PDA

View Full Version : Vector rework in ArtRage3

Aunt_Betsy
01-03-2010, 08:41 AM
This is a rework of one of my older vector bow graphics. I exported it from my draw program as a png and then imported it into ArtRage3. I then made the layer as a stencil so I wouldn't have to worry about the outline edges. I used most the airbrush, ink pen, and palette knife. I did it all on one layer. I then made several color variations with AR3. I use to have to do the recoloring in another program. I can now do all of it inside ArtRage 3 Studio Pro. I have done this reworking in other programs, but ArtRage gives the best feel and is ease of use.:)

The first image is of the vector graphic I started with and the finished red bow.

L Skylar Brown
01-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Nice transition. Very good tip on the image as stencil.

Valerie
01-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Wow Aunt Betsy these are great. I do like the Blue one ,it's my favorite color

Aunt_Betsy
01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks so much L Skylar Brown and Valerie! The stencils are a great way to work with vector images with ArtRage.

Eileen724
01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Nicely done, Aunt Betsy! Love to see that AR3 works so well for you, too. You seem to be mastering it quite well!

Evart
01-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Nice. I can see a lady's hair pulled back, with one of these bows on it. Hmm, something to create :D I like it :)

Alexandra
01-03-2010, 11:06 AM
These are great Aunt Betsy, I could imagine how beautiful a rose would be by your hands!:)

pai
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
hello aunt betsy, welcome back. it's great to see your new festive arts again and even better in AR3. I think these ribbons must be fun to use on the sticker spray. :)

Aunt_Betsy
01-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Thank you so much Eileen, Evart, Alexandra, and Pai!

Pai it's nice to see that you are still around. I've been spending much of my computer time over on Zazzle. I drop by here from time to time, but haven't posted until recently. I'm really excited about the more advanced features in ArtRage Studio Pro. It is much easier to make complete files ready for uploading to Zazzle. I have lots of graphic programs, but I find the ArtRage user interface far more intuitive to work with than my other painting programs.

byroncallas
01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
These are cool - well done - a smart use of the AR3 tools.

And your write-up is like a great ad for AR3. Made me chuckle - I almost thought, "hey, Aunt Betsy is a plant by the boys in NZ." :):)

Aunt_Betsy
01-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks Byron!

No, I'm not a plant from the Rage brothers. :p :D I'm just someone who appreciates well thought out tools that have the features you need yet not too complicated to use. I have grown frustrated with Corel Painter that has so many tools, but they are such a mess to try and use. I have two main programs that I use to create my digital art work, CorelDraw Suit X3 and ArtRage. I'm on my third version CorelDraw and have taken well over a decade learning how to use it effectively. You can be up and running with ArtRage in minutes if you just want to paint.

ArtRage 2.5 is easy enough that I let my great nieces ages 8 and 4 play with it and not have to make long explanations on how to use it.

screenpainter
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Hello Aunt Betsy. Your bows are exquisite. It was really great to see them transformed from more simple graphic into an amazing more 3D look in artrage. They turned out beautifully. Can't wait to see more of these creations. What a great sticker that bow would make. We really need you to design some stickers for us. Gorgeous work.

foxytocin
01-06-2010, 01:54 AM
I can just hear my 5-yr-old when she sees these.....she's going to love them.....

Aunt_Betsy
01-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank you so much gzairborne and foxytocin!

I haven't made any stickers yet, right now I'm working on design elements for my Zazzle store. I'll have to give stickers a try later on.