PDA

View Full Version : Freedom.

waheednasir
09-29-2006, 03:17 AM
hi there...:), sharing my recent digital painting "Freedom". done in artrage, using tablet. freezing cold, snowy landscape, spacial depth with a sense of freedom was what i was after. refs were only consulted, its all self-visualized and composed. i think im quite satisfied with achieving the mood that i wanted to have. all spontaneously done, in an impressionistic manner. hope u like it...:).

thanks for coming in.

Frenchy Pilou
09-29-2006, 03:49 AM
Very cool mood 8)

halley
09-29-2006, 04:20 AM
Watch out for Saruman's agents! Caradhras is treacherous enough without his meddling.

Love the look of this, and the color work is exquisite, but wonder where the viewer might be, to get such a view. Helecopter ski trip?

hanzz
09-29-2006, 05:08 AM
quite satisfied ? quite satisfied ? quite satisfied ?

This is painters heaven! Such a mood , such depth..I feel like a bird, looking at this.

Remember us,little folks later on, will you ? :wink:

AndyRage
09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Mmmm... fantastic. You've created a huge sense of space and distance. The detail of the eroded mountains is fantastic. Brilliant stuff, as always!

speggie
09-29-2006, 08:38 AM
beauty mate lovely feel of expance .........top drawer again

Selby
09-29-2006, 08:55 AM
fantastic Waheed such a welcoming snow with the pinks to it, it feels like id love to visit it even though i hate to be cold,and its just the place for the horses to roam happily... plus they give such a sense of majesty to the size of the mountain, just doing their thing not changing it too much as they go past.

Selby

Weeks
09-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Brilliant Waheed, as usual... :wink:

Weeks

D Akey
09-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Very very nice Waheed.

Wish I could have been looking at this picture during our heat wave.

ENCHANTER
09-29-2006, 11:21 AM
misty mountains with pink pink sunshine, and the detail on that horse is amazing from this distance :D

hype
09-29-2006, 11:44 AM
amazing, as usual! i currently am using one of your works as my desktop at work. :D

waheednasir
09-29-2006, 03:55 PM
:)...many many thanks my friends. really feels great to get a nice feedback from people who are so good in art themselves.

Frenchy Pilou, halley, hanzz, Sweedie, AndyRage, speggie, Selby, Weeks, D Akey, ENCHANTER and hype...thank u all...:).

halley, yeah u can say that, i leave it to the viewer. actually i didnt want to add the immediate foregrouns, for me, that was not a good idea for this particular composition (bird's eye view). thats my personal opinion...:).

hanzz...how can i forget mate?, friends (and good artists) are not to forget, no matter what. im always in touch...:).

d akey, im actually expriencing a strong heat wave here in my country...:).

hype...thats so nice of u...i feel honoured...:).

thanks again eveyone, for your time and kind comments.

sweeneymini
09-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow, another top painting waheednasir :shock: Perfect 8)

drzeller
09-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Great work, Waheed. I liked the sense that the mother horse is walking and the ponies seem to be running ahead.

Did you have any thoughts about how the foreground and background have strong diagonals from upper left to lower right, while the middle ground (the more saturated mountains in the middle) present a somewhat perpendicular direction (on the dark sides)? This creates a certain visual tension. Just curious about your thoughts...

D.

waheednasir
09-30-2006, 05:37 AM
sweeneymini...thanks a lot...:).
drzeller...thanks for liking it...:). i know what u mean and i do agree with what uve written about the over all design. i did have that in my mind, its just that too strong diagonals thruout were avoided. actually if u notice they are not strictly diagonals, they are somewhat circular (big circles) and we are only seeing a small section of that, but it can be observed. closer ones are smaller than those which are further away, so they seem somewhat straight. plus, the hard darker part was intentionaly kept like that (close to the centre of interest), to break the monotony and to grab viewers attention. i shouldve done that softly i guess.
ive tried to give words to all the effort that was put. hope i made my points clear...:). i do appreciate the input.

thanks again both of u...:). cheers.

DMerchen
09-30-2006, 07:59 AM
I like the feeling in this one. I was also looking at all of the colors. There are certainly a lot of them to make this painting. Nice work and great perspective. Whew!!!

waheednasir
09-30-2006, 09:42 PM
DMerchen...thanks a lot...im so glad u like it...:).

florida girl
10-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Wow!!! :shock: :shock: :D Applause!!!
Waheednasir,
Thanks letting us get an eagles eye view of your special place & bask for a moment in the Freedom of such Glory.
Those mountains are majestic & jewelike. No wonder the momma horse gave her little ones the tour of it!

Kind Regards,
Florida Girl 8)

Fashmir
10-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Waheed- Your images shimmer with magic and are evocative of the realms of both the physical and the spirit. There is inspiration and expression in the way you paint that goes beyond imitation of reality. I know you hear many good things about your art from many people. My point is that it is not just people saying nice things. Your art shared on this forum, comes to us as a gift from a master. Thanks.

waheednasir
10-02-2006, 01:00 AM
thank u florida girl...:). glad u enjoyed it so much.
fashmir...im really speachless here...i really cant find words to reply on such a wonderful compliment from u...thank u so much my friend...:).
trust me, when i browse thru work here by so many good artists, i feel the same, like, every artwork is a gift from everyone for all of us. each one is so different in his/her own style and thats what i really enjoy and love. i think everyone is a master in his/her own way/style, its just that we are different in our ways...:).
thank u so much.

cheers.