PDA

View Full Version : Best of Friends

zooreka
01-02-2010, 12:12 PM
My Baby and her Best Friend...

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/8/0/5/2/best_of_friends_web.jpg

Love the new knives and some of the improved options. Again I used the Graphic pen and watercolour brushes a bit but mostly paint tube, Glitter and knife technique I have become accustomed to. Detail work is mostly done with wet and soft knife blenders watercolour brush and graphic pen.

The one thing that is still missing though is a standard dodge and burn tool. I have had to improvise and feel I lost a bit of the balance of the image in terms of lighting which I normally do with said tools in PS or Painter... I may go into Photoshop with this at some point and try and adjust... but for the time being I leave as is...

Eileen724
01-02-2010, 01:28 PM
This is just wonderful, zooreka! Your baby is simply adorable and you've done an excellent job on capturing her beauty and charm. I love your work!

Alexandra
01-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi Zoo, Beautiful baby there!
A note-I found that you can use these effects with most of the tools. Click to the side of the tools settings. It should offer something similar I believe-on the AR3.

Valerie
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
zooreka this is wonderful and your baby is so cute.

zooreka
01-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Hi Zoo, Beautiful baby there!
A note-I found that you can use these effects with most of the tools. Click to the side of the tools settings. It should offer something similar I believe-on the AR3.

Hi Alexandra... Not sure I follow.. What I am henerally doing is using white ot black at low opaity and using suitable blend modes... which is a lot of messing around... but I cannot find a dodge or burn tool specific to the task anywhere...

Thanks for the comment though.... :)

zooreka
01-02-2010, 04:04 PM
zooreka this is wonderful and your baby is so cute.
Thanks Valerie.. I feel it needs more work, as mentioned.. I like it as is, but I think I prefer the painter potrtrait I did of her a few weeks ago... different image though... plust I have the more familiar tools to hand such as the dodge and burn when needed...

zooreka
01-02-2010, 04:04 PM
This is just wonderful, zooreka! Your baby is simply adorable and you've done an excellent job on capturing her beauty and charm. I love your work!

Thank You Eileen....

hanzz
01-02-2010, 05:54 PM
The one thing that is still missing though is a standard dodge and burn tool

in the settings panel, those blend modes are provided for : airbrush,inkpen ,and gloop pen, so there must be some things you could do with those, no ?;)

Great and stunning Work of Art ! Congrats, I look forward to seeing more from you !

Docsmith626
01-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Zooreka, far be it from me to say what can or can't be done in Artrage 3. I am months, or more likely, years from mastering its many possibilities. But it does fully support the .psd format, allowing you to move easily between Artrage, Painter, and Photoshop. I did it frequently with Artrage 2.5.

zooreka
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Zooreka, far be it from me to say what can or can't be done in Artrage 3. I am months, or more likely, years from mastering its many possibilities. But it does fully support the .psd format, allowing you to move easily between Artrage, Painter, and Photoshop. I did it frequently with Artrage 2.5.

Indeed Doc.. I frequently do... Hence my mention of it. Thanks for the tip though. Just in this case I made this an excercise purely in AR3 so have not gone back to PS other than the original Outline used as the base template

zooreka
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
in the settings panel, those blend modes are provided for : airbrush,inkpen ,and gloop pen, so there must be some things you could do with those, no ?;)

Great and stunning Work of Art ! Congrats, I look forward to seeing more from you !

Thanks Hanzz.. Indeed that is what I was referring to when I mentioned improvizing. However none of these replicate dodge or burn tools - regardless of tool blend modes they still spray visible paint on areas where you dont want it... rather than selectively darkening or lightening highlight/midtone or shadow values...

I guess that also explains why there is no mention od keywords like Dodge and burn in the Help Manual too... there is one reference to burn - but not in this context!!! Thanks all the same...

Mairzie Dotes
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
zooreka,
What a beautiful child and just love the way both baby and bunny
are gazing intently at the camera with those most expressive eyes.
Absolutely adorable! :)

Evart
01-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Aww, how adorable, so cute :D

zooreka
01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
zooreka,
What a beautiful child and just love the way both baby and bunny
are gazing intently at the camera with those most expressive eyes.
Absolutely adorable! :)

Thank You Mairzie... Have to admit the camera cerainly likes her...

Lima
01-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Zooreka, no words... just beautiful, just beautiful. :eek: