::cool::cool:

sabena
02-21-2010, 10:28 AM
hi Bobbibray

you have done a fantastic work with space wonderful painting bravo:rolleyes::D

FireFytingNut
02-21-2010, 11:49 AM
:eek: OMGOSH!! Bobbyray, these are SOOOOO awesome!!!!

I am a space fanatic. I can't say I've got a whole lot of deep knowledge under my belt but I reaaaally enjoy learning everything there is to know about space and, of course, I can't get enough of pictures that Hubble sends back and astronomy pictures. VERY coooool! You're like the Painting Hubble! ;)

I'm blown away by your story of the equipment you've created. That is sooo cool! I would love to see your sail boat and hear about things you've heard and seen. Awesome to the max!

Bobbyray
02-22-2010, 05:24 AM
Ahhhh SCP my friend from the land of......magic. such a beautiful country....I was there for the 1988 Worlds fair and again in 1989...wow!

Ahhh Sabena.....thanks so much my friend, you are so nice.

Ahhhh zo.....FireFytingNut.... your too kind. Thanks very much.

So inquiring minds want to know....hehe so be it.

Email me at [email protected] and I shall be happy to enlighten you.
Note; add your screenname pls.

ANYONE can join the NASA Jove Project.....at a cost of course. They provide the EQ, pre-made or you can build it yourself....wo....if you know electronics and can read the schematics.. antenna, radio, laptop are required. Software is provided but for advanced....you pay...doh! Mon it does cost $$$ to get your own sys up and running. OR well email me. ANYone can listen for free to some of the recorded data streams provided... here http://radiojove.gsfc.nasa.gov/
Thanks again!!!! and keep tunned in to this thread for more ART from OUTER SPACE!
Yesterday 06:49 PMFireFytingNut

Jules
02-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Orianelima....
hehe is that really your facial expression? nice thanks much! I have a lot of new artworks but no time to add right now busy with the mag.

Jules,

so cool.... I own, built and operate a Space Radio Telsecope Observatory. SJUSVIRJO Specifically for recieving the sun and Jupiter emmissions. For The NASA Jove Project. So nice. I had an idea....I made the 400 sq foot antennas work on my 35' sailing yacht. Wo that was something and it gets a lot of looks at.hehe.. It works great but lightning can go long distances without a cloud in the sky..ya know....ow. So carefully. Yes a lightning detector is required...hehe I also studied astrophysics at my university a long time ago. I also designed and built a new device to measure and calculate the distance and size of any star.... yes they had those and it was a pain so made a new way to do it so simple. Basically it was 3 people to do it....now 1. Anyway thanks for the reply and keep on Spacen!

Wow now thats impressive :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::c ool::D

Bobbyray
02-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Jules,

Thanks so much......
I also had an idea....ow...another one.

To view Jupiter on a large computer screen with a ccd color camera on the telescope to view it and Listen to Jupiter emmissions at the same time.....wo
An impressive show it was.

Yes I am a little measley part time Astro-Scientist too. Wo turn out those lights...mon I am workin here O~:

I am working on how to go 20 hours a day and only sleep 4....hummm any ideas anyone ??????? I have it down to 6 hours sleep a day now. 2 to go. hehe

Thanks again
BRAY

Bobbyray
02-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Hope you all enjoy the show!

Belvrog
02-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Some great paintings Bobbyray. The first one is my favorite. Cool!

Bobbyray
02-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks Belvrog,

The first one hu? Cool..... ! Glad that you enjoyed the show.

Bobbyray
02-25-2010, 08:33 AM
We all have our Space pets....:confused:

a couple of mine. :eek: hehe

Hope you enjoy them

BRAY

Alexandra
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow, those are beautiful Bobby!:)

Bobbyray
02-25-2010, 12:29 PM
ahhhh Alexandra... you are too kind! Thank you..and remember
"(Draw freely upon your imagination .:eek:......" -Albert Einstein
Draw upon your positive imagination and make it a reailty)..;). Bobby Ray Howle

It is just a theory....of mine. :)

Thanks again and as always! :D

LPBaker
02-25-2010, 12:51 PM
You're a man after my own heart, BobbyRay :) I've always loved space and scifi art (and fantasy art too). I've always been a particular fan of Vincent DiFate - vincentdifate.com - you might like his work too!

Another great source of inspiration and ideas is Nasa's "Astronomy picture of the day" website - antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod

I have done a number of space/scifi pieces in the last few months. I won't post them here because they're not ArtRage (there's a few acrylics, a few done with spraycans, and some Photoshop) but they're in my website gallery if anybody's interested - LPBaker.com

~ Lindsay

Bobbyray
02-26-2010, 12:41 AM
LPBAKER,

Thanks so much. Yes the flow and love for a special type/s of art is sometimes shared. I have always enjoyed space art and sci-fi too.
Please send me an email with your links and all.... cant wait to see your art!;)

PS...SYDNEY? Wo, I was there traveling in 1988-89 and got to do some underwater cave diving photography.....sooooo nice Sydney!:eek::eek::eek:

BRAY [email protected] :)

Caesar
02-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Great trip around the universe and the ages ...

Bobbyray
02-26-2010, 05:33 AM
ahhh Caesar,

Again I say it......thanks so much for your comments and I am glad that some people do enjoy my style and type of Space Art.

Stay tuned for more to come.:eek:

BRAY:)

Bobbyray
03-01-2010, 04:43 AM
Hi all,

A new type of space art for me.....hummmm a city on an Alien World.:eek:
Hope you enjoy:)....this has been a WIP for a long time but now finished.;)
BRAY

Bobbyray
03-15-2010, 04:31 AM
A small cartoonish space related painting.
Hope you enjoy!

Delirium8413
03-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Very neat I have actually been trying to do this as well but in traditional art. It is hard.

Bobbyray
03-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Delirium8413

Thanks so much.....what exactly have you tried to do in traditional art???
Space art or cartoons....... If you need help or tips ask away.:)

Bobbyray
03-17-2010, 09:27 AM
And of course what is space without an Alien.... Grey species.:eek:
hope that you enjoy.

Bobbyray
03-19-2010, 12:38 AM
We come in Peace! A new world to explore....ahhhh
Hope you enjoy. Thanks for tuning in.

Alexandra
03-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Bray, These are great!:D

Bobbyray
03-19-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi Alexandra,

Thank you very much! I am glad that you enjoy the artworks. :)

Bobbyray
03-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Hi all,

Another alien scene......the Alien Explorers search for a new World to ravish for their needs.....wo:eek:

Bobbyray
03-28-2010, 08:20 AM
ahhh a new one.....just a window view, or is it?