PDA

View Full Version : Bartender, Give me a Moon River. . . (Updated)

Lima
09-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Bartender, Give me a Moon River... in a Tiffany Glass!!!

Mairzie Dotes
09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
orianelima,
Your talent and glorious painting style has created a drenched with
energy night scene that is awash with lush, atmospheric ambiance.
It speaks somehow of expectation as the bartender takes note of
the one who approaches. The room seems charged with star studded
electricity and excitement provided by and thanks to the spectacular
color spectrum and deliciously inviting texture application. Fantastic
artistry and so well painted! :)

Alexandra
09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Oriane,
I love this totally. D-Akey was so clever to have chosen this signature. What a wonderful quote and wonderful painting you have mastered. Love it, love it, love it.:D

D Akey
09-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Snappy title, sir! :D

This lavish painting holds the essence of nocturnal experience of the romantic, artistic Paris, wherein color is hanging in the air, waiting to be given a form that pleases both the senses and the soul. An artist's watering hole bubbling with creative and genial conversation.

It's as if you're holding up a glass of drink like an artistic, Impressionistic lens of liquid Tiffany. It zeroes in on the face of the bartender who's serving up a specialty of the house, a Manet with a splash of absinthe.

This is a painting of artistic longing for that intangible expression, distilled grace from the muse. I go to this place every night. I live for the promise that some day that perfect painting will appear, those words that get it right. Meanwhile I toast all who aspire. And I raise my glass to you.

Fine painting. :):):):):)

screenpainter
09-27-2009, 04:47 PM
That's a beauty Oriane. Wonderful to view with music. :)

D Akey
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
D-Akey was so clever to have chosen this signature.

Thank you Alexandra. The words are my own written for this signature, and have come out of my palette of mind upon which I mix images like paints and present them for viewing -- not unlike what Orianelima has offered visually. His interpretation is a brilliant tangent and I'm flattered by the unexpected collaboration. One hopes that their creative expression takes life.

fraser_paice
09-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I'll have a pint of whatever that guy's having!

coops
09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Dear Oriane, this is a wonderful painting, full of colour and imagination. A great tribute to our dear MR Akey. Love it:)

Alexandra
09-27-2009, 11:43 PM
D-Akey: Well, I would sure put my name to that quote. It is one of the best I have ever heard. It reminds me of Bogart for some reason. Couldn't you just hear him speaking it? Sorry-I love Boggie.
I think it was great Oriane, that you thought of it.

Lima
09-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Mairzie your comment is really very nice. Thank you my friend.

Alexandra thank you very much.

Akey your signature is a brilliant piece of poetry. Thank you very much for your fantastic words.

Gzair, I'm working on a music display of this painting. Thank you for the sugestion.

Fraser :p:p:p

Coops, you are right.

Caesar
09-28-2009, 10:59 PM
You certainly deserved it with this wonder, dear Oriane! ;):p:):)

Lima
09-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Caesar thank you very much dear friend.

"Wonderful to view with music." Gzair thanks for inspiring me. So, here you have music and bartender. Click HERE (http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1254263180) to see (514KB)

D Akey
10-01-2009, 08:28 AM
What amazing music! That is sooooooo perfect as a backdrop for that time. Thank you for taking it yet further. Seems like we all benefit from the comments. Well suggested, GZ!

What a unique and wonderful collaboration all around. And I love Mair's words in that same context. This whole experience and your work of art really is like a creative conversation, something I've not had nearly often enough in my life.

Bravissimo.

coops
10-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Dear Oriane that is fabulous. I just love the music and reading the words as well as listening to the music transported me off to that bar. I love it. Thank you so much for this wonderful experience.:)

Lima
10-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey Akey! Hey Coops! Thank you.

screenpainter
10-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Beautiful, I love accordion music. Perfect for your artwork!

Evart
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I like it :D

pai
10-01-2009, 06:19 PM
the title, the painting and the music are just amazingly echoing altogether....just awesome mood. it seems i were there seeing the scene. beautiful creation, orianelima. :)

silvy
10-02-2009, 06:04 AM

"Wonderful to view with music." Gzair thanks for inspiring me. So, here you have music and bartender. Click HERE (http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1254263180) to see (514KB)

WoW:D:eek::D GREAT and DOUBLE great with music!

AmontilladoAg
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
The Parisian bistro music totally makes it. Nicely done, sirs :D

Lima
10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Albert, Ebelyn, Pai, Silvy, Amontillado, thank you for your comments. Really appreciated.

byroncallas
10-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Now that's a hoot and a fine tip of the hat to you-know-who.

I quite like Oriane. :):)

R0dG03
10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
i love this picture and the perspective used in it

Mairzie Dotes
10-04-2009, 06:51 PM

orianelima,
Your first posting of "Bartender, Give me a Moon River" is awash with the
colorful flavor of romance about to begin but your updated version has
captured the very essence of a Parisian night and a place where a
romantic interlude that the poets have often written about might be on
the menu.

Music plays softly in the background ... the atmosphere sparkles with the
ambiance of discovery and anticipation as their eyes first meet. The
chatter of the patrons seem to melt into the background as the darkly lit
room and all that is within slowly fades from view.

They now see only each other.

The room glitters with romantic hues of expectation as he slowly approaches
her. She gazes up at him ... transfixed. Not a word is spoken as they touch.

The musicians take notice of this couple and how could they not ... for the
stars in their eyes now light the dim room with sparkling touches of jewel
reflective tones. The observant accordionist smiles while nodding his head
in admiration as he begins to play.

With a twinkle in his eye ... the bartender raises his hand to his lips and blows
a gentle kiss of approval across the room as the couple embrace ... then
begin to dance.

This love song is dedicated to them ... in celebration of romance ... of life ...
of amour! :)

Lima
10-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Byron,
Rod,
Marzie,

Thank you very much. Marzie beautiful comment.:eek:

D Akey
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
A totally wonderful tribute to our D Akey!!!

Great painting style!

Thank you for saying it Rose, but in reality, it is a tribute to Orianelima's great artistry and his incredible ability to reach through the monitor and embrace each and every one of us.

He's not a mere painter. He's an Artist who uses the experience of his mind and heart, showing us many of the extra layers of what paintings could be -- a tribute to the human continuum.

The heart through Art aspires to and often achieves a high ideal. In it's own way, the side effect of his celebrating love of life is to share what riches life can offer through consciousness so directed. It's an invitation to join in, the more the merrier.

At least, that's how I see it. And such is most definitely something to behold.

What intrigues me about this site is that I can track people's work and it gives me a greater understanding of some meanings in their voiceings.

Lima
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Rose, where is your comment?:(

Akey thank you: the "ability to reach through the monitor and embrace" each other, seems to be the most outstanding feature of this forum. Great and nice people that you all are. A true artistic comunity.

Bartender, Give me a Moon River... in a Tiffany Glass!!! Click HERE (http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1254263180) to see (514KB)

D Akey
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Sorry Rose. Didn't mean it to sound like a criticism of you. Just re-directing your sweet sentiment to the one actually deserving of the nice comment.

Your praise is so heartwarming, I felt like I was stealing from the artist what was his.

Artists have feelings too, ya know.

With all this contextual floor dropping, I'm going to have to be more spare in my comments. Makes me feel a bit like a raving madman howling at the moon. . . oh wait. . . just looked at my avatar again. That actually fits. :D

Lima
10-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Hi, my dear artrage friends!

This image was an effort to materialize the brilliant signature of the master of words DAkey. In my humble opinion the painting turned out quite nice. The following comments however showed me that it could be completely dramatized, in a sence that a living athmosphere should be added to it, to transmit the full emotions contained in those words.

Wow, I was right!!! As Coops and many others pointed out "Dear Oriane that is fabulous. I just love the music and reading the words as well as listening to the music transported me off to that bar. I love it."

I'm posting again this painting and the link for those who who would like to see it again. HERE (http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1254263180)is the link

I'd like to thank again to all of you for the fantastic return:eek: you give to this painting. And a special thanks to Mr DAkey.

D Akey
02-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Saving this thread is a tribute to Oriane Lima and a great example of what this forum has held among the participants. :)

Alexandra
02-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I was just thinking about this very piece earlier today!:eek: I am so pleased you tagged this one dear D Akey. I've loved your personal quote and it is as if our dear friend Oriane captured your requested drink perfectly and gave each one of us a drink on the house!

screenpainter
02-08-2012, 04:38 PM
great save. otherwise your signature makes no sense. :)

Caesar
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I missed this last painting. awfully beautiful!
It's such a pity we don't enjoy such an artistic light in these recent days and, even more, that we don't enjoy the presence of a great, wise, good, warm man and friend.

D Akey
02-09-2012, 08:12 AM
I missed this last painting. awfully beautiful!
It's such a pity we don't enjoy such an artistic light in these recent days and, even more, that we don't enjoy the presence of a great, wise, good, warm man and friend.

Hear Hear! Dr Lima is a great presence and a fantastic artistic spirit.

coops
02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Its so good to revisit this one again. There is so much to read and enjoy as well as the wonderful work of our great friend Oriane:)