PDA

View Full Version : Combining photo with background effects

Alexandra
12-31-2009, 01:43 AM
I wanted to see what I would get with a photograph of myself merged with a background that I had changed effects several times. I had one of my son in a garden that I made too. AR3 is such an exploration and fantastic program. Anyway, just wanted to pass on some ideas to those of you who enjoy photography as well.:)

D Akey
12-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Careful. You're pulling me/us in close. . . a not altogether unpleasant experience, I dare say. Very groovy colors. I'd call this a huge success indeed. Here's one for the ol' bag of tricks when you want to move the eye inward like a tractor beam. Powerful.

:):):):):)

Alexandra
12-31-2009, 02:04 AM
Thanks D-Akey, I probably will make people sick with this old face, but thought it would be something fun for folks to try. Thanks for your kindness and comment Dear Sir!

Khalid_ipda
12-31-2009, 03:58 AM
Beautiful Alexandra. Great experiment.:D:D:D

Eileen724
12-31-2009, 04:21 AM
Alexandria...this is just beautiful and so cool!!! You'll have to share this technique with the rest of us....!!!

sandyg
12-31-2009, 05:03 AM
I saw this one on the gallery Sandy, great effect.
Sandyg.

billbonds
12-31-2009, 05:08 AM
This is really really cool. I like it a lot. :):)

Alexandra
12-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Khalid, Thank you! This can be applied in so many ways. I thought about a family pet in a surrealistic background, anyway-the possibilities are endless!:D

Eileen, I will be happy to! I think that the concept could be found with Peter's tutorials though-I will try to find it. I just merged a photo with it and used the difference selection, and again had an interesting outcome.:D

Sandy and Bill, Thanks so much. I think that a wealth of ideas come from this forum, don't you?:D

Lima
12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
Wonderful effect. :eek:

Alexandra
01-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Thanks Oriane! I am finding more and more with this software everyday!

coops
01-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Thats way cool Alexandra. Well done:)

Alexandra
01-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Thanks Katie! You know I had yours up working with flowers in the background, I am still working on it, and I would also love to do Rosy and Byron. I think the rage team really should add a warning message to this program as it can take hours from your life and add a serious addiction!:p:D:D:D:D:D

coops
01-01-2010, 07:15 AM
I would really love to see that Alexandra as I havent yet given this type a go and I know what you mean about the time spent in AR. I never seem to see a tv program all the way through as I keep getting drawn back to the puter lol.:)

Evart
01-01-2010, 08:38 AM
SANDRA!!!!!!!! lol this is cool. It is as though you're going away, and I'm calling out to you. Well...not really going, but, anyways, I like it :D

Alexandra
01-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks Katie, it will not be long! This is something that I really enjoy working on. You should try it some time. Upload a photo to a layer, then add a separate layer and draw something on there, then change the appearance and the background will blend in with the photo. You can use the eraser, the painting tools, many different effects. I tell you, I am really impressed by this software! :):):):):)

Thanks so much Evelyn! As I wrote to Katie, it is something that everyone should try, especially if they are into scrap booking. That is something that I would love to do, but just don't make the time for. If I can't paint or draw, I am not a happy person! So the other stuff goes on the back burner!:eek::D