PDA

View Full Version : Between Lives

Fashmir
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I haven't posted for a while. Been busy. Well any way here's tonight's musing.

D Akey
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Well, as we say at the beach, "Tubular Dude!"

Really well realized. It feels so evocative. I would definitely have to read this story to see what the heck is going on here. Great hook and mystery. It's so well done I expect it to be something equally as satisfying learning about it.

Very physiological feeling. Very nice work on all counts. :):):)

Juz
12-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Well, as we say at the beach, "Tubular Dude!"
:):):)

ROF
Its hard to follow up that comment :)
I love the 3d effect you've got happening in this piece Fashmir... very cool :cool:

Alexandra
12-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Fantastic idea and looks great Fashmir!

byroncallas
12-30-2009, 12:05 AM
OK Fashmir - this is terrific fun and so well done. Me thinks you're on a sticker binge (but then maybe not - maybe you crafted those babies)? Whatever you did you pulled this off brilliantly - it's a beauty - oodles going on. I love it. :)

Eileen724
12-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Reminds me of the movie, The Abyss!!! Love this, Fashmir...very creative!

Sketchism71
12-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Hey... Where did you find the twisting tube paint tool?:rolleyes: Very cool Fashmir! Love the way you manipulated and varied the light on each tube.

Peter Pinckney
12-30-2009, 05:28 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOO! I do LIKE this................oh yes!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):)

PS
using this opportunity to thank you very much for your fur stickers.............I've been using them for so many different things than fur.

Ta Mate!!:D:D

Lima
12-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Amazing.:eek:

ScottF
12-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Great colors and effects!

wonder-w
12-30-2009, 08:53 AM
very interesting . I like it

Fashmir
12-30-2009, 12:40 PM
D Akey- Thanks for taking the time to look and speak. I am always interested in your particular view. Your way with words and all. ;)

Juz- Thanks. This one was fun.

Alexandra- Thanks for your enthusiasm. :)

Byron- Stickers indeed. :D I have a twisty glowy kind of sticker spray going for the blue "tubes" and the stuff in the back is gloop and knife. The little face is crayon. I textured and lit the "tubes" here and there using airbrush and sticker spray with a little knife.

Eileen- Thanks. Now that you mention it i can see where one could be reminded of the abyss. Incidentally my friend Ray DiCarlo, one of the partners at Bent Image Lab where I work, did special FX for that film. Not the water face FX but the submarine stuff under water. :)

Sketchism- Heh, I found the twisty paint tool in my imagination and built it in the sticker spray editor. ;) I'm glad you like it. I especially enjoy depicting light in my work. Thanks.

Peter- Wow. Thanks mate! That's quite a string of smiles. The Fur, I am happy to see those getting used-and you're right they are good for other things like grass, clumps of pine needles, quills, bit's of fluff, belly-button lint... The sticker tools are really amazing in this version of AR. :D

Orianelima- Thanks for that.

Scott- Thanks. I have so much fun playing with this stuff.

Wonder-w- Thanks for commenting. I'm glad you like it.

foxytocin
12-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Tubes and tubes and tubes. Interesting title, too.....

L Skylar Brown
12-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Most original concept. A dream within a nightmare, or is it the other way around?! Excellent execution.

pai
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Very creative and so mystery one especially with your title. That yin yang face really caught my attention. Brilliant. :)

Fashmir
12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
foxytocin- There do seem to be a few tubes there, yup. :) I hope the title makes the art the more interesting.

L Skylar Brown- Thanks. I wasn't feeling any nightmare component but that is of course subjective. Dream I did feel as I worked on this. I was imagining what it might be like to be in a place of pure spiritual energy between corporeal events.

Pai- So good to see you here. :) Thank you so much. I chose the duality of the yin yang face to suggest balance and neutrality in a context where time is not relevant.

shirly
12-30-2009, 11:46 PM
wow...fabulous :)

Rob in Denver
12-31-2009, 02:19 AM
I love the inexplicable weirdness of this, like some odd dream--well done!

Fashmir
12-31-2009, 06:32 AM
Shirly- Thanks. :)

Rob- Thanks to you too. Inexplicable, weird, odd... I'll take it. :D

ENCHANTER
12-31-2009, 06:55 AM
out there...more than your usual stuff.............reminds me of Abyss but also Spirited Away:D

Fashmir
12-31-2009, 09:23 AM
.......reminds me ... Spirited Away:D

My daughter said the same thing. Thanks for commenting my friend. :)

Belvrog
12-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Fantastic mystical painting Fashmir. I love how you did that the spirits body with the soft emissive lighting and its highlights that make it look like frosted. It reminds me a bit of No-Face, the spirit Chihiro is meeting in the bathhouse in Spirited Away. Wonderful painting!!!! :):):)

Fashmir
12-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Belvrog- Thanks. The glowing is me taking advantage of the shadow parameters in the sticker settings. Its really cool, you can use it as a glow not just a shadow. The whole swirling shape of the bodies is all sticker with some paint over to make the lighting and "frosted" highlights. I used a texturing sticker spray I made to get a scattered dot effect for that.

weeun
12-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Reminds me of Spirited Away too.
Stunning, Fashmir, simply stunning.

Fashmir
12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Weeun- You are very kind. Thanks. :)

Belvrog
01-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Fashmir, thanks for the info about the glowing. Played around with the shadow settings on some stickers. Pretty cool. Thank you ! :)

Happy new Year !!

Dany51
01-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Very interesting work ! Happy New Year Fashmir !

Mairzie Dotes
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Fashmir,
Ohhhh my ... "Between Lives" is the betwixt and between of it all isn't it?
It seems to evoke the question of life and the confusion and decision
making issues that so often cross our paths. Just love your creative use
of the new sticker tool, settings and the art work and 3D effect is quite
admirable. Well painted! :)

Evart
01-02-2010, 07:53 PM
This is strange, yet captivating!

byroncallas
11-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Hey, this is still fun, don't you think, after all these years. :D:D