PDA

View Full Version : The Royals Vs. The Future

impossibilia
01-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone,
Just upgraded to Artrage 3 Pro two weeks ago, and for my first project painted some backgrounds for a short puppet movie. I painted a lot of the objects on separate layers so that I could do some camera moves in After Effects.

If anyone wants to see the final product, it's on Youtube, called The Royals Vs. The Future.

This project was a bit rushed, so I'm hoping to take my time and learn to use the different brushes. I used chalk and crayon a lot, with the palette knife to smudge things around.

Alexandra
01-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome, and Happy New Year! These are great!:)

pai
01-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Amazing..and lovely backgrounds. I watched it. Are all those background made with AR3..the iceberg..sea and the ship, the firework? I like the music you made with the video. :)

Dany51
01-02-2010, 01:48 AM
I love it :) Happy New Year 2010 !:)

yachris
01-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Cool images, and a pretty good animation... here's the link to the YouTube animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhYz2p9ifY4

byroncallas
01-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Well, I don't know ANYTHING about making these animations, so for me seeing yours was an absolute gas. I enjoyed seeing how you used the AR paintings as sets. How you did the rest, I simply have no idea. But the video for me was great fun. I encourage everyone to drop by, take a look and have a good chuckle. Wonderfully inventive, pulling together a story and a message and providing a good laugh all at the same time. Big smiles from me this morning. :):)

Evart
01-02-2010, 07:37 AM
The third one is really cute, and all are beautiful :)

impossibilia
01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the comments, everyone! pai, the water and fireworks were created in particleIllusion which is great for all sorts of animated effects. The ship was a store bought wooden model, I debated painting it but chickened out. Maybe next time. But the icebergs, mountains, cave, trees, computer, church and pirate's tavern were all painted.