To our unknown tomorrow ~
May these stars shine bright ~
And guide your way ~
Let a song in your heart be your credo ~

~ ~ ~ ~ :) Happy New Year :) ~ ~ ~ ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jbyrjbyr1
01-02-2010, 06:44 AM
A lovely poem and a lively painting, Mairzie. As always, you manage to blend the duel discliplines of word and art beautifully. I hope and trust you have a wonderful 2010 ahead of you.

Lima
01-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Marzie thank you. Wonderful:eek:

byroncallas
01-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Hey Mary Ann, thanks for the lovely New Year's Poem and accompanying fine painting - great to wake up to (well, we woke up late today) this late morning.

Great to see a new post from you. I've missed you a lot recently it seems. I hope you'll drop by for some commentary soon - part of the highlights for me of visiting the forum is always your lively, inventive, fun and often uplifting take on things. Your fine poem here is an exemplary inspired example. :):)

Happy new year to you and thanks again for the lovely new year sentiments. :):):)

Evart
01-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Cute Mair :)

Alexandra
01-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Happy New Year Mary Ann! A beautiful poem and card!

D Akey
01-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Mair, you have a way of preening even snowy trees. It's as if a mom had gotten her daughter ready for her first communion around 7 years old -- all dressed in the white of purity and innocence, leading into one of the early rites of passage. Included is the little vanity of the raiment of stars, holding all the good wishes one hopes for their child -- this part of the child's life being symbolic of the movement into the New Year.

What else could one think of when considering such snow but purity, a blank canvas which will melt away and reveal what was really underneath waiting to be called back to life in the Spring. A sanctified new beginning, honored.

Snowflakes are like stars which are like jewels when the light plays just so. They're also like little seeds of life. And Winter is the time of planting living dreams for the coming year.

If anyone can embrace the natural cycles and personalize them, it is you. Your work, as ever, enters the realm of symbolism, and thus holds within it levels of whatever Truth we can bring to it as viewers. It's like here we are on a sled, and there you are pushing us to the crest of a snowy embankment. . . and you hop on just as you get it to the tipping point. And the ride begins.

I love your poetic words and your allusion to stars guiding our way. As artists, I think we learn to navigate by them. . . if we know what's good for us, that is.

Thank you for the wonderful gift. Please keep painting and writing. Missed you loads here. (Forgive me for being a little scattered. Just woke up for pity sake. . .WHERE'S MY COFFEE????? New Years Day. It's always too early in the morning no matter what time you get up.) :):):):):)

pai
01-02-2010, 02:29 PM
A beautiful carved painting which matches so well with your lovely, warmth and meaningful poem. I like it and can feel it deeply. I really see your sweet heart and soul in this painting before I even read Mr. D Akey fine words to describe it. Happy New Year to you and your family, Mairzie. Miss your postings here. :):)

Belvrog
01-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi Mair, happy new year!!! The poem and the painting are both wonderful, Hope you are fine, missed you too.

Dany51
01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Happy New Year, Mary Ann !
and happy paintings and poems :)

Sketchism71
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Thair Mair!:D Great to see a post from you! Happy New Year to you as well!:):):)

Mairzie Dotes
01-02-2010, 08:27 PM
A lovely poem and a lively painting, Mairzie. As always, you manage to blend the duel discliplines of word and art beautifully. I hope and trust you have a wonderful 2010 ahead of you.

Greetings and a most Happy New Year, jbyrjbyr1,
So happy to know that you think well of the painting and little poem.

My inspiration came from both the beauty of winter and the anticipation
of the new year giving us a blank slate so to speak, a new journey ahead
to look forward to and a garland of stars to wish upon and light our way. :)

coops
01-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Mair and a Happy New Year to you. As always a lovely poem and a great painting.:)

sabena
01-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Hi Marzie
Beautiful painting:). Happy new year to you:D

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Marzie thank you. Wonderful:eek:

orianelima,
It is I that should be thanking you for the lovely compliment ...

THANK YOU! :)

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Hey Mary Ann, thanks for the lovely New Year's Poem and accompanying fine painting - great to wake up to (well, we woke up late today) this late morning.

Great to see a new post from you. I've missed you a lot recently it seems. I hope you'll drop by for some commentary soon - part of the highlights for me of visiting the forum is always your lively, inventive, fun and often uplifting take on things. Your fine poem here is an exemplary inspired example. :):)

Happy new year to you and thanks again for the lovely new year sentiments. :):):)

byroncallas,
"Life" at times does seem to get in the way of what really drives our
hearts and in my case ... painting "something" in Art Rage. It is a joy
to spend valued moments with friends such as you and I promise that
you will have more than enough of the likes of me for the next THREE
HUNDRED and ... ah ... SIXTY THREE DAYS!
(Aren't you sorry you inquired now?) :D :D :D

Your wonderful comments are well received ... a gracious thank you! :)

byroncallas
01-03-2010, 08:16 AM
byroncallas,
"Life" at times does seem to get in the way of what really drives our
hearts and in my case ... painting "something" in Art Rage. It is a joy
to spend valued moments with friends such as you and I promise that
you will have more than enough of the likes of me for the next THREE
HUNDRED and ... ah ... SIXTY THREE DAYS!
(Aren't you sorry you inquired now?) :D :D :D

Your wonderful comments are well received ... a gracious thank you! :)

"(Aren't you sorry you inquired now?) :D :D :D"

On the contrary, the skies have opened, the clouds have parted, the light shines through. Oh happy day. Ring them bells. Blow the whistles. And bottoms up. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Eileen724
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum.....what an gorgeous painting! It's beautiful and ever so delicate and I just love the inspirational poem with it. Happy New Year to you too, Mairzie!!!

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Cute Mair :)

Evart,
Heard tell "cute" was in so thought I would attempt to paint it
with the new and fantastic Art Rage 3 program. Thank you! :)

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Happy New Year Mary Ann! A beautiful poem and card!

Alexandra,
New year's greetings to you also and your warm response is most
appreciated. A most gracious thank you! :)

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Mair, you have a way of preening even snowy trees. It's as if a mom had gotten her daughter ready for her first communion around 7 years old -- all dressed in the white of purity and innocence, leading into one of the early rites of passage. Included is the little vanity of the raiment of stars, holding all the good wishes one hopes for their child -- this part of the child's life being symbolic of the movement into the New Year.

What else could one think of when considering such snow but purity, a blank canvas which will melt away and reveal what was really underneath waiting to be called back to life in the Spring. A sanctified new beginning, honored.

Snowflakes are like stars which are like jewels when the light plays just so. They're also like little seeds of life. And Winter is the time of planting living dreams for the coming year.

If anyone can embrace the natural cycles and personalize them, it is you. Your work, as ever, enters the realm of symbolism, and thus holds within it levels of whatever Truth we can bring to it as viewers. It's like here we are on a sled, and there you are pushing us to the crest of a snowy embankment. . . and you hop on just as you get it to the tipping point. And the ride begins.

I love your poetic words and your allusion to stars guiding our way. As artists, I think we learn to navigate by them. . . if we know what's good for us, that is.

Thank you for the wonderful gift. Please keep painting and writing. Missed you loads here. (Forgive me for being a little scattered. Just woke up for pity sake. . .WHERE'S MY COFFEE????? New Years Day. It's always too early in the morning no matter what time you get up.) :):):):):)

D Akey,
I honestly wish I had the "key" to your uncanny insight. As I was painting,
my thoughts were on a flocked Christmas tree we had in the livingroom
when I was a child.

So beautiful it was and since stars are for wishing, what more of an
appropriate symbol could there be than to decorate a celebratory tribute
to year's end with a garland of radiant stars that represent hope and a
shining new beginning.

Some trickster once said ... "follow the yellow brick road" but since yellow
is my least favorite color and a string of heavy bricks would not have
appeared as creatively enticing wrapped around a tree, I decided on a
more appropriate metaphorical message ... "follow that star" and ...
shhhhhhh! ... if you can keep a secret ... there is a message star on that
garland with your name on it and hopefully the new year spirit's spelling is
up to par (Hope he knows how to spell p-o-e-t.) and ... oh there it is ...
glistening brightly up towards the top! I see it now and gosh ... whataya
know ... think it reads something like this ...

D Akey ****
A most sincere thank you for such a heart warming and star
studded review **** :)

PICASO41
01-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Mair

This is a wonderful little piece :)

Happy New Year to you and your family as well :)

Mike

Rob in Denver
01-04-2010, 04:07 AM
As promised, ( to myself) finally took a look at your poem and painting here.
What strikes me most is how simple and understated both the poem and the painting are, there are no wasted elements in either, yet both are compelling and charming. It is a difficult thing to do, and you have done it so nicely here.
Happy New Year!

Mairzie Dotes
01-05-2010, 12:47 AM
Wow Mair.. first, HAPPY NEW YEAR! And I am just blown away by your first AR3 painting of the year! It reminds me of fine linen and the subtle purple colors.. love it! I love the poem too, you have a way of touching our hearts. You really made me smile! xoxox

Dear Irishrose,
And a most happy new year to you also! What would life be but boring
if there were not great friends to make our days shine. You have a
wonderful way with words and a most gracious thank you for such a
glowing response. x/o :)

Mairzie Dotes
01-05-2010, 12:53 AM
A beautiful carved painting which matches so well with your lovely, warmth and meaningful poem. I like it and can feel it deeply. I really see your sweet heart and soul in this painting before I even read Mr. D Akey fine words to describe it. Happy New Year to you and your family, Mairzie. Miss your postings here. :):)

Dear pai,
A compliment coming from you is much valued. May I send my warm
regards and a happy new year your way and a heartfelt thank you for
such a wonderful critique. :)

Mairzie Dotes
01-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Hi Mair, happy new year!!! The poem and the painting are both wonderful, Hope you are fine, missed you too.

Dear Belvrog,
I haven't been far away but only spending some time out dancing with
the snowflakes as I slip and slide with my friend, Mr. Shovel and sprinkle
some Pixie Calcium Chloride dust about. It isn't easy to keep winter's
Never Never land in ship shape for the lost boys ya know! :D

A most gracious thank you for such a lovely response. Art Rage3 is a
fantastic program and only wish I could devote even more time to
painting my girlish heart out.

Happy New Year and may the wild and creepy juicy things be
abundant on your dinner plate (yum!) in 2010. :)

Mairzie Dotes
01-05-2010, 03:33 PM
"(Aren't you sorry you inquired now?) :D :D :D"
On the contrary, the skies have opened, the clouds have parted, the light shines through. Oh happy day. Ring them bells. Blow the whistles. And bottoms up. :D:D:D:D:D:D

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum.....what an gorgeous painting! It's beautiful and ever so delicate and I just love the inspirational poem with it. Happy New Year to you too, Mairzie!!!

Mair
This is a wonderful little piece :)
Happy New Year to you and your family as well :)
Mike

As promised, ( to myself) finally took a look at your poem and painting here.
What strikes me most is how simple and understated both the poem and the painting are, there are no wasted elements in either, yet both are compelling and charming. It is a difficult thing to do, and you have done it so nicely here.
Happy New Year!

Greetings, Happy New Year and many thank you's to all of the above
friends who have recently responded favorably.

Honorable mentions to ...

byroncallas,

Eileen724,

PICASO41,

Rob in Denver

Have been a bit busy but did not want to go without acknowledging
your gracious and most appreciated comments. Thank you again! :)