PDA

View Full Version : First Time With Color And First Time Digital

Cycles4Fun
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I tried painting once before. I bought some paint, paper, brushes and knives. The results I achieved upon the completion of my majestic mountain scene was something much more like the target in a sadistic paintball exercise.

I stumbled upon ArtRage 3.0 and decided to try again. But I was stumped as I attempted to determine what I should paint first. I looked through a couple tutorials and decided that I should try a cartoon first. The first thing that popped into my mind is this little guy. I had a great time drawing this and learning some of the interesting things in this medium. The little blue guy was drawn by mouse, but the rest I drew with a Wacom Bamboo pen. I really prefer the pen to either the mouse or real brushes.

If anyone has suggestions I am interested to learn more. I've seen some great work in these galleries and see I've a long way to go.

Rob

Carmen
12-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Cycles4Fun,
This is really nice, it's so fresh and full of color. You have done it
very well. It is a great piece being your first time you will soon
achieve marvelous things. Welcome to this lovely place.
Keep painting and share more of your work, please.
Happy New Year!!

Scorpio_80
12-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Very good as of the first color digital painting. You need to put some highlights to enrich the scene.
I invite you to evaluate my first digital painting too at my post.
Keep going.

Cycles4Fun
12-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Thank you for the replies. I hope to post more, I had a great time painting this. Thanks for the hint Scorpio_80 I'll see what I can do to improve the highlights on the next one!

Rob

Scorpio_80
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
You are welcome Rob, I hope to help each other to improve our skills.

Fady

RobertSWade
12-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Welcome to here Rob. Smurfy first post and no cleaning up afterward. :)

Juz
12-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Welcome Rob :)
This is fabulous... a great and fun first post :)
I really enjoyed your description of using traditional paint media, I'm sure that most of us have felt we've made something similar at some stage hehehe :)

Alexandra
01-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Oh my gosh! It's a smurf! I think it is wonderful, a big welcome to you Cycles! :)

coops
01-01-2010, 05:09 AM
Thats so lovely and brings back such lovely memories of watching them when the children were small. Great picture:)

byroncallas
01-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Terrific fun - and wonderful introduction. So, hello, and Happy New Year. I hope you'll post many more joining us here in 2010. :):):)

Judith Tramayne
01-01-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm in love with his mushroom house! Very nice shading done on it. You are well on your way to becoming an addict. AR3 can be that and more :D

Judith

Evart
01-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Awesome work! I love it!

Sketchism71
01-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Great post Rob! Welcome to AR!:D

Cycles4Fun
01-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Thank you all. You're a very encouraging group. I had such a good time painting this picture I've started working on the next. It is quite addicting.

@ Judith Tramayne

I would like to give credit to you and your tutorials. I watched both your AR2.5 and AR3 tutorials and read through Hans Deconink's and Nick Harris'. All were VERY helpful! Thank you for your work. I recommend any beginner to review your tutorials on AR2.5 or AR3 before attempting to use this product and again after working with it for a while. These are a good primer.

Rob

zooreka
01-02-2010, 09:28 AM
That's very well done. I like how you used the image sprays for the flowers...

And yupp, Im a big Smurf Fan.... =)

Cycles4Fun
01-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Thank you Zoo,

I used the stickers for the grass and the flowers. When I was playing around with the stickers I thought the flowers looked like the flowers they used to draw on the show so I used them. ;)