PDA

View Full Version : Sticker Mountain Scene

yujade
12-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Made almost completely with stickers. Inspired by a Bob Ross project.
Enjoy!

RobertSWade
12-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Bob would be proud to see his teachings being put to such a successful outcome.
Welcome to here, Yujade. :)

byroncallas
12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Excellent - I think a magnificent example of applying the sticker capabilities to making paintings. And yes, old Bob would have loved this no doubt.

Welcome to the forums. I love your first entry and how you made it. :):):)

Bumble
12-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow...that is beautiful:eek::):)

Ann Timmy
12-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Very lovely, beutiful colors. So well done. :)

Valerie
12-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Wow this is outstanding. Just Beautiful

D Akey
12-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Nice work for sure!

Interesting how you draw our full attention to the mountain, as if this were the perspective of climbers. The hut is merely incidental to the painting.

I love the detail. It's both delicate and broad.

Wonderful. :):):)

Taron
12-29-2009, 12:25 AM
AH! I can't believe you've done this just now, haha! I was about to goof around with the exact same idea after having discovered that german TV is still running the "joy of painting" everyday.

GREAT JOB! :D

saddy
12-29-2009, 12:33 AM
:eek: ... awesome view and work! It's absolutely lovely!! :)

and welcome to the forums!!:p

TinaQ
12-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Awesome...amazing details!! GREAT job!!

Eileen724
12-29-2009, 03:23 AM
This is just amazing, Yujade....beautiful in every sense of the word and how I loved to watch Bob Ross paint on tv!!! You've done him proud! It's so hard for me to imagine how you've accomplished this with stickers only but I haven't had the chance to even work with the stickers on AR3 yet....maybe soon!!!

Welcome to ArtRage and this forum!!!

coops
12-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Thats lovely Yujade and I remember Bob R so well. Spent many a day watching him and you have done him proud.:)

hanzz
12-29-2009, 04:27 AM
This is a wonderful painting.A ArtRage MasterWork for sure !
I would love to see this evolve step by step !
Would you have saved it in different steps?

yujade
12-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Surely you are the most encouraging forum there is! I have been waiting for Artrage 3 hoping for some way to use custom brush images with smearing paint, and also to be able to have realistic dabs. Stickers have proved a breakthrough tool for that. Though they don't seem to smear paint in and of themselves, I have used a few tricks to help. First, I have a collection of brush images I made a couple of years ago to use in a paint program I was developing but never finished. Fan, 1inch brush, Rossian knife smears. I imported those into sticker sheets. Then I used preserve transparency in many cases to overpaint the sticker with oil brush+knife. I like the results. :) I hope to make my stickers available to you all. It really isn't too hard to make a picture like this, using Artrage 3! I will be painting more, and exploring stickers more. Maybe I will save some intermediate steps, too. It is certainly exciting what can be done now....

Alexandra
12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Outstanding!:):):)

pai
12-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Stunning and you have just demonstrated the powerful of AR3 stickers. Masterpiece. Just so beautifully done. :)