PDA

View Full Version : Children's Games - An Open Thread

Lima
12-31-2009, 09:32 AM
I am entering this thread with pictures of children playing. It is an open thread, if you want and you wish, you will be welcome to post your image here:):):).

This image below is called Different. And it is only an introduction to the next pictures, which will post in time.

Lima
12-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Girls playing walk on stilts.

Lima
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
The boy playing with a kite:)

PICASO41
12-31-2009, 11:44 AM
A stunning array of colors on display here :)
Great, great, stuff :)

Happy New Year O :)

Mike

AT-TA
12-31-2009, 11:48 AM
My beginnings in painting and AR.

Lima
12-31-2009, 11:49 PM
AT really cool, you quickly captured the spirit of the thing. Your painting showing a girl playing is very beautiful.

Lima
01-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Running tire

coops
01-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Such fantastic paintings dear Oriane, I love them all:)

coops
01-01-2010, 01:27 AM
What a sweet little girl At-ta, she just adorable and so well painted.:)

screenpainter
01-01-2010, 01:45 AM
great images Oriane and AT-TA. colorful and playful. these are great.

Alexandra
01-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Those are so sweet Oriane and AT. Oriane your stilts painting brings back such sweet memories for me in the Philippines. I think I shall have a try at adding one to your thread here. My father made me stilts, and also a wonderful swing. Maybe a swing painting.:D Have a wonderful New Year!:D

byroncallas
01-01-2010, 05:24 AM
Wonderful works Oriane. And great idea for a new thread. Sooner or later I hope to post something here. I hope the thread catches on - it's fine idea for a particular window into our world as well as our own fond memories that formed us in our youth. . :)

Lima
01-01-2010, 07:24 AM
A stunning array of colors on display here :)
Great, great, stuff :)

Happy New Year O :)

Mike
Picaso thank you sir. Happy New Year to you too.:)

Lima
01-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Coops, Gzair, Alexandra and Byron. Thank you dear friends.

Alexandra and Byron great.

Lima
01-01-2010, 07:32 AM
On the bike

Evart
01-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Kids, you gotta love 'em. This is cute Orian :)

AT-TA
01-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Wonderful paintings, vibrant colors and the energy and dynamics of the pictures is really infectious hehehe... beautiful pictures, Oriane.

And thank you for the positive comment on my picture. But i am feeling now,that i shoudn't be here, feel a bit guilty, even if you invited people to post here ..... oh... well,,, will know better for the next time.:-)

Happy New Year, to you,Oriane, may it be precious in every moment of your life.

AT

Lima
01-01-2010, 08:38 AM
AT thank you. You are in the right place. Please post another, or as many as you want, you are a talentet artist, OK? Evart, you to dear friend. A Happy New Year.:):)

Sketchism71
01-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Another wonderful thread idea Oriane! Not many things are as peaceful, innocent, and enjoyable as images of children doing what children do. Excellent work on your recent images for this thread as well to those that have already contributed to it!:)

Lima
01-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Sketch, thank you.

You can see the little kids playing spin.:)

Lima
01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Leapfrog:)

ARTGEEK
01-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I love all of these especially the first one, it made me laugh:DGorgeous work as always:)

Gray
01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Woah, cool. I don't know if I want to mess up this thread with my puny art. This is exactly the kind of project that should be turned into a book and published though: All the art fits into a beautiful visual/idea theme. Fantastic!

AT-TA
01-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Wow..Oriane, these are all so gorgeous and thank you so much for inviting me again to post here with you... but as Gray before me already mentioned, this should be just your thread... of your wonderful creations i realised that also... i like them all... the first one made me laugh and other ones brought back my own memories of the childhood... especially the scene of the kid riding a bike... so go on... i am waiting here....for othe new pics to come.:-)and the fitst one... have a bit the same let's call it" The experiences.}. Hehehehe...

Briex
01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Fine paintings here. This is a great topic. I must join in the coming days.

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 09:39 PM
orianelima,
Since I have never quite grown up ... this "Children's Games" thread is a
breath of fresh air and a joy to experience. What a wonderful idea and
what happy paintings these are ... a celebration of artistic talent, life
and a grand tribute to kids of all ages. (Including yours truly!) :)

coops
01-04-2010, 12:28 AM
This is wonderful dear Oriane, such wonderful textures and colours:)

Briex
01-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Playing with a pluche rabbit. In 1999 those girls did not know that they become ArtRagers ten years later. I neither....

Lima
01-04-2010, 06:41 AM
I thank all of you my friends for the time spent. TA:) and Gray:), come on, no problem in posting these games.

Briex, sensational. Congratulations, and continue, ok?

Lima
01-05-2010, 08:38 AM
Play top, hoop, skateboard wood. Running the bicycle tire...

Boy, balancing on the railroad tracks

Briex
01-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Stunning paintings Oriane. You know why I'm so glad for you? the fact that you have developed your own style. Let me say a typical and genuine Oriane style. I still have to develop my own style and to stick with it from the moment I'm pleased with it: from that moment I can build on a collection which is recognizable as 'Briex'.

coops
01-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Absolutely stunning dear Oriane, what beautiful paintings. Makes me a little scared to put my little effort in here bit here goes. Its one that I did ages ago and I have reworked in AR3.

AT-TA
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I like comming here , just to look what the children are doing today...

Briex very nice painting, Coops...she is a sweetie..like the simplicity of the whole compositon.... and Orianne... oh there...my god what a mess in there...i can hear them screaming and yelling, jumpingup and falling down ... love that action in the pic and the colors also...

I do not have any painting with kids in action...maybe i look for a good photo and i might paint something fresh..... but after the holidays...i am so lazy...hehehe....

pai
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
All these paintings are very sweet, lovely and beautifully painted. A great thread to view and memorize of the childhood. It's good for me to imagine all of these and the smiles on the painters' faces while painted these. I especially like the last one from Orianelima, "Boy, balancing on the railroad tracks". :)

foxytocin
01-06-2010, 06:54 AM
I have so enjoyed this thread....Oriane, thank you in particular for the concept and thank you to the rest of you for posts and dialogue. I have three to share that I made today with the thread in mind....
The first, not my favourite because the stencil was a bit clunky, but I will always treasure the photo it was based on as well as the others I took that day.....it was probably one of the very best afternoons I have spent with my children to date. It looks much better when viewed in the larger version.

foxytocin
01-06-2010, 06:57 AM
My girls and dandelions from an afternoon last May.....may we never ever grow too old to blow the seeds off of a dandelion and make a wish....
Once again, stencils from photos I took. I really enjoy the new range of play available in ArtRage Pro for surface manipulation....the new knife is great for this sort of thing.

I just noticed when I posted this the odd pixelated look to the pink dress....weird...it's not on the original.........

Lima
01-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Coops, dear friend, wow, so beautiful:eek:
Leah, just gorgeous:) thanks for posting here:):):)

Lima
01-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Playing the spinning:)

Briex, AT, Pai, thank you really very much.:):):)

AT-TA
01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Gee....the car is comming...:-)

Gorgeous palette... i too am painting a children scene... you inspired us to do so...:-)

Briex
01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Coops. OMG that is nice. Good composition, great colour choice and what an innocent subject. The soap bubbles remind us all to our childhood... Btw can you get out the door? What a snow overthere!

Foxytocin, you created your own style. When you are happy with it, stick to it and build out a collection. This is great and distinctive art!

Oriane, that last one is composition and brush wise a true museum piece. Nice. And indeed, djee, the car is indeed coming. The scenery frightens me, afraid that a car is suddenly coming over the hill: that tension, that strong contrast between the tranquil landscape with happy playing children and that dangerous sloping road which is coming to the viewer and which do not let us know what is behind it. Did you do that on purpose? What ever this is very, very, very good. A true winner!!!!

Lima
01-08-2010, 09:22 AM
AT and Briex thank you very much.

Boys playing marbles.:):):)

D Akey
01-08-2010, 09:26 AM
All very great works. :):):):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Beautiful!

coops
01-08-2010, 10:12 AM
Another beautiful painting dear Oriane.:)

AT-TA
01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Oriane, as everybody said: your pictures are simply amazing.
You paint in such intense colors that one sees even the things you just thought off and didn't paint on the canvas... and the result is wonderfull......and watching your work..one feels such a longing to share what you..ve got ....especially the joy of living..:)
I wish that this threat would run forever.... why... because i love to paint children myself and enjoy to see simillar works of others....and you have not disapointed me....:)

Lima
01-09-2010, 12:07 PM
You people are great. Thank you.:)

Byron posted those great abstract Out of Chaos Comes ... DAkey responded with the following comment:

"When I was a kid we lived in San Diego at the edge of a construction development, and at a very early stage they had dug all the trenches for the sewers and so on. And I thought that was the coolest thing ever cause you could jump across, and climb down and scale the 8 vertical feet. Dirt clods were everywhere to chuck around. And we played hide and seek in over a block or two of this development. The trenches made it really fun".

And then I figured this image Hide and seek. I hope y'all like:)

Docsmith626
01-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Oriane, this may well be the best of the lot. And it's a damned impressive lot. :D

AT-TA
01-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Oriane, you want to say that you didn't have the ref pic for this? My... if not... such a wonderful play with shadows and colors and dealing with such adisorderly area.... oh my...what will come next i wonder... and i am hiding all my work... yeah it is all under my bed by now...:)

Caesar
01-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I would define this gallery majestic due to Your brilliant mind and unique artistic value, dear friend!

coops
01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Fabulous dear Oriane just fabulous:)

Lima
01-10-2010, 09:48 AM
I would like to thank all of you for continuous encouragement.:):):):):)

Swap cards [child's play - Folklore]. I often swap cards as a boy.:)

Jasminek
01-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi,

Even though I have lived my adult life in USA, I try to stay in touch with certain Thais tradition. In this case I tried to draw Thai cartoon of children in the past, please notice the hairdos ( I still see this type of hair on boys up country). A lot of kids play computer games now but this "Fingers Game" are still played (to my delight).

Since I retired when I was 53, I have been doing research on history, traditions and beliefs of traiditional Thais. I am embarassed to say that I had to go back to study the Thai language again. After a few years, I am better and can communicate better. So that I understand things a little better.:D

In this game, children, at least 3 will sit down and lay both hands down. One of them will be the one with one hand down and another hand with one finger is used to touch each finger laid down while all of them sing a song with rhymes each sentence (not much meaning). For each syllable, a finger is touch, when the song ends, the last finger touched must be folded. The winner will be the last child who still has one finger left while the rest of the fingers are folded.

I was lucky to see a group of kids playing this game when last visited Thailand in 2009. I asked how one is selected to be the one with one hand down, for no one wants to have only 5 fingers down. They said the last person who looses, well the poor child can't win often then, can stay a loser forever!!!:eek:

Any comment is very welcome.
Jasminek

Jasminek
01-11-2010, 07:10 AM
HI,

I will be leaving for Asia on Monday, so may not answer any comments (which are very welcome) for a while. Will arrive at destination on Thursday morn., so hopefully I can log in on Friday.

Hope that everyone have peace.

Sincerely,
Jasminek:)

Lima
01-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Jasminek your painting looks like a childhood dream:eek::eek::eek:. The pictures are absolutely beautiful. You nailed it. This was the intent of this thread. We'll be waiting patiently for your return. Congratulations on this impressive contribution.

Lima
01-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Playing Seesaw:):):)

D Akey
02-02-2010, 11:01 PM
. . .
Byron posted those great abstract Out of Chaos Comes ... DAkey responded with the following comment:

"When I was a kid we lived in San Diego at the edge of a construction development, and at a very early stage they had dug all the trenches for the sewers and so on. And I thought that was the coolest thing ever cause you could jump across, and climb down and scale the 8 vertical feet. Dirt clods were everywhere to chuck around. And we played hide and seek in over a block or two of this development. The trenches made it really fun".

And then I figured this image Hide and seek. I hope y'all like :)

You hope we all like this? Are you kidding? Well I for one am flattered beyond measure that you would use a reminiscence of mine as the point of departure for this extraordinary piece.

Aside from getting the spirit of that childhood memory just right, this is a phenomenal painting.

You seem to be an Impressionist Painter of a new order. You don't focus on light from the sun in front of you, as did the Impressionists. You draw your impressions from the light of the mind, from memories. . . perhaps from the light, but the light from 50 years ago -- the luminosity from the fondness of our most vivid recollections. It's as if you rocketed to 50 light years away from Earth in order to catch the outbound vision of that time for your picture.

In my childhood, there was color, yes. Lots of it for those fresh eyes. But the color was all outside of me and I took it in without any idea what to do with it -- in manufactured toys, kites, yes, in marbles, little league uniforms, candy, blood from a nose. . . rich like your paintings.

My TV all through my childhood was Black and White, yet it was filled with color that came from vivid characters, heroes, horses and adventure. The spoken word held color, songs, ideas and possibilities sparked wide arrays of dazzling color. And I observed it all without scrutiny, without thought for it. It just was the way it was.

If I could hit a marble in the grass with my shooter from 20 feet in a lucky shot, that's what life was about at the time. And I do remember holding the round little balls of glass with the colored striations and wondered how they did that. And then without any internet to find answers, I promptly forgot about it and ran off to catch lizards.

It seems that all the colors of my youth grew more intense the farther away in time they got, as if the color was intensified to keep them from fading. But the more lively they got, the dimmer the light grew in my forgetting. But when through this forum, when I turned toward a heap of dormant memories again, they all lit up, and I found that the color was fresher than ever. And it dimmed again when I let it go.

Little did I know that someone was looking through my eyes at that color. But THAT IS THE LIGHT you paint. All that color that you see -- your own memories, mine, Monets, Van Gogh's. You follow color like surfer/film makers traveled the surfing spots of the globe in their movie The Endless Summer. You are a master impressionist making the movie The Endless Color, one frame at a time. You seem to rush to where the color's good and the light inviting.

I love how you painted this one. There is an amazing vitality in the paintings you do when you juxtapose colors between the subjectively important colors and the active in-between areas that are normally dull. You shine light into the sea of shadows and this is the kind of reflections you create within the picture frame.

I had some months ago talked about you mastering the past styles of known painters, and that you were reeling it in to make it your own contemporary work. But I challenged you to reach your mastery into the future, what would your paintings look like ten or so years hence -- a far more difficult proposition projecting forward. All your looking through the mind's eye you found the present and a bit of future in childhood past, even if you did it unconsciously. Carl Jung would emphatically approve, I think.

Bravo, my friend!

:):):):):)

D Akey
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi,
. . .
I was lucky to see a group of kids playing this game when last visited Thailand in 2009. I asked how one is selected to be the one with one hand down, for no one wants to have only 5 fingers down. They said the last person who looses, well the poor child can't win often then, can stay a loser forever!!!:eek:

Any comment is very welcome.
Jasminek

Jasminek, this is fascinating. I have a special fondness for the Thai people I have known. Their energy is very different from any other nationality. There is a particular warmth and grace that they carry with them. And while I have never been there, my personal 'radar' will catch things Thai, little details that I'm hoping someday to understand better.

The idea of a children's game is wonderful. A formative experience no doubt. I would have liked to observe at length, understanding the language not being an issue of course.

So I identify with your interests.

As to the painting, it's very real and is not unlike a certain kind of Asian drawing style. Well done you!

Safe trip. :):):)

Dany51
02-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Very moving all this images, few of them are very clear ,
some of them I don't see much else than colors, perhaps because the resolution of the file, in all cases fresh colors and it would be impossible to comment for each one but I remember the young girl with bobbles done by coops and I like this last paint of Oriane, very clear and interesting to read the comments.:)

Lima
02-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Akey'm very glad you enjoyed this painting. Your words mean a lot to me, because I consider myself an amateur digital artist. Your words, like many other artists of this area, your words push us forward and make us feel better as a person. Spectacular your comment.

Dany, thank you very much:):):)

AT-TA
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Oriane, i somehow missed the last two kids... am smiling here.. that you added the dog in this one... they so much belong with kids, aren't they? As usually, there's nothing new to say but to say "Stay on the path", people enjoy your talent very much including me...Gorgeous...

mannafig
02-03-2010, 11:04 PM
WOW these are all fabulous such little treasures:):)