PDA

View Full Version : oddball final 2.5 effort

jbyrjbyr1
12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
End of the year business busyness has made it unwise for me to upgrade to AR3 just yet (I know I'd have little willpower and would doubtless neglect my work to play!). I thought I'd have a bit of final 2.5 fun for the year with the two versions of some unnamed model/actress/whatever below. Other than a small amount of airbrush, these are both made with heavy pressure paint tube applications at varying widths, the first unblended (I hoped for a sort of mosaic effect) and the second blended quite a bit (but still making her look rather bizarre). These were fun, if somewhat odd! :cool:

If not this week, then shortly after the new year, it will be time for AR3 (woo hoo!!!!!). And THEN the learning curve starts all over again.:eek:

Have a great New Years everyone.

jb

Alexandra
12-29-2009, 04:15 PM
What a tutorial combined with beautiful painting JB! :)

Docsmith626
12-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I had to look at these the same way I look at Orian's paintings, from a distance. Up close they look crude, but step back, and the full impact strikes. Very impressive.

BTW. . . You are going to love AR3. I wouldn't be surprised to see you do something like this with stickers. That potential has barely been scratched.

sandyg
12-29-2009, 06:39 PM
What amazing effects, I prefer the first untouched one.
Sandyg.

pai
12-29-2009, 06:55 PM
I also prefer the first one. Has those mosaic painting feel and very artistic look. Especially when I view it a little bit far. Great piece. :)

Eileen724
12-30-2009, 12:41 AM
I love your technique and approach on using the mosaic effect on that first painting...how cool!!!

coops
12-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Well done JB, these are great:)

byroncallas
12-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Yes, blow up full screen and stand back several feet from the monitor and the power of these paintings comes more fully into focus - especially with the eyes which are penetrating. Nice experiments. And yes, you'll love AR3. And Happy New Year too. .

L Skylar Brown
12-30-2009, 09:33 AM
I love these images - the top is my fave. Dont discount 2.5 - It taught me everything I know!(Digitally, that is)

Valerie
12-30-2009, 10:12 AM
I also lke the first one I like the look of the mosaic. Wonderful work.

Sketchism71
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM
This is awesome Jbyr! It's kind of funny you post this because just a few days ago I watched a documentary on an artist by the name of Chuck Close. If you are not familiar with his work (or his story) he is worthwhile to check out. Below are a couple images of his work. Up close, each individual square is its own painting of just color but from a distance it is a strikingly photo-real image. You did a great job on both of these.

Lima
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
JB, fantastic work. It reminds me of Vick Muniz.

ScottF
12-30-2009, 10:48 AM
That mosaic version is incredibly good, jbyr! Donīt worry about using AR2.5. The work is the work; it doesnīt matter the program.

Iīm currently finishing my last 2.5 work (I think :)) and donīt want to start fiddling with 3.0 until I get it done. Iīve got AR3SP loaded and updated, but I havenīt ventured into the "brave new world" yet.

Great work!!!!

jbyrjbyr1
01-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Thanks to all of you for the encouraging words here and throughout the year. Coming to art relatively recently and with no training (hands-on in early 2008 with AR several months later), the friendly helpfullness of this forum (to say nothing of the incredible art works I've been able to enjoy, study and learn from) has been a huge factor in whatever accomplishments I may have made.

Here's to a great and creative 2010 for all of us!:D

jb

AT-TA
01-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Hello jbyr, you made such a nice pice of art, it spells oroginality and creativity. I like both of them, but if i had to buy, would take the first one also, i think because of the texture. I sometimes use the tube also, then i fell like a kid plastering the colors around....

Happy new Year to you!

Evart
01-01-2010, 08:28 AM
I like it :)