PDA

View Full Version : GZ paintings with ar3

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 06:59 AM
I had fun playing with the different tools... gloop is cool. This is watercolor and oil together.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:00 AM
this one supposed to be Bowie.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:04 AM
messing with the crayon and chalk together and a touch of watercolor too.

suziQ54241
12-02-2009, 07:05 AM
As always, great work my friend...

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:06 AM
this one chalks

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks Susan! Usually a bit different anyway. :)
Here's my Pollock with the gloop tool.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks Rose,

an abstract one:

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:16 AM
this one is a little stranger than usual

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:17 AM
fun with the wet blender. :)

Juz
12-02-2009, 07:20 AM
I love your work GZ
I'm a huge Bowie fan, have been lucky enough to see him 3 times in concert... recognised 'the thin white duke' b4 noticing your text above..
First painting is awesome... love that look
Lots of eyecatching stuff here... cant wait to see more :)

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Thanks Rose. This one mixed medium... hee.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks Juz. I am always pleased when people like my work. Surprised, yes,
but I still like to hear someone likes it. :)
This is done with chalk and oil. Oh a bit of violet and blue watercolor too before I knew how to paint with it.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:32 AM
abstract in oils or acrylic if you like.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:34 AM
experimenting with chalk and oil

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:38 AM
glitter and stuff with palette knife. :)

DMerchen
12-02-2009, 07:39 AM
I don't think I am seeing all of the paintings, but what I am seeing is truly inspiring.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks DMerchant... I hope you can see all images now. I had them linked to the beta forum... sorry... that doesn't work I found out. :o So had to go the manage attachment route. :)

falling asleep with the tv on... what it looks like. ha. :)
used the chalk tool.
oh and also used the new magic wand to select a white area on the left and the fill tool to fill it with black. nice new features. :)

byroncallas
12-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Albert, you already know how much I admire your work, but I'll say it here again for posterity. :) I really love the turn your work has taken in the last few months as you've dived into AR3 - the new freedom, movement, expressiveness, creative risks, emotion, and fine executions. Great stuff Albert - the right stuff for showcasing the new AR as well as your own fine talents. :):):)

Ann Timmy
12-02-2009, 07:59 AM
These are very lovely paintings ; creative; expressive; colorful. What a nice collection of work. :):)

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks Byron.
Thanks Ann.

a couple more doodles:
the vase is a combo of oil and watercolor. and the fishies are wc and using the wet blender in back to get a wet on wet effect

Silentman
12-02-2009, 09:26 AM
I really like you portraits, their not exact, their artistic, that's what i like about them most, you don't head for the photo look finish, you put lots of mood and emotion into your works and try to draw the viewer into your paintings :D

Lima
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
This AR3 is a winner soft. Your paintings with it gained some kind of life in the colors. Must say that your colors diferentiates your work. Very nice.

Alexandra
12-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Wow, Albert-these are fantastic and you've illustrated well the potential of AR3. Congratulations!:)

Boxy
12-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I've been looking out for your post all day GZ. I love it all. Great body of work!
Sav

pai
12-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Albert, these are great abstract paintings and the color palette you chose are awesome. And, I really like that two portraits you did. Very expressive and full of feelings there especially the girl one. Beautiful gallery.

byroncallas
12-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey Albert, just popping in for a second look today - so much good stuff you've got here. Thumbs up buddy. Really a great display. :)

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Thank you all for the really great comments! :eek: Much appreciated. You are all very kind. SM thanks for great comment, it's been fun to get to know you.
Thanks Oriane for your great comment and friendship.
Thank you Sandy. You are very kind and I am thankful.
Thanks Sav, like I mentioned before, it means a lot to have support from great artists like yourselves.
Thank you Pai very much for always being so supportive.
Thanks again Byron. Your comments have been great and made me feel very good. It means a lot.

And thanks to the programmers of this program and the rest of the team for letting us play with it.
And soon we all will have it. :)

There is so much to come from all the artists out there once they try this new toy you have made. Or should I say obsession. :) Congratulations to all of you! for a great program! I have said it will revolutionize the way we do art. It definitely will. Thank you for the hours and hours of hard work. You can pretend it is fun to program, :( but I only hope you get a big vacation and lots of other rewards too! We, like little kids, get to play after you did all the work. Though that doesn't seem quite fair... Thanks very much!

Jester2001
12-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Very cool experiments Albert! I liked the wet blender and chalk and oil ones the best.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks Jester! Here is a sticker I did in AR3. Even the type. :)

Squirls
12-02-2009, 04:39 PM
WOW! I am dying to play!!!! I love the water color/ oil mix! well best... they are all great!

Fashmir
12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Albert my friend, this is a great collection of works. Your exposure of the various tools in combination really stands out to me. Your sense of fun with the process reads through to the viewer. I get a heightened feeling of excitement and inspiration to play in AR3 after browsing your collection. These are good times man. :D

SCP
12-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey Albert,you have a wonderful collection so far,I'm looking forward to seeing what you will add next!;) That peeled sticker is a great idea:D
Keep up the great work mate!:)

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks Squirls! Much appreciated you stopping by.
Thank you Fashmir... great comment... coming from someone I would love to learn from.
Scott, thanks very much. I am going to add a few more that contain the mystery tool. :) :) :)

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
text as a brush... the possibilities are endless now with sticker spray.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
with another sticker I enjoy using... art triangles.

Juz
12-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Back again to see so much more. Wow GZ, i totally agree with Fashmir on your work. Your fearless approach to the tools shines and proffers up so many good ideas for further development This is something i need to train myself to do more :)

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks again Juz.
I did do a bunch of playing with the tools. There are a lot more I am not showing. :)
This is a cross hatch brush done with sticker spray. making the sticker took a few tries and about an hour... painting this pic with the brush... about 10 minutes. :) I eventually came up with an even better cross hatch brush.

screenpainter
12-02-2009, 08:14 PM
I made a sticker brush out of glitter and then made this quick abstract with it.
These take about 5 or 10 minutes to do with sticker spray.
sticker name: texture brush

ARTGEEK
12-03-2009, 08:35 PM
your works are amazing as always!!!!! Great stuff:):):)

screenpainter
12-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Thank you artgeek! I appreciate you liking.
An abstract done with some brushes I made in the sticker generator.
*edit: adding brush names back in: :)
cotton candy, dotsy, crosshatch, red squares, and blooming

Juz
12-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Love the new additions GZ
I'm trying to imagine how long that crosshatch piece would have taken without the glorious sticker spray tool... i shudder to think :)

The movement in the second piece is so gorgeous as is the colour (think this is my favorite of the new ones):)

The third one has some wildly inventive stickers, bold colour and movement again which is a staple in much of your work... would just be fabulous on a huge canvas:)

Love your original but informative names for stickers too

Caesar
12-04-2009, 09:51 PM
So many experiments, so much artistic value, such a feast of colours and tasty palettes as well as different subjects and genres!
Absolutely amazing, dear Albert!

screenpainter
12-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Thanks Juz, glad you came back for a visit. I edited the brush names back in.
Thank you Cesare, you are always kind and supportive. Much appreciated my friend. I am just playing with the program and usually have no idea what to paint.. so I play. :)

This is a sticker brush I made called wrapped candies. The top left is gloop and airbrush. :)

screenpainter
12-04-2009, 11:08 PM
another color doodling I made somewhere along the way. I did a lot of playing with the painting tools. This is playing with watercolor a bit. a little glitter, chalk and of course stickers too.

Lima
12-04-2009, 11:39 PM
GZ very nice. The crosshatch effect and watercolor playing is just so great. Congratulations.

Juz
12-05-2009, 01:47 AM
GZ.. they just keep getting better and better. Though you call these works 'just play' they all have your strong sense of design elements coming to the fore. This entire thread is like a case study as to how the sandbox approach to the tools can help one develop truely original and beautiful style. :)

screenpainter
12-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Thanks again Oriane.
Juz, thanks for coming to the sandbox and playing. :)

pai
12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Albert, these are all very unique your abstract style. I like so many of them, like the one you used letters, the polar bear, your creative cross-hatch portrait..and also the second last. Now, with AR3, you have no excuses not to post your great abstract and share with us. ;):)

sandyg
12-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Gzair, I've just gone through your thread, at this rate i'll be up all night, love the portrait with the crossthatch, you are certainly having fun testing. We're all looking forward to playing with 3.
Sandyg.

screenpainter
12-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you Pai. You are always kind.
Sandy, thank you. It will be very soon I think. I predict 5 days. We should start a wagering pool. :)

below: crosshatching inside a stencil attempted (unsuccessfully) but still it looked kind of cool to me on the monitor so I did a screenshot to make this art piece with the stencil frame included. :)

byroncallas
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Albert, these new additions are just fantastically beautiful. The color works is just so exquisite and the visual expressions are so full of life. This last with the bird is killer (I couldn't find the poop???) Great work - I'm bowled over my friend. Keep 'em coming. :):):):)

billbonds
12-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey man, some really good stuff. I like the one with the bird too - colors are geat. I like your whole collection here. :)

screenpainter
12-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Thank you Byron.
Thanks Billibonds, much appreciated your comment.

Belvrog
12-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Wow, fantastic range of paintings. I especially like "autumn-crayon-and-chalk", "thecreationofire" and "Claire". They are so beautifully done. "Claire" has a fantastic color palette.

Bumble
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
:Dgreat work as always Gz. I always enjoy seeing your work and I'm loving what you are doing with AR3:):)

byroncallas
12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Albert. Just settling in again for another look. I was sitting down with my wife Rosy, we were looking together at your entire thread with fresh eyes today. We were both commenting to each other about the richness of your collection here covering a range of subject matter and style, how consistently well each is executed, and while diverse how well they come together with a unique signature that is "Albert".

It's really quite rewarding seeing all the work together, providing a context that makes each painting a larger experience by virtue of it's place in a larger body of creative expressions. You have a collection here that I would much enjoy seeing displayed large in a museum setting. It really is a full experience to take the time and sit down with the collection rather than just flying through to make a quick comment in a post and move on. You've got a beautiful creative spirit that comes through with such broad emotional wonder by the time it becomes expressed in painted pixels. It makes spending time with your paintings a very worthwhile experience.

Bravo for an ever expanding body of terrific paintings, - coming both from me and my wife as admirers of your work. :):)

screenpainter
12-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks much Belvrog. I appreciate your comments very much and happy that you liked them.
Thanks Suzanne. You are so sweet and always encouraging.
Byron thank you and thank your lovely wife Rosy also for me. That's a wonderful comment and somewhat discombobulating as I am just really surprised. I must say I am pleased that people like my art at all. I feel so unskilled in drawing and painting. I know how I want to paint, but I never seem to get there. Having said that, thank you all for the encouragement and for enjoying.

finished another abstract I had started previously using sticker brushes:

Lima
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Wow Albert just so nice. Very interesting and great new possibilities with AR3.

pai
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I really like the last abstract one. Beautiful color and I like how you placed those shapes/forms. I guessed it's sticker brush again. ;):)

screenpainter
12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks Oriane,
Thanks Pai. Yes, those sticker shapes just come flying out like crazy with the object sprayer. Of course you can adjust the rate of flow and their size and also in the pro-version you can set your own ways (spray variables) they come out of the object sprayer. :) I wouldn't be able to place all those stickers by hand. In the object sprayer they come out quite rapidly and fill an area very quickly. You can also change from object spray to a rapid flowing brush in the pro version.

byroncallas
12-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Albert, another very fine abstract. Beautiful colors and a creative use of those stickers. Much like. :)

screenpainter
12-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks Byron. Now since you inspired me to pick up the gloop here is one I did this morning. I think this tool will have great potential in the hands of the right artist even for use in graphic novel illustrations. I am also imagining Speggie getting ahold of this tool. :)

byroncallas
12-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Fantastic Albert. Love it, love it. Dynamic and arresting.

Let the glooping games begin.

And yes, Speggie is the right choice; I'm prepared to be blown away.

Go Albert go........:D:):):):):D

Juz
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM
That is glooptastic my friend, hey i think you're the right artist for this tool too :):D
@Byron, you've started the gloopmania mate :D

Jim Walsh
12-09-2009, 04:54 PM
GZ,
Wow! What a fantastic explosion of creativity and beauty. Just great. Really enjoyed my visit.
Jim

screenpainter
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks Byron.
Thank you Juz.
And thanks Jim... thanks for visiting.

Sketchism71
12-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Albert these are fantastic! I didn't see them until tonight! Brilliant work!:eek:

SCP
12-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Great action in these Albert,the Gloop tool is fantastic fun !:D

screenpainter
12-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks much Sketch.
Thanks Scott. Yes, gloop is great fun and a great improvisational tool.

Caesar
12-10-2009, 03:17 AM
Dear Albert, You played wonderfully with the rich chromatism of ArtRage3 and Your experiments are all artpieces, no one excluded!

mannafig
12-10-2009, 05:08 AM
These are some stunnig experiments Gz:):)

screenpainter
12-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks very much Cesare. Glad you enjoyed.
Thank you Manna. I am glad you liked my experiments. :)

Lima
12-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Gzair another beautiful abstract with this new technique. Congratulations.

screenpainter
12-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks Oriane for visiting and for your comment.

hibebebebe
12-10-2009, 04:45 PM
great thread. all great stuff.

wenkat
12-10-2009, 05:13 PM
I just wonder why we have been deprived of all these eye candies all along! I feel like finding a hidden treasure and have it all for myself!:):):)

pai
12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
.... I think this tool will have great potential in the hands of the right artist even for use in graphic novel illustrations....

By seeing all the abstract paintings from AR2 to AR3 for you, I am sure this new tool is already in one of the "RIGHT" artists, which is you, Albert. :):)

I really like your last one too. It gives me the feel of "connection" or "web" but everyone sees differently. More...:p

suziQ54241
12-11-2009, 01:45 PM
WOW Great works Albert, I had missed many in the last couple of days. I love how you make the gloop tool look and everything you do, weather abstract or not is just so professional and terrific. (Love the Hot Stuff sticker too!) You are Hot Stuff.

screenpainter
12-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks hibebebebe, much appreciate your visit and comment.
Thanks Wenkat. Thanks for great comment.
Thank you Pai, I am glad you enjoyed and you are very kind always.
Thanks Susan I am very happy you liked. Thanks for visiting. Right back at ya on the hot stuff. :)

screenpainter
12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
another stickers abstract doodle.

screenpainter
12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
here used stickers and then made stencils from stickers and then painted inside the sticker stencil.

suziQ54241
12-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Cool idea, great greeting card look!

Eileen724
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Each and everyone of your pieces of art are beautiful and delightful to look at! Like Bryon's thread of his ArtRage3 paintings, it overwhelms me on the beautiful and unique artwork that has come out using ArtRage3. Your artwork is a total wonderment for me indeed! I can't wait to see more from you and others!!!

screenpainter
12-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks Susan. Yes, or scrap booking!
Thanks Eileen! I am happy you liked. I think the new version is the cure for artist's block for sure. :)

silvy
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Really an amazing gallery GZ:):):)
I had not seen yet.....I'm speechless. You're a great artist and I hope to see more and more and more from your talent

Boxy
12-13-2009, 09:51 PM
More great stuff!
Keep them coming GZ

screenpainter
12-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you Silvy. You are such a sweet person. Always encouraging.
Thank you Boxy. Much appreciated your visit again.
Sweedie, I am glad you enjoyed looking at my experiments and doodles. :)

funwulf
12-14-2009, 02:30 PM
amazing collection Gz, i really love the cars and the blueish one, all of these pull my imagination to somewhere...combined with "gunners dream" i'm not aware if there is time.

pai
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I love the last one. Very great composition and interesting on those little different stickers. :)

screenpainter
12-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks funwolf! GI am happy that you enjoyed them.
Thank you Pai. (and can you read that Chinese?) It's supposed to be a joke. :)
Probably doesn't come out right in translation.
Thanks Matthew! Appreciate your comment.

Caesar
12-14-2009, 10:01 PM
These last symphonies around a main hue are absolutely delicious and elegant, dear Albert!

byroncallas
12-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Albert, wonderful new work. And some very creative ideas using stickers - you're giving me many ideas. Indeed, your paintings inspire a lot of new possibilities, especially as you take advantage of the AR3's new capabilities. Cool stuff. :)

Lima
12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Albert the latest additions are simply beautiful. Very nice. I liked the details and the colors of the two paintings.

SCP
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Very nice to catchup on your AR3 Gallery,lots to take in and admire,wonderful work Albert.:)

screenpainter
12-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks Cesare for visit and comment. Much appreciated. :)
Many thanks Byron. Thanks for looking. :)
Thank you Oriane.
Thanks Scott.
Glad you both stopped by again. Much appreciated. :)

byroncallas
07-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Albert, I like this thread a LOT and thought to bump it back up for some new looks. I've come back to it a number of times for inspiration. :):):):)