PDA

View Full Version : Stilllife with daffodils.

waheednasir
10-08-2006, 08:43 AM
hello there...:). sharing my latest painting, a simple still life, painted using limited palette. ive kept it very painterly and suggestive, in an impressionistic manner, as i was in a mood for real oil painting...:).
its all self-visualised and composed. no reference used. painted using tablet.
seeing it from a distance of about 4 to 5 ft would be cool.

happy viewing...cheers...:).

speggie
10-08-2006, 08:57 AM
great daffs waheed .........pink ................cool idea ......another great piece matey .........love the light treatment on your vases .......top notch ........

Weeks
10-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Hehe Waheed.. 8)

What a nice painting.. Seems to be a 3D rendering, and in the same time very impressionistic. The light and the dark are characters too... :shock:

French expression : "Chapeau bas"....

Weeks

Selby
10-08-2006, 10:20 AM
its beautiful waheed...love the way you captured the tablecloths folds and the fallen petals...you never miss a thing

Selby

florida girl
10-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Hello Waheednasir,
What an impression you've made... You set a beautiful table of Daffodils before us... (Another Prism of Jewels)
They are almost as lovely as the flowers that were in the wedding we went to today.

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl 8)

waheednasir
10-08-2006, 07:47 PM
speggie, Weeks, Selby and florida girl...thank u so much for visiting and for your kind comments...im glad u all enjoy this...:).

hanzz
10-08-2006, 10:23 PM
"a simple still life"

I wish I could do simple like that....
it's brilliant. :!:

waheednasir
10-09-2006, 05:46 AM
hey hanzz...i know u can do that mate...:). i thank u for coming in and for admiring this.

ENCHANTER
10-09-2006, 08:30 PM
a simple brilliant still life!

l love the way the petals have fallen so naturally on the table :)

vulturemullet
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
I really love the reflections of the petals on the vase as well as your style in general. You always create such great pieces, all of your work seen so far is simply amazing.

Levent Suberk
10-10-2006, 12:31 AM
You had effort with it, but not good and monotone...

waheednasir
10-10-2006, 02:35 AM
ENCHANTER, vulturemullet...thank u so much...:). Levent Suberk, very sorry, i dont get what u mean, perhaps u didnt like it, sorry bout that. thanks for coming in though...:).

cheers.

D Akey
10-10-2006, 08:45 AM
I like this one.

Feels like it was handled a little like a tinted B&W photo. The limited palette lends it a certain soft romantic background feel. Not in your face at all.

I also like your flower paintings where you use a more varied palette. They pull the attention to them in a much more visually assertive way.

Good job in all cases.

Roache
10-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Waheed.. you never sease to amaze.

once again 2 thumbs up..

I think levent was saying there is not enough mid tones in your work.. which i STRONGLY disagree with. or maybe im wrong :roll:
top marks for your lighting, its what makes it so "punchy".

Levent maybe add some constructive critism rather than just saying "no good"

waheed.. i never replied to your last post.. just wanted to say thanks for your help. your Crit and advice on my last work was very helpfull

regards
Roache
:D

waheednasir
10-12-2006, 08:22 AM
many thanks d akey...for your kind comment and im happy u like this and my previous work as well...:). i really appreciate.

hey Roache, thanks a lot, for all that uve written. its nice to see u here with your latest posts, they are really good. and im so glad u like my work always...:).

best wishes...cheers.

CÚdric Trojani
10-12-2006, 09:29 AM
F A N T A S T I C
Can't say something else, everything is really good

hype
10-14-2006, 06:19 AM
there's nothing i can say that i haven't said before regarding your amazing work!
it's a pleasure to see your paintings. i still use them as my desktops at work. :D

Aged P
10-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Hi Waheed,

Beautiful work, as always.
Congratulations.

Phil

waheednasir
10-14-2006, 06:37 PM
thank u very much CÚdric...:).
thank u so much hype...great to know that my work reaches your destop...:).
many thanks Aged P...and its always good to see u...:).

good day.