PDA

View Full Version : watercolors _(update)Feb 22, 2010

Dany51
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
I did two doodles this evening, one on an canvas and the other on paper,
simple imaginary landscapes.

I have to say that yesterday I was very sad about how slow and difficult was the work with the all watercolor tools,
I did reinstalled my tablet (actually I work for few days with the Bamboo) and
the pressure response came back and also I was astonished how much faster the brush move on the canvas even on big sizes,
now I can say , it works,
even if my watercolors look more as gouache , it doesn't matter ,
I think the effects are there to be used.

JosepM
12-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Interesting result. Can you post the values for the watercolor and canvas you used in both examples?

Dany51
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't understand your question.

L Skylar Brown
12-21-2009, 02:04 PM
They're both Excellent first trys. I like #2 better.

Alexandra
12-21-2009, 02:08 PM
I really like number two-really nice.:)

sandyg
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Yep Danny I too prefer 2 looks like a big wave.
Sandyg.

Dany51
12-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Skylar, Alexandra and Sandy, thank you for your kind comments;
I do prefer also the second one,
still I find that it have the lack of some more highlights ,
it remain a doodle.
All the best and hope to see more watercolors around.

Dany51
12-23-2009, 04:40 PM
I used for this image a doodle done in another soft,
few layers using different crayons and the watercolor blending.

Dany51
12-23-2009, 04:44 PM
This is an image using the little stickers :)

Dany51
12-25-2009, 10:01 AM
still watercolors !

merry and peaceful Christmas night !

Evart
12-25-2009, 10:06 AM
This is very nice. I like the bright colors. Blue is one of my favorite colors :)

Dany51
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Thank you Evart !

pai
12-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I like to see your watercolor style paintings and your great use of textures. Interesting to see how you made use of the stickers into watercolor. Espeically like your second one (looks like abstract sea waves) and the last flower painting. Glad to see you are having fun and experimenting in AR3. Merry Christmas to you, Dany. :)

Dany51
12-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Thank you Pai, I thought that everybody forget about me ,
I am glad you like my doodles, the lilies I did them few hours ago before to live for the midnight Mass , it was rainy one way and very cold when came back.

I don't have so much time to experiment or to see what is done , I just discovered new interesting threads but all this is too much for me,
at least in this moment .

Merry Christmas !

Dany51
12-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I am not a watercolorists but now I feel even harder the task,
I just try to see how to use the brushes and how to find new settings,
is long and I am not sure to find actually very quickly what is more convenient.

This is a quick sketch done with big brushes , at least is clean enough,
in fact I spend all my time on a doodle with all kind of settings and is too messy to show it, this one was done at the end in ten minutes or so and i was very tired of watercolors for the moment.:o

byroncallas
12-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey, how did I miss this thread. Dany, there is wonderful stuff here - and a fine running thread to. I like all you've got going on in here with your fun experiments. :)

Dany51
12-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Actually I don't find that much fun, I will be glad to see others people
results with watercolor brushes,
no doubt some more changes will come in time but for the moment I don't see much use of this medium.

D Akey
12-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Such noteworthy range and skill, Dany!!!!

I can hardly believe that you can say that you don't much like the watercolor tool when you can produce some of the finest work done in it.

I always love your work. But I really love what you've done with it. I especially like your flowers. But the other work is great too.

Can't wait to see more using whatever tools you choose. I'm sure it will carry your characteristic artistry. :):):):):)

pai
12-31-2009, 07:25 PM
hi dany, i don't know what real watercolor looks like and how it's actually work or feel, but i found out your recent paintings and especially last one are so different the way you painted. it's more soft, smooth and dream-like. feel that your brush strokes are flying with what's in your mind. to me, it's a beautiful piece. hope to see more. :):)

screenpainter
12-31-2009, 07:52 PM
oh what a pleasure to see your work in watercolors. I really liked.
I really like the one with stickers very much and was very pleased to see that one!
A great thread of your recent works... filled with much beauty.

Dany51
12-31-2009, 11:03 PM
@ DA I am very impressed how you find the words to encourage people like that, you have a very great heart generosity and it works,
I really felt a bit less depressed in front of the watercolor settings and presets.:) Now I lost myself in the land of ff filters, is fantastic all that,
I am so sorry that it work very slowly with AR3 and only few filters work correctly, now that we have a better soft we want it even better of couse.
Happy New Year D Akey and God bless you :):):)

@ pai I am not a watercolor woman neither but I try to improve myself as much as I can, any advise is welcome.I am really glad that you like a bit what I did, we have to have patience I think .
Happy New Year Pai, all the best my friend :):):)

@ GZ The one with stickers I like it too but unhappily a part of the light brushes was done in another program ,
the lily painting was done entirely in AR3. Thank you very much and excuse me if I am not able to be very active on the forum I have too much to do this days and my health is not going very well neither but I do my best and what I can, hope you both take a look to the photos from time to time and I wish to be able to make eventually a good surprise in January, if i am not too slowly to work and if I don't spend too much time with filters and presets. Happy New Year and good paintings !:):):)

Dany51
12-31-2009, 11:13 PM
I tried this morning to use some filters with AR3 but I loose two times my little doodles :o, then, I get just a very simple card for my wishes.:):):):)

flyashy
12-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Great watercolors Dany, & a happy new year to you too!

A question, when you say the watercolor brushes move smoothly, at what size of brush were you talking about? I find that my watercolor brush lags at above 50% of size..

pai
12-31-2009, 11:30 PM
So beautiful 2010 card, Dany. I like the color palette and your composition of this. Happy New Year to you too and thanks for this great painting. I really like it. It shines and so joyful is what I feel from it. :):)

Dany51
12-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Thank you flyashy , Happy New Year to You ! :)

Well the brushes are slow down not only by the size,
I think in fact that the most important factor on that is the pressure but I am not sure. I can have a smooth brush even on a bigger size , I think the dry ones go faster but well... it have to be wet sometimes, all that is too difficult to me !:confused::)

Dany51
01-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you Pai , all the best !:):):):)

Dany51
01-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I thing is getting better my small understanding about settings :)

I did this imaginary landscape only with pens, watercolor and a bit of blurry knife. I hope you will like it, I know is some kind of too bright;
worked on a small screen .

byroncallas
01-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Happy New Year Dany,

And I tell you unequivocally, there is no such thing as too bright. (Well, anyway, it sounds catchy.:D:D)

I'm enjoying your cool thread and your travels in it. :):):):):):):)

coops
01-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Happy New Year Dany and wow so many wonderful paintings to look at. Your really getting to grips with the watercolours:) The card is beautiful

Dany51
01-02-2010, 01:42 AM
@ byron : sure the expression wasn't exactly what I wanted to say but you catch the meaning :D:)
@Katie : thank you, I am glad you look at them, is some kind of childish but it gos faster for the technique :)

Again, Happy New Year to both !

Dany51
01-02-2010, 01:43 AM
This is perhaps a bit better :

pai
01-02-2010, 01:54 AM
To me, I don't think it's too bright or it's childish. Both versions give different feel. Actually I found it these paintings have more contrast than your usual way to apply the paint. I quite like your first one, the texture and the detail drawing make this place like a lovely dreamland/fairyland, very joyful. The second one looks more abstract style and it gives me like a place in your memory. Always love your choice of color palette. :):)

Dany51
01-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Thank You Pai,for the second one I use filters and stickers, all this is done not really for the content but for the search of the technique,of cause.:)

Dany51
01-07-2010, 12:47 AM
I was trying to work with watercolors and selections this morning.

I have a very hard cold from three days now and I am exhausted but I was listening to Lhasa songs (I Just discover his voice) and
the doodle transform itself in few variants.

Please excuse me for my poor contribution but I am actually in a very minimalist life.

Here are the variants :

Khalid_ipda
01-07-2010, 04:07 AM
Woow...wonderful, wonderful. All paintings are beautiful . Good work with watercolor.:):):)

Dany51
01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Thank you Khalid !:):):)

The last one I used a filter also. I am not really very good in watercolors,
they tend to be more like gouache or oil in what I am doing,
I generally need more consistency and watercolor is about light colors !!!

DMerchen
01-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Dany, wonderful images. Great mini gallery!:D

Dany51
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Dave, is not really a mini gallery as is not a finished work and don't take it for a finished work,
is more trying different tools and mainly watercolors, I thing people can see eventually ideas, what they can do and what they don't want to do,
all is not positive for each one , is more about precise ideas,
a filter, a tool size, a color, things like that,
I don't actually added too much text but eventually if I recover my energy I will may be more loquacious.

I find a good idea to regroup files related to ideas, it became more compact and much easy to follow the work in case but I don't think I will go too much further on this one.

I am glad you appreciate my doodles :)

pai
01-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Dany, the last one is just so beautifully painted. Really love the composition and very fine work on the rose. :):)

Dany51
02-19-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks Pai , I hope you are well !!:):)

Dany51
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Today I tried to create my own watercolor supplies with real watercolors.

Except the bee brush everything is watercolor,
the background and the other layers.

I ad also the watercolor background, free to use for you if you wish.
(The background was loaded first because is a bigger size I believe)

jibes
02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Great thread Dany. I'll have to look into the wc tools. Excellent images.

Dany51
02-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks jibes,
the background that I speak about is the simple image, first one , in here,
is all covered but more or less neutral and if you want more wait in it you can have all kind of layers layers.:)

Dany51
02-21-2010, 02:21 PM
I was doing all my life a precise work of painting and now, I feel like retired from that,
You may observed that I do actually all kind of weird paintings, I just exercise for more freedom as I didn't have it but I realize that even in this Forum people like more classical painting.

I tried to do something more figurative,
I use a reference, watercolor, crayon, pastel(chalk) and a light effect,
the result is not very traditional neither ,
I just finished it !:)

Dany51
02-22-2010, 10:54 PM
A more compact watercolor, many layers and divers settings.
The landscape is more or less abstract,
is a second variant, the first one I lost it when I tried to merge layers,
all vanished !!
I used just a little bit of airbrush in the corners to make a more soft and
precise transition.