PDA

View Full Version : elli portrait ......UPDATED

speggie
10-07-2006, 07:12 AM
working on this tonight ...looks ok so far still more to do though .....not really tried full bodie studies before trickier than i thought..WORKED ON ARMS MORE AND A FEW MORE TINKERINGS .......still dont like the arm though i feel its not to bad for a first full body attempt ....

D Akey
10-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Much more ambitious and pretty successful, speggie.

There are a couple things keeping the piece from working. Her right hand could do with a bit of structure. Since it is mostly in shadow, the only thing you need to fix on it are the finger lines. Where the shadows begin, it's a little too straight across. Normally there is a little arc to that across the knuckle area.

Her left arm (the vertical straight arm) has color and highlight problems. Because the color goes from one (flesh tone) to a completely different color (chocolate brown), it looks as if her arm is actually changing color rather than going into shadow.

The other thing is that the highlight and arm shape being as linear as it is, it's looking tubular. The bone and muscles in the elbow joint area are shaped differently from the rest. So the highlight should appear perhaps to change direction slightly and fade in and out a little for variety.

Granted, she might be holding her arm weirdly, but you might want to invent a little variation tht is consistent with anatomy to indicate a more organic look to it.

Despite my criticism, I really like the peice on the whole.

All the work you've been putting into practicing the head, face and hair is paying off. And you've always been good with clothes.

And one can never miss with cleavage for creating volume.
:D

speggie
10-07-2006, 08:04 AM
cheers d .......thought you would assist ,as is your usual imput ...only been tinkering for an hour or two the refrence pic has a wierd colour change on the arms especially seems to change dramatically ........not very good on bodies like i said, tried to avoid them as much as possible ......haa ....only the drawing of them ..i might add !!!.........have a quiet night ahead of me as im working at 4am tomorrow so will pesevere for a few hours yet .........thanks again matey .......

D Akey
10-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Field Trip!!!!!

R&D or R&R -- you decide.

speggie
10-07-2006, 09:37 AM
R&D or R&R ?

D Akey
10-07-2006, 09:54 AM
R&D: Research & Development
or
R&R: Rest & Relaxation

ie: what an institutional jargony excuse to go out and personally explore some anatomy. Do it for art's sake!

Have some fun and write it off your taxes. . .

Need to be thinking like a pro here, speggie.

:lol:

speggie
10-07-2006, 10:33 AM
:oops: it's always about the art for me ................. :wink:

Selby
10-07-2006, 11:12 AM
good stuff speggie...i try and avoid drawing bodies too...like the plague....but you my friend have done a great job....its a funny thing to notice but i like how her hair drapes over her collarbone just so...and for me that adds a lot of the depth to it

Selby

speggie
10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
thanks alot selby ....see youve been .painting again recently ? .....a bit of spare time on your hands eh?

speggie
10-08-2006, 04:59 AM
more work on arms and stuff .............not bad for a first attempt proper at a full body portrait .........

heikki
10-08-2006, 06:05 AM
:)

Nice pixpaint. You have found real feeling on her face. I have seen that feeling at real world. Good work.

:)

waheednasir
10-08-2006, 08:54 AM
good job speggie, wonderful palette.

Weeks
10-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Fantastic Speggie :shock:

I like the painting, the rendering, the texture.. Very nice...!

Weeks

Selby
10-08-2006, 10:17 AM
...see youve been .painting again recently ? .....a bit of spare time on your hands eh? yeah its a time thing but also a mental space thing...you have to have room in your head for the pictures to get in so you can paint them :D

like the extra work you did on ellie too...looking good....i'll turn my back for ten minutes to do something and then when i come back you'll be an old hand at this stuff

Selby

D Akey
10-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Heck, speggie's an old hand already.

The rapid progress one makes when one does the work (paints a lot) and uses this program is astonishing.

Excellent, speg. Keep at the full figures. When you start selling, they'll want that kind of image. And you're nearly there. The arm/hands is/are better. When doing humans these are important features to get right.

The rest of the painting is great. I'm serious. You're getting really really good fast, tackling one or more new aspects with each new picture.

speggie
10-09-2006, 01:27 AM
i am an old hand .....or rather using an old hand .hee ......thanks guys waheed .heikki .selby and weeks ............enjoyed the attempt except the arms ........but will keep up the work .....i will master the full human figure ........someday !!!!!

ENCHANTER
10-09-2006, 05:22 AM
nicely done,

jennifer ellison??

who ever it is, its a great potratit!
:D

speggie
10-09-2006, 05:29 AM
yeah thats the one enchanter used the pose fron a new piccie i found on web ...........not an exact likeness but thought it would be an intresting subject ......never attempted a full body sketch before ....it was a challenge to say the least .hee