PDA

View Full Version : Transformation

Rob in Denver
12-30-2009, 01:35 PM
This is for Aaron who was 13, a unique kid, artist, and skateboarder who crossed over today after a terrible struggle with Cancer. I had decided I was not going to post this painting ( made for his family), until I remembered how cool he thought it was to be known around the world through a thread here, and I knew I had no choice.
Please, please, no condolences! It is not necessary! I am OK, I just wanted to share this for him, and give him a proper send-off, he would not have wanted anyone to be sad. If you want to see the thread of paintings made for his recovery, it is to be seen here--
(http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16990&highlight=aaron)

foxytocin
12-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Oh, Rob, this is breathtakingly, heart-achingly beautiful.......I had missed the thread you linked to.....it too is a thing of beauty.

Lima
12-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Your tribute to Aaron touches the senses. There are certain times when we run out of words. Certainly this is one of those moments:(. But I feel touched by the greatness of this picture that must have cost you dearly to produce.

byroncallas
12-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Rob, it is a beautiful and fitting tribute to your friend to whom you gave so much of your time, attention, caring and love. No doubt it has meaning for his family and will be a living, heartfelt reminder for them of Aaron and his courageous, loving spirit.

pai
12-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Beautiful tribute to Aaron and so touchable to everyone's heart of this painting. Seeing Aaron's big smile on face while sliding that skateboard you painted for him. :)

RobertSWade
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Thus ends the final chapter in The Book of Aaron. Tears? There will be those, but tinged with relief that his suffering is now just a memory. Sadness? There will be that, but tempered with visions of a laughing skateboarder. Loss? It is a loss, but paid for by the end of pain. So much of life is about loss but in loss there can be gain. We gain when we are forced to remember that all life is fleeting and that what we might do tomorrow will never be as important what we do today. We gain when we are made to consider how much sweeter are the joyful times because we will always have the bitter times with which to compare them. So much of the Universe is constructed of pairs of opposites: life and death, joy and sorrow, light and dark. It is these extremes of spectrums that allow us to find balance in chaos and meaning in existance.
Thank you, Rob, for sharing Aaron's story with us and gracing us and his family with an image that is at once transcendent, ephemeral, and hopeful.

Alexandra
12-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Rob, this is powerful and beautiful, kind and filled with deep thought and strength, it touches me deeply as I have mentioned before....I know this part of life.

Sketchism71
12-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Rob, this is a beautiful tribute in Aaron's name. He has touched all of us with his life... All Around The World Aaron!

billbonds
12-30-2009, 06:30 PM
A beautiful tribute and remembrance.

D Akey
12-30-2009, 11:41 PM
God bless the child that's got his own.

My eyes are beginning to water for real.

Thank you for posting Rob. Magnificent painting. It's got the heart in it that you brought to this process. :):):):):)

Rob in Denver
12-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks all of you, this is a special group of people on this forum. I just thought to share an email from the Grandfather that I received this morning,
it seemed worth sharing:

This evening, while we were at Mike's house, I picked up the scrapbook of ArtRage paintings from your friends around the world and marveled over the beauty of the work and the wonderfully kind sentiments of the artists. I had not looked at the book since the first time I saw it, and it was very comforting and special to me, making me feel as if it was all new to me.

And then I simply assumed that you would be sending your new painting of Aaron to the ArtRage members, enjoying tremendously the thought that they would be seeing it. I am very grateful you followed your heart and knew in your heart that Aaron would be simply delighted that it would be seen by them. I think I recall--Betty will know his exact quote--"I am famous all over the world." Just after looking at your scrapbook, I picked up Aaron's pamphlet of his work accomplished in second grade. And one of the dreams he expressed in it was that he, indeed, wanted someday to be famous. You helped him accomplish that dream.

coops
12-31-2009, 02:05 AM
Rob, thats a wonderful tribute to Aaron and his family must be so proud that he accomplished his dream. :)

fraser_paice
12-31-2009, 02:10 AM
No words mate..... Just thoughts...

D Akey
01-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Yeah. What FP didn't say goes for me too.

What an amazing grandpa to have written such a letter.

sabena
01-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Hi Rob

This painting is fantastic very well done:eek::D

Mairzie Dotes
01-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Rob in Denver,
I have been rendered almost without the proper words to describe
"Transformation." It is one of the most wondrous, heaven touched,
powerful, embracing and spiritually uplifting artistic creations that I
have ever seen. What an endeavor of the heart this is. :)

L Skylar Brown
01-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Fly High, Aaron! Touch that Sky!!

AT-TA
01-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Rob, this speaks of unspekable..... good for you you have painted this... you will be always together in this kind deed of yours....beautiful....

Peter Pinckney
01-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm with Neil and DAkey.

Eileen724
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Rob, I was so emotionally moved by this thread, that I simply had to walk away for a few minutes before I could even send a reply.

What a wonderful tribute you've done for this young man. I am just sorry I missed it since I was not part of this forum back then. The warmth and love from all the members of this forum that contributed to the collection of artwork along with your unselfish act of putting together a book, barely touches the surface of how wonderful and warm this community of artists are. It is with great sadness to hear of this young man's plight and for his parents losing him so young in life. The one consolation is that he is no longer suffering and is at peace. I will say a prayer for Aaron and his family.

Evart
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I like how you word it, crossed over. That's the best way to say it. And, I like that word better. I bet he's smiling a big smile. Wonderful painting :)

Rob in Denver
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't want to keep bumping this thread, but there have been so many nice comments that I have missed the last few days that I felt a thank you was in order. The list has grown long, and I do appreciate the sentiments expressed.
Thanks again, one and all.

Gray
01-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I've been off the forums for a while, or I would have posted in your book for this fellow; my grandfather has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer, so I understand a little of that side of life. This image is beautiful, I love how you've given him wings: He's free.