PDA

View Full Version : Truckin' West - Animated Demo Added - PLEASE WATCH

L Skylar Brown
12-28-2009, 05:19 AM
This is a sight that many of us have seen - maybe not so idealized - an abondoned truck left to rust away. Like old cowboys, Old trucks don't die, they're just left behind.
Sorry for the upload glitch, I have a glitch in my get-a-long!
Here is a link to time-lapse demo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZo9sANwec

hanzz
12-28-2009, 06:10 AM
Have this one printed on canvas,frame it, and be proud of this, hanging in your living room, for the rest of your life.
You really did it !:cool::cool::cool::cool:

L Skylar Brown
12-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Hanzz - I'm so glad you appreciate this. I have a personal fondness for old trucks, no matter what condition. (I drive a '64 Chevy pick-up)

ScottF
12-28-2009, 07:39 AM
What a fine, fine piece, Skylar! Itīs the kind of scene that Iīve seen many times. (I spent a number of years studying and working in West Texas.) I always love seeing and painting vintage scenes.

foxytocin
12-28-2009, 07:48 AM
The subject is, to me, an icon of rural areas.....the tones and mood of your image are spot-on.

byroncallas
12-28-2009, 07:50 AM
LSB - really is a masterpiece. I seem to be following on Hanzz's heels a lot lately, but I echo his sentiments to the T. :)

saddy
12-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Great painting! :)

Khalid_ipda
12-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Wow...beautiful, Brown...don't care about an abondoned truck, but focus on your artwork in painting, very nice.

Valerie
12-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Skylar this is terrific I remember these old trucks.

Rob in Denver
12-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Your painting here is so evocative. Very nice one indeed. Todays cars will not look so great rusting out by the side of the road!

Lima
12-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Brown, a work of art. Beautiful in every way. This image brings me to many, many years ago, when I was a kid.:eek:

Juz
12-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Stunning colour palette in this piece Skylar, love the warmth.. i could stare at those clouds for hours :)

raybeau528
12-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Stunning! Beautiful colors!

RobertSWade
12-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Once it was someone's pride and joy, fresh off the showroom floor all shiney and clean with that unmistakable aroma of newness. It arrived in the driveway amid a chorus of Ooos and Ahs where the envious looks of the neighbors were no match for the prideful look in the eyes of its excited owner.
Through the years it was first pampered, then depended on, then taken for granted, and finally subjected to the ignominy of being passed from hand to ever less attentive hand, never complaining, seldom requiring attention, but growing ever less appreciated until one day the years of neglect took their toll and in a shameless act of faithlessness it was deemed to be unworthy of further effort or expense.
Yet even in abandonment it maintains an air of pride and even of hope. Pride of heritage and hope of reprieve. Until then it waits, keeping vigil in its aerie loft until the eye of a worthy beholder can see beneath the faded glory of paint and chrome, dulled but not yet defeated.
Beautiful work Skylar.

DMerchen
12-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Beautiful image you have captured here. Love those old trucks!!

Bumble
12-28-2009, 04:42 PM
Excellent Painting....beautiful:):):)

screenpainter
12-28-2009, 05:11 PM
really beautiful. It looks so much like it was done in real medium.

coops
12-29-2009, 03:41 AM
Skylar you are one talented person. This is terrific.:)

Alexandra
12-29-2009, 03:46 AM
I have a thing for '57 Chevy's, I have a thing for screaming guitars...oh darn it, how does the Clapton song go?
Anyway Skylar...........I love love this painting!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

L Skylar Brown
12-29-2009, 04:26 AM
Boy, Go away for a day, and anything can happen!
Matthew,Byron,Saddy,Val,RayBeau,DM,Bubble Coops - Thank you all for your kind words!
Scott - Nostalia comes easy at my age! Thanks.
Foxy - To make this truly Iconic, I think I need to paint a Trailer behind!
Khalid - I think the truck thing is American. We love our vehicles.
Rob - You're right, a new car willl not age as well.
Ori - Ah, yes. When we were the Boys of Summer!
Juz - I kept the palette close to evoke a mood.
RobertSW- What can I say?! Nothing would be as eloquent as your words. Damn near choked me up there, son!
GZ- Thanks. The goal with my work is to look totally old school.
Alex- That Song eludes me too, but I know what you mean. Thanks!

RobertSWade
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
RobertSW- What can I say?! Nothing would be as eloquent as your words. Damn near choked me up there, son!

Skylar, feel free to use the words with the image if and however you chose. I'm glad they touched you. :)

pai
12-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Have this one printed on canvas,frame it, and be proud of this, hanging in your living room, for the rest of your life.

I echoed that. It's very beautiful painting. :)

L Skylar Brown
12-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Pai - Thank you so much. This is one of my personal favorites. And I just may do that! This was created with AR 2.5

mannafig
12-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Looks great:):)

L Skylar Brown
12-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Here is a link to some of my vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSSPp4-syy4

carlcath
01-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I really liked this when you posted it back in early December, and did not say anything. Seeing it again reminded me. this is a really nice piece of work.
Have you ever tried printing them out of canvas. I have done a number of them from PhotoShop but they do not show the paint strokes like this has.
Curious to know if the paint strokes show up when printed on canvas.

L Skylar Brown
01-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Carlcath- I routinely have my sold works printed, many on canvas. If on paper, I leave the canvas effect in the background. When an image is to be giclee printed onto canvas, that feature is removed. It wouldn't do to have a printed canvas texture on top of an authentic one. As far as posting Before, unless you mean in another forum, I posted this on the 27th as far as I remember. Thanks so much for your comments and inquiry. Keep Painting!

L Skylar Brown
01-03-2010, 07:21 AM
I have added a link to time-lapse demo:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZo9sANwec

Eileen724
01-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Incredible videos, Skylar....I watched all of your videos and I am not only amazed and in awe of your paintings but of the videos themselves - so professionally done! Way to go!!!

L Skylar Brown
01-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Eileen - You sweet girl! You have made my day! Thanks so much for doing that. I have just started putting links from the paintings to the demos. I don't do one for every piece. I get going on painting, and forget to do sequential shots.

Aunt_Betsy
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Great Video! I really like seeing how you approach doing a painting. Love the end results.:)

Albert
01-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Very good indeed.......I enjoyed your youtube as well.

L Skylar Brown
01-04-2010, 04:31 AM
Betsy, Albert- Thanks so much for your comments. I'm especially pleased you took the time to view my little demo!