PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy(as requested)

DigitalViscosity
01-04-2010, 05:58 AM
I get random PMs sometimes of very boring projects, but I enjoy exploring anatomy from behind. I used a muscular diagram from my medical books for the form reference. The skin and person is original =)

Evart
01-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Is this Levi? LOL jk, nice job!

DigitalViscosity
01-04-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm starting to think I should ditch the real life\cartoon style of painting I do its very unappreciated by most of the forum. I'll start drawing with my mouse some random colors and shapes, obviously if you spend 5mins of work you get more of a community response than if you spend 2 - 4 hours.

screenpainter
01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Really nice figure painting. love the way you used that texture brush for hair on the arm. It's really a fine art piece regardless of the time you spent.

Gee, who says you have to make your art based on responses you get from here? That is a bit confining for you hmmm? You are an amazing artist. I, for one~ among others I'm sure, would encourage you to use that great talent. Sometimes you spend minutes and get great art and sometimes it takes days. I think you would agree both are valid expressions. Personally, I think the time spent is well worth the outcome. One has to wonder how disheartening it must have been for the impressionists to get such awful critiques and comments on their work at their showings and for them to practically starve at times from a lack of income and yet they kept on painting. And thank God they did.
wow, I would hate to see you abandon your lengthy projects that yield brilliant and genius paintings for the reason of a lack of response on this forum. :eek: :confused: jmho :)

Eileen724
01-04-2010, 02:38 PM
DV, this is spectacular work...I love to see such work here in this forum! The study of the human anatomy is fascinating as well as beautiful and you've accomplished a great piece here.

Please don't get discourage even though it MAY seem like no one is responding, they are viewing it...there's almost 100 views for this one painting of yours! I have been actively on this forum every day for the last few weeks trying to post to as many postings as I can but I am struggling to keep up!!! They're not on Page 1 but for a few minutes it seems due to so many people posting. I have been pretty religious about going back several pages and posting to any that may have slipped past me and I believe most of the other regulars are doing the same as well.

You are a wonderful and talented artist and are a joy to have in this forum so just keep on painting and posting!!!

Gray
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
If you drop the real life/cartoon style, I will be very sad. Just saying. This painting is somehow very realistic, despite the very limited pallet you chose. I guess that's what you get when you both study human anatomy and can make a pen go where you want it to go =D

DigitalViscosity
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
@gray Normally when I paint I like to use different hues of the same color to achieve a painting. I try to stay simple with color palettes

Gray
01-04-2010, 04:09 PM
I can't argue with your results. It's fantastic. I love using as many colors as possible: real life doesn't use a limited pallet, but I love art with a well controlled pallet. It says something of the skill of the artist when they can control their pallet. Didn't mean to malign the painting, I think it's great.

pai
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
DV, this anatomy painting is so excellent painted. Great skin tone color palette. I can see and feel your love of painting/drawing. Please continue to do so when you have free time because you truly is very talented. :)

Alexandra
01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm starting to think I should ditch the real life\cartoon style of painting I do its very unappreciated by most of the forum. I'll start drawing with my mouse some random colors and shapes, obviously if you spend 5mins of work you get more of a community response than if you spend 2 - 4 hours.
Gosh, this breaks my heart! What have I written to you! I guess my comments don't matter.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( If I had but an ounce of your talent, I would be jumping for joy!
This is a great anatomy painting, and your fantasy paintings are all outstanding! They inspire me to better myself as I love them so much!

Mairzie Dotes
01-05-2010, 12:19 AM
DigitalViscosity,
Pardon my girlish rejection of the anatomical technicalities because all I
see is an extremely stunning painting. Absolutely beautiful art work! :)

D Akey
01-05-2010, 02:14 AM
It's good work. But that isn't what jumped to fill the screen.

Careful of the rejection characterization. It will make it hard for you to be open as an artist. Don't want to shut down. That will hamstring you like you wouldn't believe.

It's nice to get this kind of thing sorted out before you enter the work force as an artist if that's what you're intending.

Your work is really good. And you have lots of energy, clearly. Formidable. :):):):):)

Rob in Denver
01-05-2010, 02:57 AM
As someone who simply cannot even view all the art coming through here, let alone comment on it, though I wish I could ( use to try and developed complete burn-out), I will usually spot yours, be flabbergasted by the work, and comment on it. Its amazing, but I agree with DAkey, to base your work on the response from others is an easy thing to get caught up in, and not always a good thing to do.
I watched a movie with Picasso the other night, and he said he did not care what others thought of what he did. Hard to get to that point, but it is an admirable goal to keep in mind.
And careful to assert that others spend five minutes on something, they may spend hours on a painting, getting it to look like they only spent 5 minutes. I would be among those!
Chin up friend-you are great!

Valerie
01-05-2010, 03:17 AM
Dv, This is an excellent drawing. I think that you are a true artist. Don't give up.

Jasminek
01-05-2010, 03:29 AM
Hi,

I have lots of problem blending skin color but yours is so perfect. I am very new to the ArtRage and this forum but I am very glad to find this forum. Your work is very realistic. Any advice for a new person like me on blending the skin color please?

Thanks,
Jasminek

DigitalViscosity
01-05-2010, 05:27 AM
I like to use varying hues of the same color to create a gradient, I don't like blending because its tedious and boring. The reason I do my blending that way is it constantly keeps me thinking about what to do next instead of a mindless blend blend blend

justjean
01-05-2010, 06:21 AM
oh dear I must not see things as others do cause to me this is not a cartoon drawing but what a painting should look like so in my unknowlegeable way I think it's GREAT :)

Evart
01-05-2010, 07:43 AM
I certainly hope it wasn't something I said DV, I mentioned Levi, because he was Sarah Palin's daughter's baby father, who posed nude in Playgirl magazine. :) Your painting looks a bit like the pose he did in a shot. This really is one of your best works, and I like it. :)