PDA

View Full Version : Intuos3 button settings for Artrage

nedsez
12-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi all from nedsez
I wonder if some of kind people would like to share the way you have your Intuos3 buttons set up for ease of use.

All the Very Best
Nedsez

Juz
12-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Hiya Nedsez,
I'm installing and uninstalling betas often at the moment and have just put on a new wacom driver, so i've not set this up for my apps as of yet, but here is something i would typically have as my setup

If you're on a mac substitute, 'command' for 'ctrl' and 'option' for where i have 'alt'

The left column i leave pretty much as the modifier keys which are used often in conjunction with the pen and as i'm right handed these are best on my opposite hand. I change the pan/scroll option to the spacebar using 'keystroke' from the dropdown, hitting the spacebar then OK and then naming it spacebar so it makes sense.
The reason i have the spacebar is if i'm working on something and constantly accidently knocking the rocker button on the pen itself, i can go in and disable the pen buttons quickly and use the spacebar shortcut with the pen to move my canvas around.

On the right column i have zoom in, zoom out, undo and save as.
Zoom in: select keystroke from the dropdown, hit CTRL SHIFT +, for the zoom in shortcut and name
Zoom out: select keystroke, CTRL -, and name
Undo: keystroke, Ctrl z, and name
Save As: keystroke, Ctrl SHIFT S, name

In artrage its just as easy to use the - and + in the menu to zoom in and out so you may like to have something else there depending on what you use the most when working, eg/ CTRL L to add a new layer. I'm just used to it being that way from other software i use.

Hope this is helpful :)

nedsez
12-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi Juz
Thanks for your info
I'll try setting my intuos3 using some of your suggetions.

All the Very Best
Nedsez

Juz
12-09-2009, 04:11 AM
You are most welcome Nedsez :)
Lemme know if you have questions or comments