PDA

View Full Version : Last Ship Animation

fraser_paice
12-31-2009, 09:31 AM
Been playing with Anime Studio today and have come up with a simple animation based on my Last Ship Fron Atlantis painting....

http://www.fraser-paice.co.uk/page4/page4.html

Would love to hear some opinions... It's my first one!... All artwork done in AR Studio Pro.

Oh and here is a still.

PS... It's in QuickTime so you will need that view it.

Juz
12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Great fun fraser... the black aura around the sphere the ship heads to works very well... extremely cool to see your painting come to life :)

Eileen724
12-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh, Fraser...you've outdone yourself on this one!!! The painting itself is just so imaginative and fantastic in itself but the video puts it over the top!!! What a great job for being your first video! I would LOVE to see more of your animated videos. This one is so wonderful and entertaining.

coops
12-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow matey, what you been taking. Your imagination is working overtime. This one is such great fun.:)

Evart
01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
This looks great fraser. I like the designs, and colors!

fraser_paice
01-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks ladies, I had sort of forgotten that my original intention was to use AR as a tool for animation... I was having far too much fun.

I will now have to discipline myself and try to work less messily, I can assure you there will be more, it's absolutely magic to see a painting come alive... Hmmm now how do I fit more hours in the day to play?

Valerie
01-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Fantastic piece work fraser.

Sketchism71
01-03-2010, 03:21 AM
That is really cool Neil! Was the animation time consuming? I have never messed around with animation. Love to see where you go with this!:D

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 06:34 AM
fraser_paice,
I just clicked on your animated "Last Ship" link but only received a ...
"cannot display this website" notice. Could it be my error or a glitch
with the site itself. Tried twice but could not open nor view the
animated piece. :confused: :)

D Akey
01-03-2010, 06:43 AM
I would have sworn I posted to this one. It's really great. Continues telling the story with movement. Na'ry a digression owing to tripping out on the animation. It's very cool. And I must offer some advance excitement for you to anticipate when you add sound. You'll be so thrilled you'll never have time for a walk in the forest again. (Okay, that was for effect using understatement in the manner of PT Barnum - translation = you'll get hooked on how far that ship can sail.)

fraser_paice
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks once again folks

Sketch: That one took an afternoon, however it was a case of trial, error and searching the tutorials for answers. However it was mitigated by exporting the layers from an existing painting rather than creating from scratch.

D Akey: If AR is the Thief of Time then animation is up for grand larceny... You are right, I've always been a 'Toon' addict... Now if I can just get my butterfly mind to sip at one flower of inspiration and not flit, hither and thither about the wild meadow of budding ideas!!

Marzie: If you are using an older version of Internet Explorer or an exotic browser like Opera then my Website might well not work for you... The software I used to make it is optimised for Macs and I have heard there can be problems...

foxytocin
01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Neil, it's a whole new realm for your imagination to play in......real cool.