PDA

View Full Version : Silvy's abstract- last upload April 2 , 2014 - please see last page

silvy
10-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Inspired by Lee's thread:
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23184 (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23184)
with colour picker, tube and knife some abstact ...
Much relaxing to do:)
Hope it's relaxing to view too;)

Colour Picker are from autumn colours.
1- just a game
2-snail under rain

Teddy
10-29-2009, 05:01 AM
These capture all the best things about autumn... Very nice :)

Evart
10-29-2009, 06:29 AM
What a cute little critter. :D love them both :)

Alexandra
10-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Really nice Silvy. My favorite colors and time of the year!:)

silvy
10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks Teddy, Evart and Alexandra for reply!:):D
I will keep this thread as a gym for the scribbles of colors:rolleyes:

SCP
10-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Silvy,
I had to comment after looking at these,it reminds me years ago when I painted with oil paints.They really do look like oil paintings,congrats!;):) Bonus is no smelly turpentine,thinners etc,better for ones health too;)

screenpainter
10-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Beautiful Silvy. I love the abstract and the snail is adorable.

silvy
11-04-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the kind words, I do not mean much abstract painting but I find it relaxing and free.

Yes SCP, oil painting is not very fragrant especially in the winter with the windows closed:rolleyes:, but we solved the problem with Art Rage:)

Dear Gzairborne I'm glad you like the snail. One can say that is checked herself in the painting..... has been the rain:D

silvy
11-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Another one with the same palette.

3- Oil and knife

Hope you like it;)

sandyg
11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Your strange thing, I saw on the gallery Silvy, I love this one. Well done.
Sandyg.

coops
11-04-2009, 09:31 PM
The snail is so cute Silvy but I have to say that the last one is my favourite, its wonderful:)

screenpainter
11-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I love strange thing; it is a marvelous piece of abstract expressionism I would say. Great job.

pai
11-05-2009, 01:24 AM
I just not like it but love this last one. It stays in my mind when I first saw it. Great one, Silvy. It looks like a cityscape on iceberg and also give me that global warming message. I also like your brushstrokes and the reflections. :)

D Akey
11-05-2009, 02:01 AM
First two - fast and slow. The snail really made me chuckle. I love the implications.

silvy
11-05-2009, 05:25 AM
Thank you all dearest Sandyg, Katie, Gzairborne, Pai and D Akey:):):):)
I also prefer strange thing.
I was thinking of a city of the future, perhaps in another dimension...I started working with autumn colors and I liked the result.
I think I'll try with other colors and forms . Maybe a winter palette;)

D Akey:D The snail is just funny, the shell is born by chance with round motion of knife and then I think at Minuscule animations (http://www.minuscule.tv/)
Glad you giggle of it. Ridere fa bene!

Lima
11-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Silvy, very nice abstracts. Strange thing is beautiful. Congratulations.

silvy
02-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Thank you Lima:)

I thought of doing a new thread for abstracts but I could use this one.
Coming soon;)

silvy
02-20-2012, 04:08 AM
Update this thread with two abstracts in cold colors
1- Cold view - oil and knife on 3 levels
2- Cold planet- just a doodle in 10 minuts - knife loaded- airbrush and stickers spray

jibes
02-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Silvy. You do great work, I'm very impressed!

Caesar
02-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Anche negli astratti vai alla grande e citi, dipingendo, grandi maestri del XX secolo, a occhio!

coops
02-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Both of these are so beautiful Silvy. The first one reminds me of looking through a window with frost on it yet the delicate flowers shine through. The second one is a rainbow of beautiful colours. Well done Silvy:)

Sketchism71
02-20-2012, 10:19 PM
A wonderful thread you have here Silvy! Your work is beautiful!!

mannafig
02-21-2012, 02:43 AM
You have some very lovely paintings here dear Silvy:):)

gxhpainter2
02-21-2012, 05:20 AM
silvy.. these are nice abstracts.. I like strange thing but they are all arresting and have great colors... can't wait to see a few more..:cool::):)

screenpainter
02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
great to see this thread again. really loving the first abstract. perhaps I have grown. :) And the snail is a delight to see again. Also the new work. A great thread to revive.

silvy
02-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Many thanks Jibes:), Caesar:), Katie:), Eddie:), Amanda:),Gxhpainter:) and Albert:)
You're all very kind.
Abstracts for me are very relaxing and funny.

silvy
03-16-2012, 05:37 AM
An abstract ispired by music, Ascension by Mike Oldfield.
You can listen it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1C1g8OQJs

Oil, knife and some of airbrush.
Much relaxing and fun..
Hope you like.:);)

pat1940
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Silvy, these are so very beautiful, wonderful work:):):):)

Caesar
03-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Eccezionale anche quest'ultimo! Bravissima!

Weeks
03-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Silvy, are we talking about the same thing ;)

The Messiah... :eek: and the last time.

Great painting.

Best,

Weeks

MSIE
03-20-2012, 12:27 PM
uh oh ... I don't know how I missed this thread for so long :confused:

great abstracts, Silvy!! :)

SCP
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
I really like Cold planet and your latest post Ascension is wonderful !
Well done Silvy.:cool::):):)

screenpainter
03-20-2012, 05:59 PM
it really portrays the feeling of music.

silvy
03-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Many thanks pat1940:) Caesar:)Weeks:)MSIE:)SCP:)

You're all very kind.

Lima
03-21-2012, 03:11 AM
1- Cold view - oil and knife on 3 levels

:eek::eek::eek:
Silvy dear friend. Sei una lady, una persona gentile e una grande artista. Sarò sempre a visitare il vostro trhead.

Belvrog
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Wow. Great thread silvy. Especially Cold view is brilliant.

damasocl
03-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Silvy: this works are stunning!!!!

ala
03-21-2012, 08:16 PM

3- Oil and knife

Hope you like it;)

wow...Great

silvy
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
@Oriane:o i'm speechless, you're very kind.Thank you so much:)

@Belvrog:) many thanks! I'm quite satisfied about Cold view. it's exactly how I wanted, not often:rolleyes:

@damasocl:) thank you very much

@ala:) Grazie!

EB
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I viewed them , I like them

Earle

silvy
04-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Thank you so much EB:)

Today another one abstract....I don't know if it's an abstract.:rolleyes:
I made it with Albert's wet on wet watercolor effects, really interesting to try and try again;)

This called Bassamarea (low tide)
Thanks for viewing!

D Akey
04-15-2012, 10:19 AM
WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great painting!!!!!!!!! Well done Silvy. Love the sand. The texture you got there is very nice. However the texture is more about the paint itself than a realistic sand texture. So you have established a painterly paint viscosity there that you could also carry upward into the sea and the sky to make it appear like those parts of the canvas are painted from the same mind set.

Putting texture into the blue is not your only choice. You can design cloud forms that carry the ideas through where they relate more.

Just thinking aloud.

But I am loving this. The colors are great. The stylization gets into a sort of graphic abstraction which is unexpected and delightful. Wonderful painting, Silvy. Hope this appeals to you enough to do more in this fashion. :):):):):)

Lima
04-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Silvy, beautiful paintings dear friend. All :eek:

chinapete
04-15-2012, 02:04 PM
bassa marea: abstract or not? non importa come, l’importante è arrivarci :)

AT-TA
04-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Interesting and eye magnet for sure. Like it Silvy.

silvy
04-15-2012, 08:41 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great painting!!!!!!!!! Well done Silvy. Love the sand. The texture you got there is very nice. However the texture is more about the paint itself than a realistic sand texture. So you have established a painterly paint viscosity there that you could also carry upward into the sea and the sky to make it appear like those parts of the canvas are painted from the same mind set.

Putting texture into the blue is not your only choice. You can design cloud forms that carry the ideas through where they relate more.

Just thinking aloud.

But I am loving this. The colors are great. The stylization gets into a sort of graphic abstraction which is unexpected and delightful. Wonderful painting, Silvy. Hope this appeals to you enough to do more in this fashion. :):):):):)

Dear D Akey, your feedback are always most welcome and helpful.:):)
I'm always torn between abstraction and reality. I'm still looking for a true style that manages to reconcile them in my own way.
This painting was just a test to use Albert's tools.
So fast, without thinking or planning too, from top to bottom, all on one level. Came to the sand, visually in the foreground, I loaded color, oil color, to give depth, texture of matter. Not real sand, but any material.
So I thought it's over.
The sky in the distance have not interested me most, though I could work again on it for give continuity. I don't know.
However your opinion is precious:):):)
I hope to have more courage and venture more, it also happens with the real painting, working at times as if I had the handbrake on:rolleyes:
Thank you again!

@ Many thanks dear Lima:):), I'm glad you like it.

@ You're right chinapete :):) ' l’importante è arrivarci' and at low tide it is easier:D Grazie mille!

@Thank you very much AT-TA :):)

Caesar
04-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Eccezionale, cara Silvia! Potrebbe essere un manifesto di qualche cittadina Adriatica! Io, del resto, sono originario di Pescara e quindi molto sensibile " ... all'Adriatico selvaggio ch'è verde come i pascoli dei monti ..."

coops
04-16-2012, 02:19 AM
WOW!!!!!! Silvy this a marvel to view and I keep coming back to look at it. Would love to see you doing more of these. I really really like this one:)

screenpainter
04-16-2012, 06:02 AM
I love Bassamarea Silvy. beautiful abstract. just amazing and delicious for the eyes.

silvy
04-27-2012, 02:33 AM
@ Grazie Cesare, quando si parla di mare diventi un poeta!:):)
@ Many thanks for your kind words dear Katie:):)
@ Thank you very much dear Albert:):)

Now another one with much color, from the sea to the space;)
It's called Two Suns , oil and knife, just for fun:D

shadowslake
04-27-2012, 02:35 AM
Love the colors. Very SciFi Silvia

pat1940
04-27-2012, 03:37 AM
Silvy, these are wonderful painting, great job:):):)

MSIE
04-27-2012, 10:37 AM
I like "Two Suns" a lot - it's like two different worlds are meeting in space. love the colours :)

Caesar
04-27-2012, 07:41 PM
What an interesting alien planet enjoying all the powerfull energy of the spectrum of two suns! Great both as a concept landscape and as an abstract.

screenpainter
04-28-2012, 01:27 PM
that's a beauty Silvy!!! you are riding a creative wave. we are enjoying the surfing.

D Akey
04-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Now that is super saturated! I feel my eyeballs quiver. Excellent. Very nice and harmonious in its amplification. Love it. If I were in the desert and the colors became like this, I would check my meal to see if I hadn't been slipped some peyote.

I love it! Thanks for dialing your canvas to "Full". Gives one a good idea about one extreme. . . and a pleasant one at that.

gxhpainter2
04-29-2012, 03:26 AM
Silvy,, I love your abstracts,, especially low tide, but the planet is rich too I love your sense of color!..:cool::cool::):)

silvy
05-01-2012, 04:33 AM
@shadowslake, thank you very much!:)

@pat1940, many thanks dear:)

@MSIE, thank you so much:)

@ Grazie Caesar:), molto gentile come al solito. Pensare che è stato un esperimento veloce e immediato:rolleyes:

@screenpainter, you're very kind. Like I say to Caesar I work better without planning , quick and immediate. As long as there is inspiration and creative wave to ride:rolleyes:. Thank you Albert!

@D Akey:):) Many, many thanks for your comments, lead me to do better.
They're a great help and incentive.

@gxhpainter:) thanks !!

silvy
06-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Sandland
watercolor- knife
Hope you like this one;)

Caesar
06-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Che cielo incombente e minaccioso. Un quadro ad alto contenuto emotivo.

silvy
06-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Grazie Cesare, è proprio il cielo ventoso di questi giorni. Minaccia tanto e poi non cade una goccia d'acqua;)
Thanks Caesar, it's the windy sky in these days. Threat of rain but not a drop;)

screenpainter
06-13-2012, 05:48 AM
great piece! it seems charged with emotion and exuberance.

Alexandra
06-13-2012, 07:43 AM
These are wonderful Silvy. Great style.

silvy
06-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Many thanks Albert:):) and Sandra:):), you're very kind.

Weeks
06-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Silvy, it seems to be real, a real profound oil painting...

Why not ?

Best,

Weeks

MSIE
06-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Sandland looks hot, I like it! :) :) well done Silvy :)

silvy
06-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Silvy, it seems to be real, a real profound oil painting...

Why not ?

Best,

Weeks

Yes, why not....I make a bit of confusion to decide when a paintings it's abstract or not.:o
Thank you very much Weeks:D

Sandland looks hot, I like it! :) :) well done Silvy :)

Many thanks MSIE!:D

The next is certainly an abstract....
Done with all the tools of AR in green(in this days I'm green;))
Improbably(or impossible) squares
Hope you like:)

chinapete
06-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Silvy ... Sandland ... I think maybe what Weeks was saying is that it doesn't have the feel of a watercolor, but of an oil painting ... I thought so too when I first looked, but anyway ... it does create an air of desolation ... Your green "quilt" in its own way shows the power of green to evoke emotions high and low ...

D Akey
06-29-2012, 02:37 PM
I really like how you have been using the brush. Has with it almost a voice of it's own in all your paintings. And this last one is like a collection of clips or sound bytes to show a range. Nice stuff Silvy. Abstraction has caught your attention.

silvy
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Silvy ... Sandland ... I think maybe what Weeks was saying is that it doesn't have the feel of a watercolor, but of an oil painting ... I thought so too when I first looked, but anyway ... it does create an air of desolation ... Your green "quilt" in its own way shows the power of green to evoke emotions high and low ...

Many thanks Chinapete:). You're right( and Weeks too) about 'sandland'. I forgot to say that knife was loaded:o....like add oil isn't it?

I really like how you have been using the brush. Has with it almost a voice of it's own in all your paintings. And this last one is like a collection of clips or sound bytes to show a range. Nice stuff Silvy. Abstraction has caught your attention.

:DThank so much D Akey! I'm beginning to appreciate the abstracts and amuse with them, even with traditional painting.
Before it seemed impossible, as if I could not....

Alexandra
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
A stunning piece Silvy!

kenmo
07-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Wonderful art and thread....;););)

silvy
07-30-2012, 01:00 AM
A stunning piece Silvy!

Many thanks dear Sandra:)

Wonderful art and thread....;););)

Thank you kindly Kenmo :)

Sorry for late answer:o

Now I add a new abstract done in watercolor and chalk on one of new Misterpaint's concrete canvas.
Hope you like this one, it's called Dune

MSIE
07-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Silvy, I like this a lot - the golden glittery sand looks awesome! well done :)

Caesar
07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Belli anche i nuovi! Mi piace molto Dune, per i toni caldi e la memoria della serie di libri di fantascienza con al centro in pianeta desertico con tale nome.

silvy
08-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Silvy, I like this a lot - the golden glittery sand looks awesome! well done :)

Thank you very much MSIE:)

Belli anche i nuovi! Mi piace molto Dune, per i toni caldi e la memoria della serie di libri di fantascienza con al centro in pianeta desertico con tale nome.

Grazie Cesare:), in effetti anch'io ho pensato alla fantascienza scegliendo il titolo.

silvy
08-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Another abstract with oil and knife
I'm thinking about Mondrian......
Hope you like;)

chinapete
08-31-2012, 09:23 AM
... troppo cool!:)

pat1940
08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Really like your thread Silvy, great work

silvy
09-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Many thanks Chinapete:) and Pat:)

gxhpainter2
09-02-2012, 06:42 AM
silvy...what a little jewel of a painting..I like the soft swirls surrounding the black linear elements... :):)

kenmo
09-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Great additions to the thread....

silvy
09-08-2012, 01:03 AM
silvy...what a little jewel of a painting..I like the soft swirls surrounding the black linear elements... :):)

Many thanks gxhpainter:), the black lines are made with tube and the soft effect is really interesting....I'll use in future too

Great additions to the thread....

Thank you kindly kenmo:)

D Akey
09-08-2012, 11:03 AM
You gave Mondrian a set or more modern pastels. Very vibrant. I like it. Despite the intellect oriented Mondrian grid, it feels very human and hand done. It's rather like listening to a rendition of something mechanical and orderly like sounds of the industrial revolution and given lyrics and softened and sung as a beautiful romantic ballad. It's a brilliant contrast that shows the persistence of the heart over the impersonal world. Go Silvy! Brava! :):):):cool::):):)

Caesar
09-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Condivido con te (e Mondrian) la passione di disporre i colori in modo vagamente geometrico e ordinato. Proprio quello che faccio spesso, quando non ho tempo per qualcosa di figurativo e preciso, con i set di colori dei vari tipi. Una specie di cromoterapia ed esercizio creativo.

silvy
09-14-2012, 02:58 AM
You gave Mondrian a set or more modern pastels. Very vibrant. I like it. Despite the intellect oriented Mondrian grid, it feels very human and hand done. It's rather like listening to a rendition of something mechanical and orderly like sounds of the industrial revolution and given lyrics and softened and sung as a beautiful romantic ballad. It's a brilliant contrast that shows the persistence of the heart over the impersonal world. Go Silvy! Brava! :):):):cool::):):)

Thank you kindly D Akey:):)

Condivido con te (e Mondrian) la passione di disporre i colori in modo vagamente geometrico e ordinato. Proprio quello che faccio spesso, quando non ho tempo per qualcosa di figurativo e preciso, con i set di colori dei vari tipi. Una specie di cromoterapia ed esercizio creativo.

Grazie Cesare, in effetti certe volte non è importante la forma, ma solo il colore. Proprio una comoterapia:D

silvy
09-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Hi dear friends, as I mentioned in the post by Cesare on real paintings, I share with you two paintings I've done this summer.
The oil paints outdoors are less troublesome;)
The first is Summer
oil on canvas
The second is Free flights
same tools
Hope you like them;)
comments and constructive criticism are welcome

silvy
09-14-2012, 03:15 AM
some details.....

suffolkgal
09-14-2012, 03:15 AM

3- Oil and knife

Hope you like it;)

This one is particularly pleasing, fab colours :)

DystopianCake
09-14-2012, 05:42 AM
Wow! Those Reds are vibrant. Nice work!

Vasilenko
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
I like both paintings, maybe Summer more.
Free flight is beautiful! I would try to play more with the same elements in different colors and more freedom.
It's not criticizing, it's just you can paint more paintings with the same idea and elements. Very nice! :rolleyes:

coops
09-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Colourful, vibrant and totally stunning Silvy:)

Caesar
09-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Diverse geometrie, ma stessa bellezza estetica e cromatica. Molto brava!

silvy
09-20-2012, 04:58 AM
This one is particularly pleasing, fab colours :)
Thank you very much suffolkgal:), it's an old one but I had fun with it

Wow! Those Reds are vibrant. Nice work!
Many thanks DystopianCake:), I used madder lake, cadmium red dark and indian yellow

I like both paintings, maybe Summer more.
Free flight is beautiful! I would try to play more with the same elements in different colors and more freedom.
It's not criticizing, it's just you can paint more paintings with the same idea and elements. Very nice! :rolleyes:
Thanks Vasilenko:). Summer was very immediate, without thinking much.
Free flight was more thoughtful, even with a pencil sketch. Agree with you on colors.
I could try with other colors and more freedom ... just like the title says:rolleyes::o
Maybe with art rage?;)

Colourful, vibrant and totally stunning Silvy:)
Thank you kindly dear Katie:)

Diverse geometrie, ma stessa bellezza estetica e cromatica. Molto brava!
Grazie Cesare, era tanto tempo che non lavoravo con l'olio e mi sono divertita un sacco:D

silvy
02-25-2013, 05:18 AM
A new abstract...a sunset
Hope you like;)

Lima
02-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Wow, Silvy, dear friend, amazing works. Impressed with some of the textures.

Lindae
02-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Silvy,
Your abstracts are really great! I find it so hard to do abstracts. You have a great talent being able to go so easily from realism to abstraction. Good work here! Linda

justjean
02-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Great colours and textures, Silvy

screenpainter
02-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Sylvy, I really like the bold bright abstract style you are experimenting with. favorite is freeflights.

byroncallas
02-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Silvy, I've been away too long...this is the first time I've stumbled on your wonderful thread of abstracts. You have such wonderful and arresting images here, I wish there were time to comment on each of them. Wonderful work, often inspired. I will come back and revisit and spend more time and dive deeper. Great stuff. Bravo. :):):):)

silvy
02-26-2013, 05:16 AM
Thank you all very much!!:)

Here's a correct version of the new abstract after the good advice of Albert(screenpainter) about the use of variation of white instead of straight white as background.
Better isnt'it?:D

Thank you Lima:)
Dear Lindae:) you're very kind. Abstracts are strange things....I'm not sure to be able to make them:confused:
I'm looking about a style built between abstraction and realism: one day I'll find it:D
Many thanks justjean:)
Albert:):):):) thanks thanks thanks!!!!
screenpainter;438386]Sylvy, I really like the bold bright abstract style you are experimenting with. favorite is freeflights. [/QUOTE]
byroncallas:o it's a pleasure you like my gallery of abstracts. Thank you very much of your kind comment:)

drawing4art
02-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Love these, just beautiful and colourful.

Alexandra
02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
I love it Silvy, beautiful...

silvy
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Thank you so much drawing4art:) and Sandra:)
You're very kind

kenmo
03-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Nice additions to your thread....

silvy
06-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Thank you Kenmo;)

Hope you like this one, just a play with pink : Pink Land

Mairzie Dotes
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
silvy,
Awash with color variances and texture ... a joyful expression
this is. Well painted! :D

Bobbi
06-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Silvy,
These are an impressive collection of abstract!

justjean
06-03-2013, 04:14 AM
A lovely pink landscape, Silvy :)

byroncallas
07-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Silvia, wonderful work. I'm happy to catch up with your thread...so many thoughtful and lively works. :)

silvy
03-25-2014, 05:06 AM
Although late:o a great thanks to Mairzie, Bobbi, justjean and byroncallas.

I really enjoy paint marble texture on various surfaces with acrylics.
Some examples below......

on wood

on cartoon or metal .....
so I tried the effect with AR to make abstracts;)
Hope you like next one painting:rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
03-25-2014, 06:11 AM
Silvia, wonderful to see some new and excellent work from you!... I really like these two abstracts especially the last one in greens... very organic and yet reminds one everything comes from the stars as well..:cool::cool:

Victor Osaka
03-25-2014, 07:57 AM
wow. in awe. lush. cool. :D

AndreaMG
03-25-2014, 08:41 AM
The piece of furniture painted in green is soo beautiful and the rendering is fantastic. Master Godward and marble... :cool:

D Akey
03-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Nice play with texture Silvy. Sorry for such a prompt reply though. :p:rolleyes::D:D:D:D I know people have used ArtRage to make skins for texture mapping onto 3D objects. Will be interesting to see what you have in mind too. Faux finishes are kind of fun.

-----

@ Andrea, Always wondered what happened to my marbles when I lost mine. . . Now I see that those winsome ladies tucked them away, oh aye. Good catch. I may be on the way to recovering them if I get lucky.

mannafig
03-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Superb textures Silvy.

pai
03-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Your thread have so many wonderful great abstract paintings, I love them especially the "freeflight" and "pink land". So amazing how you apply your abstract works to a marble. So inspiring today to see few Artrage artists do their work in other real life medium. Beautiful :)

silvy
03-26-2014, 11:38 PM
@gxhpainter :) thank you very much. I love organic texture, stones, minerals...and watch their internal, as in geodes. It's funny recreate them with real acrylic paint, but is very funny read into something else.
With AR is fast to test this. Agree with you
...... yet reminds one everything comes from the stars as well..:cool::cool:

@Victor Osaka ;) many thanks for your word

@AndreaMG ;) you're very kind, I'm pleasure you like my table. The lower part is managed better and I'll have to redo the above .... but I do not feel use sandpaper:rolleyes: but I will sooner or later:(:)

@D Akey ;) many thanks. I don't think to use AR to create texture for live use.
My technique is freedom ... I pouring the color, out spray and whiff. Mapping is too perfect, not for me.
In AR use this for abstracts. Nothing more

@mannafig;) thank you kindly

@pai;)I am very pleased that you have looked at my whole thread. Many thanks for your comments

silvy
03-26-2014, 11:45 PM
Two new abstracts...
Heart of Stone and Sandbars, hope you like;)

Caesar
03-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Cara Silvia, i tuoi ultimi due astratti sono semplicemente meravigliosi come lo sono i tuoi pezzi in finto marmo. Vedo che sei pronta per la preannunciata chiusurra delle cave di Carrara sulle Apuane ...
Dear Silvia, Your last two abstract are just marvellous and Your fake marble pieces too. I see You're ready for the announced forthcoming closing of the Carrara caves on the Apuane ...

Alexandra
03-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Hey Silvy, it is great to see you! I love your faux marble painting. I have a small table that I would to do this to.

stevemawmv
03-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Hi Silvia..... Love the texturing on the objects, beautiful flowing imagery on the abstracts.
Fantastic work on all!
Take care,
Steve

AndreaMG
03-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Both beautiful Dear Silvy, the red one looks the flame of a dragon, while the green one could be an extraterrestrial atmosphere! I've always liked imagining things looking at marble, it's so fun :p

coops
03-29-2014, 12:46 AM
This marble work is so beautiful, well done :)

justjean
03-29-2014, 05:48 AM
Beautiful texture, strokes and colours on your marble works Silvy :):):)

pat1940
03-29-2014, 06:52 AM
Silvy, these are beautiful, the colors are fantastic, great, work

copespeak
03-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Beautiful faux marbling Silvy. Your AR work is terrific too! I have done furniture in the past and it is such fun. :cool:

Marilyn Anne
03-30-2014, 02:19 AM
It did translate well into an abstract painting.

silvy
04-03-2014, 05:53 AM
@Caesar :D Grazie mille carissimo

@Alexandra, I think that your small table will have a new life with faux marble. Remember to show us the result ;) Thank you kindly.

@stevemawmv :) Many thanks dear.

@AndreaMG, grazie davvero. Agree with you ...on marble everyone can see what he wants;) Mmmm:rolleyes:I like extraterrestrial atmosphere:cool:

@coops, thank you very much dear Katie:)

@justjean, many thanks, you're very kind:)

@pat1940:), thank you kindly

@copespeak, thank you so much:) for your kind words

@Marilyn Anne, many thanks:)

silvy
04-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Another one for this season....hope you like it;)

stevemawmv
04-03-2014, 06:11 AM
Absolutely stunning!
Beautifully done Silvia.....
Take care friend,
Steve

eighty+
04-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Hi Silvy as Msie said how have I missed your thread filled with such delight's for the eye's and brain is overwhelmed

With The Colour's Thanks Silvia

justjean
04-03-2014, 07:40 AM
Silvy, beautiful flowers and colours blowing in the wind

AndreaMG
04-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Oh my, green marble flames that shake those two beautiful flowers! Cool :cool:

Alexandra
04-03-2014, 02:35 PM
I love it Silvy, beautiful work dear friend.

Caesar
04-03-2014, 08:32 PM
L'ultima non è troppo astratta, ma è meraviglioso come hai dipinto quelle rose ....

The last one isn't too much abstact, but it's marvellous the way You painted those roses ...

silvy
04-05-2014, 05:24 AM
@stevemawmv, thank you so much. You're very kind:)

@eighty+, thanks for your words and welcome on my abstract thread ;)

@justjean, yes agree with you colours blowing in the wind Thank you kindly:D

@AndreaMG, grazie :) not very abstract but I may accentuate the effect

@Alexandra, thank you very much:)

@Caesar, I know isn't too much abstact,but the funny thing is that there are not roses .... I thought of the snapdragons :rolleyes::eek: Then it is a little bit abstract:D

Grazie carissimo

D Akey
04-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Very pretty flowers. I can see a similarity between how you painted this and your marble texture stuff. Very cool to cross over one thing into another like that. Brava!

copespeak
04-05-2014, 09:10 AM
That is quite spectacular Silvy! I love it. :)

SCP
04-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Striking bold colours Silvy ,wonderful painting. :)

pat1940
04-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Silvy, what beautiful flowers, really like this one

coops
04-07-2014, 10:55 PM
I really like this one Silvy, well done:)

D Akey
04-08-2014, 05:41 AM
Hahaha. I went back around. I really LOVE the snail!!!!!

gxhpainter2
04-08-2014, 07:35 AM
very interesting style in these recent works Silvy, love the snapdragons!...the greens and yellows are like the unfurling of spring :cool::cool:

pai
04-08-2014, 10:22 AM
the green palette really brings out the spring of ready blossom flowers like in your last abstract painting. beautiful :)

silvy
04-13-2014, 02:11 AM
@D Akey:) it's been very enjoyable. Thank you very much for the snail too:D

@copespeak:)Many Thanks, you're very kind

@SCP :) Yes a really striking marble. Thank you very much

@pat1940 :) Thank you kindly

@coops :) Many thanks dear

@gxhpainter :) You're very kind. Thank you

@pai :) I'm glad you like it, thank you so much