PDA

View Full Version : My First one..so please don't laugh:-)

lattee
12-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi, This is the very first picture I made in Artrage and also the first one I created using tablet. I would appreciate your feedback and please don't be to hard for me as I know it is far from perfection:).

Alexandra
12-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

DigitalViscosity
12-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Laugh! Thats impossible for something this great on your maiden post its way better then my first! haha I love the colors and the moon

Aged P
12-29-2009, 11:39 AM
It's got depth, it's got three dimensions, it's got strong pleasing colours.

Some people never achieve that.:)

Keep on posting you've made a great start.:):)

Phil

PowerBomb Yo
12-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I would say that your choice of colors is great! Dark and bold, I think it looks good.

Judith Tramayne
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
I love the face in the sky...very delicate! And the nice thing about this forum, everybody is supportive!

Judith

Rob in Denver
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
As you see, this group is always kind and encouraging, and in your case there is no need for false praise, you are off to a better start than most! I would not have guess it as being your first effort--it looks really good,-- you obviously have spent some time with "real" canvas and paints and it shows! Welcome to the forum here.

billbonds
12-29-2009, 01:19 PM
It's a very nice painting. Lots of nice color. :):):)

byroncallas
12-29-2009, 01:30 PM
What fun colors and design. Welcome. Post many more paintings. And you tell us what you think of our paintings too. We'd all love to hear from you. :)

Lee
12-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Dear Lattee, Hello!!! think it is beautiful!!! very dreamy,,, lots of movement even though it is still, lovely colors, good job!!!:)

lattee
12-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Thank you so much:), I didn't expect so many nice comments ( actually I didn't expect any nice comments at all:D).

You really know how to welcome a new forum member:)
Thank you again for your support and for the way you encouraged me to paint more:):)

I would appreciate though if someone could critisize me a bit please;);)

sandyg
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Welcome Latee, I'm not going to criticize either, I know this is a very good first offering, I particularly like the face in the sky.
Welcome to the Art rage community.
Sandyg.

Eileen724
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
Hey, Lattee, it's hard to criticize your work since it is unique and very much your style! It's a fantasy piece that evokes the viewer to wonder and imagine what the story is behind it. That is what every good artists hopes to make happen and you've done it! The colors you've chosen are lively and bright and is so pleasing to the eye! Great job and looking forward to seeing more from you! Welcome to ArtRage and this forum!!!

TinaQ
12-30-2009, 01:50 AM
I happen to adore it! Awesome colors..very vibrant..love the movement in the mountains..I think it is a great first one!! Keep it coming

Khalid_ipda
12-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Welcome Latee, for me this is very nice painting you've done. Great work.:):):)

foxytocin
12-30-2009, 02:13 AM
By criticism, you're looking for constructive criticism, correct?
Like the others, I have nothing to offer to you other than that I find the image very attractive. Are you pleased with it?

Sketchism71
12-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Excellent post lattee! Welcome to the forum. It's quite rare to get a lot of criticism on a painting especially in the gallery section here. The art posted throughout this site is so varied that criticism really depends on what type of final product it is that you are looking to achieve. If you would like suggestions on technique or interested in improving a specific skill, the Critique section is a great place to post. Fewer people view images there and the response usually is not as large but the input given there is usually very helpful and gentle!;) The Tips and Tricks section is another area to get a lot of really helpful suggestions.:)

Bobbi
12-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Lattee, I think you will find that no one laughs at anyone's attempts with Art Rage. Unless, the picture is meant to be funny or cute. We all know that you have to just start and dive in. The more you do the more your confidence will build. And don't ever think any of what you do is supposed to be tedious. Have fun with it. When you were very young and you got a pencil or crayons in your hands, did you worry about what you were drawing? Most likely not, you just enjoyed what you could do with that crayon or pencil. So, enjoy the creative process and above all have fun and post what you are doing. We will enjoy what you are doing together. :D:D

Briex
12-30-2009, 08:06 AM
This painting is fantastic and you know why? Because you did it with your heart and soul. Don't strive to perfection. Art doesn't need perfection, art needs to be driven by emotion. I'm always proud to everybody who paints or draws. People who do not draw or paint and say that they cannot paint or draw should try it and should overcome their shame...and then they discover how much joy drawing and painting can bring in their life.

I like every painting and drawing I see on this forum: some more, some less. Lattee, keep on painting and let nothing stop you to paint. Looking forward to your next art.

ScottF
12-30-2009, 08:14 AM
As others have already said, nothing to laugh at here! This is a very fine first effort. Love the colors and the face in the clouds. Letīs see some more soon!