PDA

View Full Version : Fashmir's Fur Stickers!!! What fun!!!

Fashmir
12-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I had so much fun developing these and I'm happy to say they have been selected for inclusion in the program when it ships! Too exciting. :D:D:D

Juz
12-02-2009, 08:13 PM
This are absolutely gorgeous Fashmir... i'm betting an entire zoo of marvelous and magical critters will stem from these valuable resources :)

pai
12-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Fashmir, you are master of fur now. I hardly can breathe now after seeing one by one beta paintings in this gallery..ha..ha. Amazing, awesome with all these dofferemt furs strokes you developed. One more incredible thing is these fur have all 3D effects and volumen. My mind keeps expanding too...LOL.:)

Peter Pinckney
12-02-2009, 08:21 PM
These are absolutely brilliant.................they make anything possible!

Sethren
12-02-2009, 08:24 PM
No way man!!! :eek:

Bet one can do long hair to. :D

byroncallas
12-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Excellent Fashmir. Very cool. :cool:

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
When I saw these I understood what making stickers is really about. Fantastic Fashmir. The possibilities are endless. You are a master brush maker.

Aged P
12-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi Fashmir,

Brilliant tools!

I think perhaps something needs spelling out to those who haven't seen these before.

You stick these on the end of a virtual brush and paint with them!

There are all ready hundeds of variations available and several people who share Fashmir's technical skill and artistic flair are stockpiling new ones even as we speak!:)

Buy the top version and you can make them too.:D

Personally, I will sit back and drop hints to the Sticker Meisters in a hopeful sort of way.;)

For now I just want to get on with ordinary painting again. I might do a self portrait using the Sparse Hair brush.:(:)

Phil

Ann Timmy
12-03-2009, 05:03 AM
How great. Aged P, thanks for your explanation. :)
What cool new tools. :):eek::)

Docsmith626
12-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Picture the art explosion when all these stickers make their way into the Art Supplies forum.

Alexandra
12-03-2009, 07:11 AM
These are fantastic! I am really looking forward to the new software. Great job Fashmir.

Fashmir
12-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Juz- Thanks. I'm hoping you are right about the zoo expansion. :)

pai- Thanks so much. I tell you painting with the sticker spray is soooo much fun! You are going to love it!

Peter- Thanks for that. Stickers have indeed opened up a very wide set of possibilities for ArtRagers.

Sethren- Yes way! :D I have not tried long hair using this tool yet but the creative possibilities with the new tool set are vast.

Byron- Thanks man. :)

Albert (GZ)- You know it's funny, I used to think the brush engine in Adobe PS was the absolute limit. I then began to hit limits and although there is power there no doubt, this sticker thing is amazing me. I predict that this tool set is destined for digital art history books. Thanks man.

Aged P- Phil I'm glad you stepped in and gave an explanation. I forgot that it may not be clear at a glance what is going on with the stickers. Sparse hair brush- bah! Go for the gusto Phil, use the bear fur, you know you want to. :D

Ann Timmy- An exciting time to be getting after ArtRage for sure. The Ambient Design team has really broken their own molds and sculpted something entirely new this time out. You're gonna have so much fun. :D

Doc- <voice of animal from the muppets> Haaaaaaaa... you funny. Me like. </voice of animal from the muppets>

Alexandra- Thanks so much. :D Get ready for good times in the ArtRage world.

Rose- Warm fuzzies for sure. :) They are addicting to play with. I keep wanting to take the time to make a serious image with the fur but I just keep making fuzzy fun toys. LOL

Sethren
12-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Indeed, i bet the long hair should not be to hard to do, heheheh. :cool:

screenpainter
12-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Just had to add...I really like and appreciate the way you broke down fur to the basic elemental strands and made the brush that way. It is really ingenious. These are so much fun to play with. They are just amazing. there are going to be some amazing creatures made with these.

Belvrog
12-05-2009, 09:47 AM
These look fantastic Fashmir, congrats!!! Oh and thanks in advance. :p

funwulf
12-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Fantastic tool set, i will have my beard with that :)

damasocl
12-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Wow!
Excelent work!!!
Congratulations!!!

Fashmir
12-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Sethren- You may be right. Using this method as I've done for the fur would present the challenge of dealing with the turning radius. I'll have to do some testing. :)

Albert (GZ)- Thanks again. I did a good deal of experimentation a found that just knuckling down and making a fair few different strands of different shapes and weights made for the most natural looking result. I love that we can include subtle hue and value shifts into the brush graphic (sticker). Much more powerful than Adobe Photoshop's current brush engine. I truly hope that a great menagerie crops up. Perhaps when V3 finally goes live we should get a furry critter thread going in the Art Projects forum. :)

Rose- Yup, I'm loving Neil's sheep. :D Thanks for the warm fuzzies, I needed them today, I had to knock frost off my jeep for the trip to the studio this morning. Brrrrrrzzzzz.

Belvrog- :DThanks, thanks and you're welcome in advance. :D

funwulf- I'm glad you like them. I look forward to seeing your fine full beard. :)

damasocl- Thank you so much. Warm greetings. :)

Drayldan
12-26-2009, 03:39 PM
That's impressive fur collection, but what should I do to use them within the AR3 ??? :O

Docsmith626
12-26-2009, 07:36 PM
I made grass with it. Makes an excellent fine turf. :)

beachpony
12-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm a little confused here. :( If I upgrade to Artrage 3 will these fur stickers be included or are these just examples of stickers that one can create? My speciality is creating humorous pet and horse portraits. These fur stickers would be an awesome tool for my work!

Guess I haven't posted enough on this forum to post images. If you'd like to see my funny animals you can Google IMAGE my name and you'll be able to see a bunch of them (with links to the blog, etc. where they are from).

Thanks!
Joanne Stephens

hanzz
12-27-2009, 06:15 PM
These fur stickers and many more are included in the shiny new version of AR3 ! I'd say go for it ! you will love every stroke you make with it !

beachpony
12-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks Hanzz!

I downloaded the trial version and they aren't included.

I'll for sure get it now that I know there's fur! Yea!:D:D:D

Joanne

beachpony
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Just upgraded to Artrage 3. OMG! WOW! INSANE!:D:D:D

hanzz
12-27-2009, 09:58 PM
so, I guess we'll be seeing some fur paintings soon ?

byroncallas
12-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Beachpony, couldn't find your pics on line, but count on everyone is looking forward now to your furry posts. :):):)

Valerie
12-28-2009, 05:25 AM
These are fabulous.

beachpony
12-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks everyone! I was up half the night in "fur heaven"! OMG! I can't believe how many tools their are in this program!

Guess I still haven't posted enough here to attach a link to my work. When you see what I do you'll see why I'm going bonkers over this! :D Thanks Valerie. Guess you were able to find my animals.

I have a blog. It's my name Joanne Stephens, then dot, then blogspot, then the usual end to a web address that starts with c. No spaces. Also I have a website. It's JoAnnimals with the same usual ending that starts with c.

Can't wait to create the furriest of fur creatures and post them here!

Any other animal artists using this amazing new program here? I'd love to see your work!

Joanne :)

hanzz
12-28-2009, 07:37 AM
I'll do this for you...
Joanne's blog (http://joannestephens.blogspot.com/)
Joanne's site (http://www.joannimals.com/)

It's a fun place to browse. Great to have you here !!

Khalid_ipda
12-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Excellent Fashmir. This ideas can help our members to paint animals, etc. Thank you for producing new discoveries and sharing idea here.

foxytocin
12-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Fashmir, your contribution is going to be enjoyed by so many people.
And Joanne, your blog and website tagline is right....I can't imagine someone seeing those caricatures and not smiling.

beachpony
12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks Hanzz! Your work is amazing! Didn't know I'd find other caricature artists here. Geeze, we're everywhere! ;) We know alot of the same people. Small world! Are you a member if ISCA (formally NCN)? Great caricature group! Thanks for adding my blog to your list on your blog. I've got to figure out how to do that. I'll add yours too.

Foxytoxin: Thank you too. Glad I made you smile! :D Looked at your blog. Your paper dolls are adorable!

Fashmir: YOU DA' MAN!!!!!! Thank you sooooooooooooo much! You have answered my "fur dreams"! :D

Joanne

hanzz
12-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Didn't know I'd find other caricature artists here. Geeze, we're everywhere! ;) We know alot of the same people. Small world! Are you a member if ISCA (formally NCN)? Great caricature group! Thanks for adding my blog to your list on your blog. I've got to figure out how to do that. I'll add yours too.

We have Tel and BobRow and Nate too.also great artists. I used to be an NCN member. I like your blog !

beachpony
12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Hanzz,

Great caricature of ISCA (NCN) member of Brooke on your website! Did you do that using ArtRage?

Joanne:)