PDA

View Full Version : Maror's Picturepl.(26.12.08, cityconcept)

Pages : [1] 2

maror
10-18-2006, 09:50 AM
We get more and more members in here...to help make the forum tidy...i start my own thread where i will post all my futhure work in!

Start with two speedys...

an appletree (make a decision eva...ssssssssssss)

and a speedy called morning

greez

Aged P
10-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi Maror,

I like Morning, it's sort of 21st Centurt Monet.

The buildings seem almost like posts sticking up from the river. Very effective.

Phil

vulturemullet
10-18-2006, 10:12 AM
wow that appletree is fantastic.. also in the clouds above it there almost seems to be a finger.. well it looked that way to me lol.. Morning is great as well, and i like how Phil noticed how it looked like posts sticking up in the river which is another way to look at it.

Selby
10-18-2006, 12:16 PM
wow maror great stuff :D love the colour in morning just fantastic soft and yet vibrant

Selby

D Akey
10-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Way cool. I love your loose stuff. Almost like taking a photo with your mind's eye.

maror
10-19-2006, 06:50 AM
thx you all for your wonderful comments...

@d dakey ...... this is what i try to do...but as you know....it's quite difficult :wink:

greez

friendly
10-19-2006, 12:22 PM
i like morning also that great painting

ENCHANTER
10-20-2006, 05:42 AM
indeed great stuf, pink cloud one is wonderful :D

speggie
10-20-2006, 06:03 AM
all really great maror ....love the morning city views .......you certainly know your buildings and city scapes ......clever stuff mate

waheednasir
10-20-2006, 07:03 AM
hello maror...thats wonderful work...i like both of them...:).

heikki
10-20-2006, 07:25 AM
:)

Fine works Maror.

:)

Weeks
10-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Very good Maror, Very conceptual...

:wink:

Keep...

And Best,

Weeks

maror
10-24-2006, 09:34 AM
well well....

i thank you all for your kind words....

here my work for today!

maror
10-24-2006, 09:35 AM

Selby
10-24-2006, 10:40 AM
wow maror its a buffet of neat images. I half expect to see guards patrolling the walls on the castle.

Selby

maror
10-25-2006, 05:07 AM
@selby

thx, well your quite right there are...but while i painting they get behind the tower:wink:

autumm is coming here....... with his depressions and his leaf dancing people :)

D Akey
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
This is incredible! I love it.

The difference in your works just in this thread is a broad range. To use an analogy I think we can all relate to, this is like a soft brush against the skin as opposed to a massage. Both are good.

florida girl
10-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Maror, You've done Beautifully with this one.... using minimal color to give a Major impact! A Nice foggy morning for a stroll along the countryside.
Love it!

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl 8)

maror
10-25-2006, 09:52 AM
@d akey

thx, and well this range of works... you can see i couldn't find a style...i'm still searching...i always ask me if it's good or bad when we could do many different styles :?

ANd hey... i just search for some works from you...where are they? i like to see some... :wink:

@florida girl

yeah i've just dicover what how the oil thinners work on a white canvas... is very soft and watercoloring....love it!

So the next one is also a style breaker.... a scout leaving the red city from page one!

greez

ENCHANTER
10-25-2006, 10:59 AM
WONDERFUL LANDSCAPES AND WONDERFUL SCIFI STUFF, nice concept painting!...........

Bumble
10-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Wonderful stuff Maror I especially like the Fog :D

Selby
10-25-2006, 12:24 PM
wow fog and scout are so different and both so good. i love the sense of quiet in fog and scout makes me feel that adventure is afoot...i wonder how long ill they realise you nicked a plane from the city :wink:

Selby

D Akey
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM
@d akey

thx, and well this range of works... you can see i couldn't find a style...i'm still searching...i always ask me if it's good or bad when we could do many different styles :?

ANd hey... i just search for some works from you...where are they? i like to see some... :wink:

Thanks for the interest.

I was a hired gun for years in the art business. So like you, I ended up doing a lot of different styles, and yes, it was hard to do vastly different things much of the time.

But that broad visual experience definitely helped me in certain cases, and satisfied my inherent curiosity.

I don't seem to paint much anymore for whatever reason. Maybe my art karma has played itself out. Maybe I'm no longer getting paid. :lol:

My bliss seems to be currently in the verbal arts and going out and having experiences, getting an understanding of how things work, looking for patterns and rendering these notions into words.

As such, my art, good or bad, is all over these forums.

:D :D

And I do pop AR up once in a while and push paint around for the fun of it. I'm looking forward to using some of the new features.

maror
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM
@selby, enchanter, bumble

many thanks

@d akey

thanks for your explanation... "many years in art business"=> there must lay some stuff around...:wink:

but you do a great job in here....even without any artworks!

New stuff....
searching for a landing pad selby :wink:

greez

Selby
10-26-2006, 11:37 AM
geez hope you have plenty off fuel Maror it looks like rush hour :D

Selby

D Akey
10-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Cool Maror.

Those streaks in the sky look like speed marks in a zip pan (I'm sure you've seen them - make a still of a character or space ship or bullet in an action pose and pull through a streaky background to indicate speed.)

The whole hillside looks like it's sliding quickly to its doom.

To counteract that message, you may want to aim your sky stuff more horizontal. bands in the sky normally parallel the horizon line unless you have some kind of cloud shape thing happening. Less hard edged streaky perhaps would not imply the ground is moving.

And if you are simply tilting the shot for drama, then that vertical cliff isn't cooperating.

Anyway, it's good stuff on the whole.

DaveRage
10-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Really enjoyable. I especially like "help for red city"

jacktar51
10-27-2006, 03:17 AM
Maror... Hiya Matey... I'm Back.....These paintings are great.....Wow I've not been off long but I see your paintings are really so good now.....Really
good work ....the redcity one looks like the Giants Causeway at sunset... very artistic.......Very well done I like them ALL..... Jack.

Aged P
10-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Hi Maror,

Just working my way through the Forum to see what I missed.

I love all of these but Fog is special.

Phil

maror
11-01-2006, 10:54 AM
@ d akey

your indeed right with the sky strokes...but i never change a final pic :wink:
next time.. next time...

@Daverage

Thx alot

@Jacktar

Thx, i always try to push up my skills a lil bit...

@aged p

thx

so here another sci fi stuff....found a pad!

and well another waheed imitation... 8)

greez and good night

maror

ENCHANTER
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
ANOTHER WONDERFUL CONCEPT PAINTING! :D

Selby
11-01-2006, 01:02 PM
phew...glad you found a park finally

and i love your tribute vase of flowers very nice.

Selby

maror
11-05-2006, 07:33 AM
thx selby and enchanter

here another one....

D Akey
11-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Oooooh! Neat-o! Love the scale and colors.

:D :D :D

Peter Pinckney
11-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Great collection of images Maror.....Morning is my favourite, a good feel to it.......I can almost smell the river

Best

Peter

jacktar51
11-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Maror....These are,,.. as the others have said..a great collection of Art work....Actually..you have one which has really got me amazed...intrigued..I keep coming back to look at it...and it is called MORNING.........What a remarkable imagination you must have..to come up with scenes like that one...its really out of science fiction....which is another of my favorite subjects.....when I used to read a lot of books....Long time ago that was.... nice ones Maror keep them coming man they are great.....Jack.

Selby
11-05-2006, 12:54 PM
fantastic Maror...this one really has the sense of heat about to happen in the day.

Selby

speggie
11-06-2006, 02:23 AM
consistently nice works maror great lighting in all pieces ......top drawer matey ............. :D

maror
11-07-2006, 09:18 AM
thx friends.... i a bit special for me that so many inhere like MORNING! hmmm

i use artrage now for also for commercial art and for my portfolio to get a good place in some art schools or something.... i like to show some of my architekture concepts!
here number one.... try always to get so much i can get with a few strokes...

greez

Selby
11-07-2006, 09:39 AM
wow good one Maror...this makes me think of an enormous airport or spaceport. I love how the people are just a small part in this big scene so the building has a big prescence

Selby

speggie
11-07-2006, 09:43 AM
great feeling of expanse maror .........first thing i thought of was a space age grand central station ....new york 8) 8)

D Akey
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
You should have no problem getting into a good art school if you have money or credit.

Your work already shows a great understanding of many aspects of picture making. So you're on pretty firm ground in that regard. And you will only be getting better and better.

The people I saw who succeeded were really clear about what they wanted to get good at, and they used their time in school to reach that goal. Much, if not most of one's education comes after you're out of school and on your track. Your jobs often dictate what you become expert at.

My personal observation (and this is merely one person's point of view):

Aim high and prosper.

Aim low and struggle.

Don't aim at all and you would do better building a career in something more likely to give you a stable life, and enjoy painting for pleasure and personal exploration. This choice is perhaps the most practical (not necessarily for you -- I mean in general).

maror
11-07-2006, 10:30 AM
@selby

thx yes it is indeed an airport or something like this....

@speggie

thx.

@d akey

thx for your kind words...they gives alot of hope.
well i often ask me too what a good art school is? maybe in america you can choose from a huge colletion of famous schools.. but here in switzerland it's still very difficult.... for my chase i try to earn some money on my job i've learned (engineer) and do go then to school or do a exchange year somewhere (newzealand would be nice...... :P ) to learn english better...

and yeah a stable live would be great....as a freelancer

:twisted:

greez

AndyRage
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Awesome architecture! And I love how you've shown it in four different lights. Great stuff!

jacktar51
11-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Maror.....It is Difficult sometimes in the world of art..to make a go of things...people with a good ability often fail.....I think you will certainly make it in Arcitectural design....if that is where you want to concentrate....But it will mean achieving not 75 or eighty percent....As MR DAKey so rightly put it... Aim VERY high Go for ninety to ninety five percent....Achieve that and the rewards from it are as high as the standard you achieve...not many make it.. but I believe that with your perception and conception...if you carry that through...then you WILL .succeed....But you must put in a great amount of time and effort....no Quick fixes...time patience and accuracy will see you through...yes..I believe you can succeed Maror..you can do it if the will is there.... I for one think you have the ability......But you must practice it........Jack.

Levent Suberk
11-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Another excellent painting from you, dear Maror.

ENCHANTER
11-07-2006, 11:33 AM
back, key, .....fill light........you know your lighting setup well :) nicely done Maror

maror
11-07-2006, 11:48 AM
@jacktar

yeah i have alot of fun with arcitecture....i will take all your good tips in my mind! Thx!

@levent and enchanter

glad you like

now last for today a shorty (it's a truly artrageaddicted day today :wink: )
love the blendings (use in these one, alot of painterartists do that too...)

greez and good night or good work

maror

Jules
11-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Maror your paintings are wonderful creations, I particularly like the train one, all very atmospheric and well rendered. 8)

Selby
11-07-2006, 12:58 PM
love this train one maror,its very dynamic.. the colours make me think of an excercise we did in college once where we painted a whole page black and then worked back into the paint with bleach to make the picture

Selby

maror
11-09-2006, 10:15 AM
thx selby and jules

a small one....
a little disturbing title maybe :twisted:

greez

D Akey
11-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Nice dimly lit image. I think I can hear music and some loud voices.

Levent Suberk
11-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Dear maror, these are excellent, very good, perfect.......

maror
11-10-2006, 07:13 AM
thx d akey (...edited hmmm :roll: )

thx levent ...

here another concept for a nomand ship...

greez

Fashmir
11-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Maror- As always I love your work. These color studies are such a good investment of time. They reveal much and imply even more. I particularly like the one you did four different ways. Well done.

maror
11-10-2006, 08:01 AM
thx fashmir.... yeah i will try that sometimes more with the different light settings...

here another.... not what it should be but we can't always choose... :wink:

maror
11-10-2006, 09:12 AM
and again.... :P

ENCHANTER
11-10-2006, 09:27 AM
THE DETAIL ON 'R' IS AMAZING!!!

Have you got any of these paintings at a further stage :D

maror
11-10-2006, 10:45 AM
@enchanter thx...glad you like it...but can you explain your last sentense? i not sure of the meaning sry!

and well last for today....

greez

Selby
11-10-2006, 11:09 AM
fantastic Maror lots of great new works for us...fantastic colours and great sturucture to your buildings and ships :D

Selby

D Akey
11-10-2006, 11:22 AM
thx d akey (...edited hmmm :roll: )

I know, huh.

Nothing really, just silly humor about only a guy from Swizerland would think of designing a house of pleasure on a steep hillside. All too easy for the bouncers.

And there was a yodel: "Yodl-only-get-laid-whoooooo (make it up the hill)."

But I had my doubts as to how it was being received in lieu of the pursuant silence.

:lol:

maror
11-12-2006, 03:23 AM
:lol:

so here the the sense of the concept (nom1.jpg) .... a nomand tent ship..

greez

Bumble
11-12-2006, 04:52 AM
Wonderful Stuff Maror I love the last one...I love the colour :D

jacktar51
11-12-2006, 06:34 AM
Very Very Imaginative Maror....That should certainly see you through,with your future plans..........Very good Matey..top marks from me....Jack.

maror
11-13-2006, 04:28 AM
thx bumble and jacktar....

it looks like it's IN here to have a x-mas avatar...here mine large version!

Greez

speggie
11-13-2006, 04:36 AM
hee very seasonal maror great new christmas avatar :D .......also some nice new works from yourself .......nice stuff matey ...... 8)

maror
11-13-2006, 11:57 AM
@speegie... i thx i would make a gif file with flashing lights and some snow flakes tumbling around....but the size was too big

well and here the last concepts done on my birthday = today....

in the hunting image is the first image i use alomst every tooll of artrage...
glitter for plankton...airbrush for glowing effects...thinners for background...roller for frameing...ink pen for countours... and well somewhere the knife....

and a the green one is a speedie...

greez

D Akey
11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
One from the spooks . . . :lol:

speggie
11-13-2006, 01:05 PM
:D happt birthday to you happy birthday to you ...happy birthday gear maror ..........and all that ........hee hee
love the hunting piccie matey.......the lighting again top notch ............... 8)

maror
11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
:D

@d akey
heyyy, thx alot.... the candles are very funny...the looks like they wanna live a little bit longer so i blow them out....pffffffffffffffffffffffffff!

@speggie
thx to you too... well time goes by very quickly i think (madonna isn't right :P )....

greez

D Akey
11-13-2006, 09:54 PM
....pffffffffffffffffffffffffff!

Make a wish! Quick! & Dont Tell until you've had a bite of cake. . .

:wink:

maror
11-14-2006, 08:05 AM
:lol: nice! i've made a wish but the cake was already eaten.... :twisted:

here a simple one for today...
some kind of a hall entry...

greez

vulturemullet
11-14-2006, 08:19 AM
I have to say i really enjoy looking at all your sci-fi creations. I love letting my imagination run free when it comes to that kinda stuff, and it seems you do as well.. But all of these pictures are truly fantastic.

Selby
11-14-2006, 09:08 AM
fantastic Maror having a great time watching your galey grow...always something great and new to see...i love the sence of scale in Hall

Selby

D Akey
11-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Really. I'm lovin' your stuff. You're going in a really fantastic direction.

jacktar51
11-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Maror.....I Agree totally with all the others....I think this last painting is excellent....you seem to have really mastered the use of oils and the pallette knife.in your very own style..much the same way as Waheed ....
although your style is very different...it has an excellence of its own....Jack.

maror
11-15-2006, 09:13 AM
thx selby d akey jacktar

you push my always a little bit up with your comments, thx for your support!

the one beneath is a test with they differnet blending metodhs of ar...

edit: wohaaa this method is very effective...une.jpg is changed in about 3min to unea.jpg quite very good for color studys....

greez

AndyRage
11-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Great stuff, Maror. I love your christmassy 'M'. Very festive.
And as always your sci-fi and architectural works are fantastic.
You have an excellent command of light and shadow.

D Akey
11-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Nice time lapse.

Might be fun for you to do a slide show with dissolves between, like heikki was messing around with.

Levent Suberk
11-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Dear maror, very good ligthing experience with last three, and you have your own style.

Selby
11-15-2006, 12:47 PM
love une Maror,and its different versions, it makes me think of a representation of time passing in a movie :)

Selby

sentinel47
11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Faves so far: The architectural view of curved window room (conference room/ corporate hallway); "haal"; and the Christmas 'M'!

Beautiful work Maror. I'm new here, but I've spent some browsing time in the gallery. Definitely adding your thread to the must-see list!

jacktar51
11-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi Maror....great to see you varying the scene around like that.....It is a very good demonstration of the use of light in a picture... thank you for putting it on...it is always nice to come and see what Maror is doing next....Jack.

speggie
11-16-2006, 06:05 AM
great new piccies maror matey ..............one year older and improving all the time .......hee hee................particularly like the hall entrance one ........great feeling to that one in particular very grand indeed ........... 8)

maror
11-16-2006, 08:47 AM
@all

yeah i always hope to satisfy the community.... :)

@d akey... yeah this would be great i've already done it in powerpoint...

here is another experiment... first i build up the scene simple in 3d (cinema 4d) and render it without any textures...see 3d.jpg

i load it the render as a tracing image and convert it to a paint layer...smooth them and then create some layer above with differnet blending settings...

here is what comes out....

greez

maror
11-16-2006, 09:19 AM
..and other variation....

ENCHANTER
11-16-2006, 09:30 AM
amazing.......concepts yet again, and i see u didnt use all of the 3d render, u varied it afterwards,

sentinel47
11-16-2006, 09:52 AM
I like your process explanation, thanks! I prefer the second variation, industrial oranges and browns, in this set. The light coming through skylight is brilliantly done.

maror
11-16-2006, 10:40 AM
well thx enchanter and sentinel

i don't know with version i prefer for myself....hmmm they just there!

winter is coming and some i like the warm colors of interios...so here is a concept for a pup in the alps...or somewhere else!

edit: and a 15min speedy....inpired by some conceptart.org posts...

greez

Levent Suberk
11-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Dear Maror, again perfect paintings from you, as always.

jacktar51
11-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Maror......I am pleasantly suprised...everytime I come in here there is something new to see,another new concept.....that must take some Imagination......Great work matey...Keep Em coming....Jack.

maror
11-17-2006, 12:24 PM
here it comes for today...ups i mean yesterday...

here a vulcan concept....yeah yeah is inspired by lotr....hope you like it...best view with a dark background and large...
http://maror.skinnalicious.net/uploads/photos/34.jpg

and some malboro stuff...(btw i never smoked)

greez

maror
11-18-2006, 03:33 AM
and another one....there a some free ones...for rent...
(i looks like i have a red phase... :shock: )

greez

ENCHANTER
11-18-2006, 03:51 AM
You know M,

you must have a whole world already planed out in your head! :D

Selby
11-18-2006, 10:10 AM
wow maror lots more fantastic ones..and you capture them so convincingly :) ...im liking your red phase

Selby

D Akey
11-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Been enjoying al of them. I like the idea of creating a perspective in 3D for painting. Saves the day in advance.

I realy like the volcano. Glows and feels really hot.

jacktar51
11-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Hello Maror.....I see your imagination is in full swing...I seem to be doing an orange phase at the moment...so the reddy tinge must be in fashion
Three nice paintings Maror,..I like your site....Jack.

Levent Suberk
11-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Dear Maror, all of these are very good as always, but the last painting, flats is wonderful.

maror
11-28-2006, 06:10 AM
@enchanter.... you're right....not only one:lol:

@selby

thx alot for your kind words!

@enchanter... yeah that's true, even some of the best conceptor do that to get believable works!

@jacktar well is see a huge amount of good works from you these days! great!

well community....i'm a bit busy this times....no pictures and comments until now... but there are some of my latest....

greez maror

maror
11-28-2006, 07:59 AM
.......did you see jack & rose.... hmmm not jacktar btw... :wink:

AndyRage
11-28-2006, 08:37 AM
Stunning stuff, Maror. You definitely have been busy!

maror
11-28-2006, 09:15 AM
@andy

thx...hmmm not busy because of painting...art didn't made me busy!

here some prepareings for christmas.... thx for the wonderful blending tools... it work so nice for glowings and such stuff!

greez maror

AndyRage
11-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Down this part of the globe, preparations for christmas include cleaning the barbeque, checking your beach-gear is in good condition, spring-cleaning the house, and all the things you do leading up to summer.

The blend modes were fun to add to ArtRage. I sort of just snuck them in because I was having to re-write the main compositing code. So rather than have to do it again in the future, I put the blend modes in. Then I had to convince Matt to put the menu options in for them.

Nice scene - I love the way you've contrasted the cold outdoors with the warm and welcoming houses.

sentinel47
11-30-2006, 04:32 AM
maror,

I'm quite taken with your ship! I also can't stop looking at the "prepare" piece. Very skilled use of the dark colors and creating depth. Nicely done.

~sentinel

maror
11-30-2006, 07:50 AM
@thx sentinel

@andy

well i wish i cloud say the same, but it's also nice to been inside a warm house and look how the snowflakes are tumbling...

and about the modes...how longer you wait how harder it get...nice to do it so early!

greez

maror

jacktar51
11-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Maror... your last three paintings are fantastic......The burn one is kinda concept art.....great atmospheric painting.....Jack.

speggie
12-01-2006, 12:42 AM
:D Maror a stunning collection matey .............love em all, in particular the titanic...............super idea and execution ...........your style really coming on in leaps and bounds mate............another favourite the collage piece works really well .............and finally the snowy village reminds me of the final shot from the gremlins movie with all the snowcovered house and lights ........really cool stuff maror ............. 8)

Levent Suberk
12-01-2006, 01:39 AM
Very good as always, dear Maror. :D

Selby
12-01-2006, 09:28 AM
wow Maror..you've been busy painting while I've been away :D lots of lovely ones...this morning im taken most in by burning and the chrissie houses...as Andy said no snow here at this time but i alway love the look of picturesque snowy christmasses and would love to have one one year

Selby

maror
12-24-2006, 04:27 AM
thx for all the nice comments....

hmmm i think my creativity is like a sinus curve....up an down up and down...
i try to make a christmas card but i never did one.... :?

and well i create a peugeot concept car these days for the contest.... but yet i didn' made it into the the preselection (http://www.peugeot-concours-design.com/)

so i can post my stuff right now here...ar for concepts and cionema 4d for the 3d part!

the other works are some lame stuff...just for filling up :wink:

greez

maror
12-24-2006, 04:29 AM
.....some more

jacktar51
12-24-2006, 05:26 AM
I am always amazed by your concept stuff Maror....very nicely done...Jack.

drakeblake
12-24-2006, 06:13 AM
You own a very impressive technical skill Maror.
You seems to be deeply into architectural design and design generally.
I loved your wide perspective populated with people walking around... it gives the sensation of huge spaces and confer intensity and depth to the scene.
Really well done! :wink:

DB

OldLink
12-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Great paintings Maror!

Selby
12-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Fantastic concept work Maror...and it impresses me even more that you can get it so convincing with paint...most people use vector programs and their concepts dont look half as real as yours :D

Selby

ENCHANTER
12-25-2006, 01:53 AM
stunnning cars!

maror
12-25-2006, 10:58 AM
thx jack.... hope i can show you much more in the future!

@drakeblake

well that's nice to hear... and yes you're right i expect to get deeper into these businesses!

@oldlink, selby and enchanter

glad you like them!

so here another test for today!

seascape image rendered in terragen 2 beta and then glitter & knife in artrage

greez

Verticae
12-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Very interesting way to use a TG2 render, but most certainly with a spectacular outcome. I love the impressionist feel to it.

maror
12-26-2006, 05:06 AM
@Verticae

thx...i love terragen (but the new version is quite difficult with this node trees)

a enchantend village in a even more enchantend valley... no refrees
tools: paint roller!
resolution: 2200x3000

here a big version on my webpage:http://maror.skinnalicious.net/uploads/photos/35.jpg

greez

Verticae
12-26-2006, 05:30 AM
Terragen is one of my pets, as well. The TG2 interface should improve over time though.

And that view is absolutely splendid. Van Gogh would approve.

maror
12-26-2006, 07:24 AM
@verticae
thx...

about tg: the new version you can much more modifiy....and i think the interface is not bad now....just more for pros

here two other speedys...

greez

D Akey
12-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Maror! Good to see you back.

Wondered what happened to you.

So many nice pics and in so many directions. I love the concept cars. And all the others as well. Nice environmental things like the buildings in the jungle.

What's cool about that is that when there are so many trees with such futuristic buildings, it really makes me curious about the civilization. It feels like they have achieved a balance, unlike in landscapes that feel like war and conflict has been the driving force.

If it were an illustration for a story I would certainly read it to find out what the story would be about -- perhaps over-perfection, like in Brave New World or something like that.

Would be a little more interesting to me because conflict resolution would probably be more inventive than the usual, which is managed by lasers and the same kind of force we see all the time.

But that's an isolated comment. I love your wide range as an artist.

maror
12-28-2006, 02:41 AM
@D akey

Thankyou!

I know what you mean... do you know Dinotopia (James Gurney (http://www.jamesgurney.com/))
i've only read one of the insane illustrated books but i was just addicted by his skills of creating a virtual world with a huge amount of details! I think these story get in the direction you wish! Also i know a German book called "Die Menschen im Meer" wich were illustrated by Jörg Müller and has also a story wich based on the main problems of humankind and the balance between working and living... great story!

Greez

maror
12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Last outpost....

greez

D Akey
12-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Ever see that old Twilight Zone episode with Jean Marsh from the original series? It was about a convict sentenced to serve his time in a place like this. It was in Black&White, but you really captured 'desolation'.

I won't tell the story in case you can see it someday when you're up at three in the morning and they're playing it as filler. It was a really good one.

Yes, I have heard of Dinotopia. I have to read it sometime. The illustrations were pretty cool. He sure tapped into the dinosaur craze. I looked up People under the Sea and most all was in German. I found no pics though, because I didn't have time to look very long. But I intend to pursue it.

I think you're well on your way to creating a world of your own design. Just get a good idea and run with it.

OldLink
12-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Very nice painting Maror.

waheednasir
12-29-2006, 07:31 AM
this is a wonderful thread to follow...i really enjoyed the tour...good job maror..really...:).

Selby
12-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Ahh<happy sigh> lovely maror...all good additions ..but i love the vally one best of all...takes me on an imagination adventure :D

Selby

ENCHANTER
12-31-2006, 11:34 AM
i like the contrast between the broken down house with iron , and the shiny smooth water tower! :)

jacktar51
12-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Maror....I hadnt seen these last two, dont know why....you have most certainly got an inventive streak...should come in handy a bit of innovation....good stuff....Jack.

maror
01-02-2007, 10:54 AM
thank you all.....

so a new year is here...a new folder is created...it's time too fill :lol:

First work in 07 is a big city...i think some standart stuff with elements i often use....

big view (http://maror.skinnalicious.net/uploads/photos/36.jpg)

greez

jacktar51
01-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Hello Maror....This is a fantastic picture,love the sky,and the christmas tree flats(Built by jerry the builder,whilst drinking whisky from a bucket)..
very futuristic and out of this world looking,,, good one Maror... and a happy new year to you.... Jack.

maror
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
@jacktar.... again good wishes for the new year!

Hehe i heard that christmastree thing also befor i post it! But your rigth it looks indeed like a little forest!

So last for today...

From a quick handsketch...scanned and then redrawn in artrage!

Greez

jacktar51
01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Maror... this last one ...futuristic,elegant.....somewhere the richest man on earth could have built...reminds me a little of that hotel in saudi arabia,that was recently on the TV.....Cannot remember the name of it though... that is also way out,futuristic,and EXTREMELY expensive...lovely...Jack.

D Akey
01-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Very cool!

I like the translation from sketch to painting!

To make it look more finished, you may want to, in the new year, resolve to do foregrounds on a different layer, like an overlay, rather than cutting back into it. That technique works better with paints, where viscosity changes.

But I'm suggesting learning quick ways to indicate all the 'etcetera' stuff, which would be supports to your main object.

But even then you would do well to consider learning to do trees and mountains as well as you do your accomplished mechanical stuff.

Would make it look more finished and allow you to not end up tossing a big chunk of your image away.

For this kind of painting style, you probably want everything to have a masterful, un-fussed over, deliberate look.

Potential clients would see it in your portfolio. And depending on their visual savvy, they would either consciously or unconsciously respond to lesser skilled bits as well as to the really good bits.

Selby
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
mmn good stuff Maror....love how you get all the fiddly bits in in such a relaxed way<sigh> very impressive :)

Selby

maror
01-03-2007, 12:47 AM
@jacktar 51

thx...yeah i like that Dubai "Burj Al Arab" ******* Hotel alot! And i would be always somewhere in the back of my mind when i create some architekture!
I hear a night there costs 7000$ :shock:

@D Akey

Thx for this good comment... in fact i had serious problems in the beginnig how to color that rough sketch (try to multiply) and then it was 2a.m in the morning and i just wanna finish it (always a bad idea :? )

I will rework it now with your tips beside...

@selby

thanks alot...

greez

maror
01-03-2007, 02:59 AM
so here the reworked one...i was alot of work...hope i do this better next time :P

greez

Bumble
01-03-2007, 04:48 AM
Love the Hotel Maror :D

D Akey
01-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Nice.

The illustrator in me would say that some foreground elements would also be nice, to give it depth, They don't have to be in your face, just something.

I don't think you would want to necessarily work over this one any more. It looks good. (Though you could if you wanted to play around and experiment with compositional elements on another layer. I would come back to do that after some cooling down time to come with a fresh eye.)

I'm loving this thread!

DaveRage
01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I -really- like last outpost with the contrast between the dilapidated looking building and the shiny reflective tower. Your designs for structures are great.

Levent Suberk
01-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Very beautiful colours and brushwork.

maror
01-08-2007, 06:55 AM
@Bumble Thx, love your works also....

@D Akey

Thx, yeah your right a branch element or something would be nice.....but i see it finised now... :lol:

@Daverage

That's nice to hear!

@Levent

Not as good as your....always like to see new stuff from you!

So here a new concept (silly sonday painting :lol: )... and i has done the fault from the previous painting again....sry d akey...

here it is....maybe the easterisland :wink:

greez

jacktar51
01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh yes!!...Easter Island...cooo look what we have here , an outpost... people living in protective cocoons....or are these fron the film cocoon....
or a new film return of the cocoons.... interesting painting Maror, it shows there is lots going on upstairs.... Jack.

Fashmir
01-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Maror- Props to your imagination and artistry. I love this stuff. Keep posting these. I know I don't post often these days but I do look in, and I always admire you art.

maror
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
thx jacktar

@fashmir

thanks too.... well i know you look around, but i miss your stuff :roll:

i just realised that the man in the front is HUUUGGEE... i should scale him down... maybe tomorrow!

Greez

Selby
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
great one maror...a fantastic advertisement for living in a easteregg house near a beautiful turquoise sea :D

Selby

StarrShaw
01-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Love this speed painting! Your really increasing your skill this way! Your gonna have a killer collection of work! :D

maror
01-13-2007, 07:48 AM
thx all

so here something i've done today....

don't know why i draw this....

hope you like it!

greez

ENCHANTER
01-13-2007, 08:33 AM
EASTER EGG AND CAT WA;K ARE VERY COOL,

GOOD UN!

Selby
01-13-2007, 10:31 AM
clould i like.....but catwalk is just stunning...love it love it :D :D ...very dynamic way to capture a fashion piece

Selby

jacktar51
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
I agree with Selby... Catwalk is a great picture,you have that lady stepping out,like they do...very good one Maror,,A little different from other stuff you do....Jack.

D Akey
01-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Yeow!

This stuff is really fine work Maror!

I love the beach thing and Catwalk. Nothing like a long long train to say elegance. And a red dress says the Stage!

What I really like about that one is how you have crossed over the usual boundaries and introduced the background color into the figure in a strokey way. Has a real painterly quality. That's so cool I can't tell you.

Every one of my thumbs us -- all. . . uh. . . one, two. . .u uh. . .five six. . . all eight of 'em. Where I come from we need to show great enthusiasm and have the extras cosmetically grafted on. Some people get their teeth capped to show approval with dazzling smiles. Some go by the rule of thumb.

Very nice work.

So when are you applying to art school? You seem like you won't need one after too long with your independent study.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

maror
01-14-2007, 02:39 AM
@selby

thanks your comment...

@jacktar51

yes indeed, i should really do more humans....

@d akey

i'm gald you love it....

so in fact of the good comments i show here a BIGGER VERSION OF CATWALK (http://maror.skinnalicious.net/uploads/photos/37.jpg)on my site!

i hope i can soon post some more stuff....

maybe someone have an idea for me what i can draw next(not that my creativity is gone, but in fact there alot of great ideas around the world :P ).

Edit: The one below is a WIP....

Greez

Lee
01-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Dear maror, thanks for the beautiful artwork, like a magazine, especially liked 'train' and 'landingpad', reminds me of the great steel mills that are gone ,,,,,,,,,,

Selby
01-14-2007, 10:08 AM
nice WIP maror...love the big umbrella like shadecloths sprouting out the water...it seems a place to hang out and enjoy onesself

Selby

D Akey
01-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Nice one. Feels like the civilization is sensible and stylish. Perhaps it's outside the theater in Catwalk.

Levent Suberk
01-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Very good one as always, dear Maror, especially composition.

maror
01-15-2007, 02:34 AM
@Lee

i love this old industry giants alot too.... this are just magical places for me!

@Selby & D Akey

I'm proud to hear that... hang out enjoy oneself...sensible and stylish...it something i wanna reach with this kind of picture...

@Levent
thx...

i've done this morning around 3am....about 20 min

Greez

jacktar51
01-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Maror....You have used light to great advantage in this picture, It does tie in with scenes of the near future,or perhaps some brand new concept of today,in some new city...your pictures are a delight,I always look forward to seeing what next you will do....Excellent painting.....Jack.

D Akey
01-15-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm liking having people in the scenes. It really adds a dimension of realism to what you're imagining through your paintings.

Definitely something to get good at indicating, and you'll have every viewer just where you want them.

What you want to emphasize in the paintings will determine the nature of how you handle the painting of them.

Selby
01-15-2007, 02:10 PM
mmn great one....love how you just indicated the people rather than doing them in great detail as it lets us imagine ourselfs in the scene....very inviting

Selby

Mary
01-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Terrific color palette in Apples. Very striking.

maror
01-17-2007, 07:46 AM
@jacktar51

i love light... and i try as much as i can to capture it as real as i can! would be nice to have some more interesting arcitecture places in the neighbourhood!

@d akey

yeah people are just the simplest size indicator i can think of! but i get always tired when i should work them out
:roll:

@selby

okay hmmm, when it goes that way....see answer above...i like it! thx foryour very constant posting, selby!

@Mary

You mean the first one:?: well thx.... (i just realised that i forgotten some pieces i had uploaded)

what comes yet is some the creation after visiting the macworld contenst from andy....don't know how i get the idea to make such a picture....

edit: here a test with crayons...alomst never used befor...great effect when you set the angle on 100%....

greez

Selby
01-17-2007, 10:19 AM
ooh i like the crayon test...looks like a slinky jazz club

and mountains makes me think of the musical " Sound of Music"...i expect to see maria runing over the hill any minute now

always good stuff from you Maror :D

Selby

Levent Suberk
01-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Dear Maror, crayontest is excellent, perfect piece of art, others are also perfect. 8)

maror
01-19-2007, 06:30 AM
thx you two....

here a speedy befor dinner....no refrees (like always :lol: )
try to capture a dynamic enviroment...

greez

maror
01-19-2007, 11:36 AM

maror
01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
...something wrong with the froum there ?!

here some new...oh times running....

greez

YaserAhmad
01-19-2007, 12:21 PM
nice stuff maror. good job

Mary
01-19-2007, 01:19 PM
All your stuff is good....but, among your recent posts, Speedway stands out for me. I think you captured the feeling of speed very well. Plus I'm always attracted to the red-yellow-blue combo. :)

maror
01-21-2007, 05:46 AM
@yaserahmad & mary

thx, i love this combo also...red blue yellow...

i try always to do something different between my "default" work... and i think this is it a bit...

greez

jacktar51
01-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Dear Maror.... You dont have a Playstation...With Gran Turismo on it do you????? It looks like A shot out of that .....the front car looks like the Nissan SKYLINE.......Very like it.... nice pictures as always, recon I like the cars best... thanks for showing us your art ...Jack.

Aged P
01-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Hi Maror,

You really got the Speedway impression right!
Excellent feeling of movement.

I love all your industrial stuff too. The shadow on the nearest big tank in Oil is particularly good, It gives a good background for the red light and makes you think there are other high tanks over on the left. out of view.

Phil

Selby
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
hehe the couch with all its mood lighting makes me think could be in Barry Whites love den :wink: :D

love the zoominess of speedway..as everyone said you caught the essences of it well

Selby

Levent Suberk
01-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Very good paintings, dear Maror.

maror
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM
@jacktar51 .... no i don't have a playstation (in fact i have also no television :shock: :lol: )...but i've played some other pc racing games..and well i get my impressions!

@levent selby and aged p

thx....bluring seems to be the easiest way for creating speed ....

here some last speedys (all 3 village pics done in 20 min...as we can see:P) ...refeul need some more time about 45min....

maror
01-23-2007, 10:52 AM
.... a bigger version of refeul

Aged P
01-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Maror,

Thats a nice idea of doing the same scene at different times of the day.
I may try that.

No TV! :o
Do you know what you are missing? :roll:
Almost nothing!! :lol:

Phil

Selby
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
as Aged P said a great idea to do village in different lights..love refule..very futuristic feeling you captured but yet made it seem so real..great works :D

Selby

maror
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
@jacktar51

i hope i can do ones a animation if i get time and passion...

No tv is not quite right at the moment...i've got a application for the inet to watch some cannels... and i almost never watch...so i agree with you! it seems the programm is only for create a global stupidity...... :? wich works quite well :evil:

@selby

thx

here some other ones for today... modern art (or something else) and a twister....(i couln't get "the day after tomorrow" scenes out of my head...)

greez and have a good time

maror

Selby
01-24-2007, 11:52 AM
twister is great -i dont know how you do it Maror...you seem to do just enough to grab my minds eye but still let my imagination run free

the modern one makes me think of expensive fabric :)

Selby

maror
01-28-2007, 04:52 AM
thx selby....

well detailing out is something i can't do...and i always must do exactly on my work => technical plans :?

so i love to invite the viewer to think around the corner and imagine something else...

here my last work for today:

Greez

D Akey
01-28-2007, 07:00 AM
I was surprised seeing the Capitol Records building getting destroyed here this morning in your thread. Good indications of action.

Needless to say it's very theatrical. Good job!

Selby
01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
woohoo fantastic castle Maror..love the moat, love the flowers, love everything, love it :D

Selby

Lee
01-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Yep, Selby , i agree, 'berg' is very romantic looking,,,

Lee
01-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Yep, Selby , i agree, 'burg' is very romantic looking,,,

Ulmo
01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Excellent collection of work, Maror. Thanks for sharing! :D
-Ulmo

maror
01-30-2007, 10:17 AM
@d akey & selby & lee & Ulmo

thx alot...

Today i present... exodus! bigger version uploaded now......

greez

jacktar51
01-30-2007, 11:12 AM
Dear Maror...You did a great job on the castle painting...the stone ,the moat the flowers..... the perspective is good too, and the colouring as well so you have to get top marks for this one
and Exodus is BIG scale.......has good effect....good work.... Jack.

ENCHANTER
01-30-2007, 11:33 AM
wow....I think this is brill

soulspline
01-30-2007, 04:14 PM
very great art! superb!

gamedeveloper
01-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Some nice stuff here!

Favorites are (in no particular order):

- dapandscrap_150.jpg
- modern_111.jpg
- speedway_speedpaint_853.jpg (overall great image)
- outpost_542.jpg (nice detail)
- rmstitanic_200.jpg (nice atmosphere)
- unea_168.jpg (beautiful)

Selby
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
great job Maror...love the magnitude of exodus.....and great light too :D

Selby

waheednasir
01-31-2007, 07:09 AM
all are good, but i really like this last one..:).

D Akey
01-31-2007, 09:27 AM
I thought I responded to this one. Oh well.

Really dramatic again. Could you imagine trying to move so many people of varying physical conditions though the harsh desert? Wow.

I like the idea of moving from darkness into light though a huge huge passage through the mountain. Epic scale and symbolic.

maror
01-31-2007, 10:50 AM
thx for take a a look and gimme this nice feedback.... :lol:

Here some different sketch stuff....

Greez from a small country

maror

Bumble
01-31-2007, 11:18 AM
All are absolutely amazing :D My favourite is the castle..... :D

Ulmo
01-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Maror,
That's awesome! The feeling of light is perfect. The glow of the computer and kitchen light is well done. It reminds me of scratchboard art. Is this your place?
Good job. :D
-Ulmo

Fashmir
01-31-2007, 12:34 PM
That last is great. The white on black treatment is working so well to describe lighting.

maror
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
@bumble....

thx, i know you love flower...that's why you like castle right?

@ulmo

nice to hear...but my place? :shock: no,never...or could you work in a place like that? a huge empty room behind your back.... not really a good feeling! in fact there are such less thing because of my patience...my place is full of silly things :lol: And if i can now create a place for my own i would often use round shapes much light and warm colors and good contrasts!

@fashmir

glad to have you back in here.... and thx for the comment!

Here my works for today...

first a try of a concept wich dosen't fully satisfies my, i've choosen the wrong view and the composition is not very nice...maybe i post the some other variations later...

second...

i going to agypt in about five weeks and i just wanna paint this pyramids from my mind.... so that's the my personal view of them....

greez

maror

D Akey
02-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Tri-tri angles.

Let my geo-met-ree go!

This was the exodus people looking back. . .

vil
02-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Maror your black and white "sketchtime" is great. Makes me think of your countryman Giacometti. We did an exercise about figure in space and had to put the model and studio background in the style of the sculptor/painter. All those angles, perspective and light!

maror
02-04-2007, 07:45 AM
thx you two

indeed giacometti is great .... love his style too!

so here some concept work....just for fun and portfolio...

greez

Selby
02-04-2007, 10:30 AM
neat concept work Maror-love how you did the chrome work..very convincing :)

Selby

jacktar51
02-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Maror......The darkroom has been overun by web spinning aliens.....really this is very different,and my little bit of humour does not detract from this being an excellent piece of artwork... Also... your Concept paint for your portfolio should do you well in your ambition..so well done on both of those matey...keep it up no slacking off good ones only....Jack.

speggie
02-05-2007, 12:54 PM
holy smokes matey been offline for ages only to return to a great maror gallery ............all great piccies ........twister and exodus are awsome...........in fact they all rock ........love also the speedway piccie .....a really fine body of work

maror
02-06-2007, 06:36 AM
@selby

thx i love always to paint chrome....

@jack

i will i will.... thx jack( i wish i could give more powerful replys here, but i have not enough word yet in my brain-libary :evil: )

@speggie

glad to see you and your good work back inhere... thanks alot

so my second NOT ar pic inhere... i've modelled and textured my concept (wip status yet) in Cinema 4d...hope you like some 3d stuff as well!

greez

maror

maror
02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
hi all....

i just have some great fun wirth the grain capabilitys of artrage.... wonderful
this "special" pic is fully done in artrage!

Hope you like the special guest inhere:

Greez and have a good time

Selby
02-09-2007, 01:27 PM
wow :shock: :D what a striking one Maror...fabulous colours...a great creative adventure :)

Selby

pai
02-09-2007, 01:47 PM
hi maror,

it's really nice effect and colorful. Especially the composition of all the things.

D Akey
02-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Wow. Lots of range, Maror.

Is that you in the collage one?

What a clever use of grain!

I really like the spaceships with the hoop. Very innovative design. Harkens back to very early airplane experiments.

In your case, they say volume enough, yet spindly quickness and a needle like streamline quality -- as if they're built to go in and out of atmospheres.

Very engaging visuals.

ENCHANTER
02-09-2007, 02:06 PM
love ur concepts of the future plane copters.

and the collage is great, nicely done

jacktar51
02-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Maror..... You get BIG points for those fan driven Ferrari's...nice futuristic heliplanes...good concept work. and very nicely presented...GOOD stuff......Jack.

maror
02-11-2007, 03:37 AM
oh so much comments....thx for that...

@d akey

yes the most pictures are from me and some of my friends and the great church door is from a prague photo....you can view the full pic in the behind the brush thread, it's the same!

i can't tell how much fun it is...i've done some backgrounds for a musicprogramm with artrage and these grain feature is simply amazing...

artrage is the most amazing applicaton i've ever had until yet (in fact i just finished the demo download of painter x.... brrr that gui is so overloaded and creepy)

greez

florida girl
02-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Hi Maror....

Wonderful idea & painting for a music room!
Wish I could play like that!
Roll over Beethoven, Those notes are Smokin'!

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl 8)

D Akey
02-11-2007, 07:46 AM
As simple as this concept is, this is perhaps one of my all time favorites. You really pulled it off perfectly.

The notation over the flame is colored perfectly. And the transition of the flame is brilliant.

I feel like some composer before electric lights who has just gotten an major (or minor, depending on the key) inspiration late at night.

maror
02-13-2007, 10:57 AM
thx florida girl

i wish i could too...

thx d akey...

well what should i say: thx for that but infact there is no great work inthere (maybe this is it :lol: :x ) ... but you should try this technique is alot of fun!

here some speedy right away:

maror
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM

greez maror

maror
02-15-2007, 08:11 AM
and another landscape for valentine :lol: ...

greez

Selby
02-15-2007, 09:28 AM
mmn lots more lovely ones Maror...love watching the light change in the mountain ones and autumn is really sweet....im sure you must really enjoy doing these as they have a freeness and happiness that comes through

Selby

D Akey
02-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Nice thumbnails.

I always love looking at your stuff.

Love the avatar too!

maror
02-15-2007, 12:04 PM
@selby

you're right.. i love to do them... speedpainting is some kind of relaxing for me...like holidays!

@d akey

about my avatar....well not very proud of it this was just the first idea... :P

so here is the last image for today which shows my efforts to do some feng zhu art.... he has made some tutorials and i work through one of them...here's the final or wip (maybe final...don't know if i should go further with it...)

the only thing artrage is really bad is that no straight lines supported wich would be great for concepts....btw i know it was discussed alot....maybe maybe... :twisted:

ps: i try painter this time and i can't get friendly with it... great functions and tools but all so overloaded and heavy in handeling....painter get off the track when artrage supports configurable brushes...

greez to all addicts....

maror

jvolkel
02-15-2007, 06:55 PM
That's some nice work Maror. I too have been looking for straight line function in AR and have tried (somewhat successfully) holding a ruler on my tablet and using the edge as a guide for the stylus. Might need a few ctrl z's to get it right, but it works. i'm sure other shapes wold work just as well.

maror
02-16-2007, 11:41 AM
@jvolkel

thx alot... well i try your tip but is not very satisfining....maybe i do some handdrawing next time....

here nother for today...simple landscapes are just great i think....

greez

waheednasir
02-17-2007, 06:18 AM
fine work maror, all are wonderful. i really like the one done n a sketchy way, with lines, named "Sketchtime"...:).

maror
02-26-2007, 10:32 AM
so after a long time (i've done many works wich i can't show inhere :( ) but here some new with the great fashmir grain....thx again

oh and thx waheed, i'm a bit surprised about the what people like...is so different!

greez

maror

ENCHANTER
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
excellent paintings!!! :D

Selby
02-26-2007, 11:05 AM
like burg ..the water is tremendous, and sea is really good too but in a very different style than im used to from you :)

Selby

maror
02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
@enchanter

nice to hear...hope you do also more concepts (i saw some really good stuff around).

@selby

yeah i truly discover always some new style wich i can't recreate :?
here another....

hope you love this concept wich turned out in a romantic card....

edit: best viewed with a black background as the most of my images....

greez

D Akey
02-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Wonderful. I like the burg sketch for getting it all down faithfully (or so it appears) and the lovers over the city for the atmosphere.

You continue to amaze me.

Selby
02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
the love card has great ambience :D

Selby

Aged P
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi Maror,

I just caught up with stuff from page 12 to here.

You just get better and better! I love the tremendous depth and perspective you get in your pictures.
Also, all of your machinery from factories ro spacecraft looks as if it would work.

Best wishes

Phil

Bumble
02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
All excellent additions Maror....I love sea and the lovecard. Wonderful :D :D :D :D

jacktar51
02-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Maror.......A Bit unusual for you having a go at the sea picture... well done you though... I do like the Love Card Picture, I like the picture itself and the couple on the seat... but one thing bugs me a bit... thats the cherry blossoms, they kind of stand out toooooo much,and look a bit odd,It Might be because there is to much contrast or because of the colour,
Tizz Still a great picture though..You sure got some good distance in there, and the city looks warm in the light you have used......Well done mate.....Jack.

ENCHANTER
02-28-2007, 07:24 AM
lvoecard is excellent!!!

I like the layers and the composition.and lighting...

Fashmir
02-28-2007, 07:39 AM
maror- These look like a departure in style for you. It's fun to explore the tools and get different looks, yes? I like the burg sketch, it looks like felt pen. It is fun to see people using the canvas I have enjoyed. Your sea shore picture looks very natural and relaxed. Keep posting. I Know the frustration of not being able to share work which is blocked by NDA and intellectual property contracts. If we could share the entire body of work we've done in ArtRage I think the Ambient guys would have to bump the image load limit up another notch. :wink:

maror
03-01-2007, 05:42 AM
@d akey, selby,bumble and enchanter

thank you!!!

@Aged P

looks as if it would work...cool, then i do it right! thx phil.

@jacktar51

you'r indeed right with what you say, i hate doing leaves and this picture shows it again! thanks for this sugestion...maybe i redo it sometimes (=> often this means never :oops: ).

@Fashmir

Oh yeah, it is fun. Can't stop playing around!
yes, i have always a bit of fear when i share some design or personal ideas... but thats the way the community need! i could posten more of course but some pieces are just for me and my portfolio....

Greez maror

maror
03-01-2007, 09:56 AM
sppppppeeeeedddyyyy alarm!

all done this evening in a 2h session....

hope you like it....

greez

ENCHANTER
03-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I agree with Fashmir..there is something different (in a good way) about your latest pieces :) keep i t up

Lee
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Dear Maror,,, all three speeds are very nice, the green meadow i like the best, but i like the way you use the AR tools, especially the clouds in the canyon, betcha there is no other tool in the world that can make a sky like that !!!ps,like the 'envelope' sized canvas too,,,,i can see the whole page!

Selby
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
wow its amazing Maror you can get all these done in 2 hours and they are all so good too :) b is my favourite...a nice place to retreat to

Selby

pai
03-03-2007, 10:53 PM
WOW !!! speechless. Good drawing skills.

jacktar51
03-04-2007, 04:02 AM
I think you have got it with light, and the use of light.... noticed in all your paintings...tizz a most important thing in painting..... very good Maror, keep going....Jack.

B-D-B
03-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Maror I LOVE speed_b

probably one of my favorite paintings on this forum! if you can get that type of quality and make it that unique in every speed painting, I want to see more quickies! :D

maror
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
well thx alot you all

@B-D-B

yeah i hope to get this style some times more...here another experiment with these configuration (not really a speedy..about 1h)

greez

B-D-B
03-06-2007, 03:10 PM
WOW you got the sunlight PERFECTLY! And I love the splash of water on the rightmost waterfall. good job!

Selby
03-06-2007, 07:26 PM
ahh paradise really is..love the mist you have coming off the falls :)

Selby

D Akey
03-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Nice work Maror.

maror
03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
@B-D-B and selby and enchanter

i always love to get comments from you!

so here a concpet i did today in about 2h.....
i'm getting a cool new function to do clouds! new layer in HARD LIGHT MODE and then filled with white, then you form the clouds with some darker airbrush strokes...works amazing i think!

greez maror