PDA

View Full Version : 3d effect CHALLENGE to you

Bobbyray
09-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Hi All you Art-Ragers,

I decided to post a challenge to those of you interested. This one is 3d effects from a 2d image. Here is my attempt at it. ENJOY!

Bobbyray
09-09-2009, 05:30 AM
PS>>> I want to mention that when I put the artwork as a screensaver or background on full screen size.....wow, lots more detail shows and the depth is increased as well. Lighting is a key as are subject shadows and color flow on the chosen background colors. I made this painting in about 45 seconds. hummm I suggest using the lighting (f5) for your artwork. Feel free to enter as many artworks as desired to show your improvements in 2d < 3d effect work in various painting artworks. Happy Painting!

Hally
09-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi :)

I've done quite a few 3D paintings now.
Trouble Is...
I still haven't worked out exactly what it is that makes a painting 3D :o
Is it.. Colours, Effects, Layers? - or - A bit of everything? ... I'm just not sure yet :confused:

My most 3D Painting so far is from a few days ago : Flower Power
Started by painting a Flower.
Petals in sets on different layers.
Gradient layers in between petals.
And various effects applied.

Nearly Forgot Again :rolleyes:
Best way of viewing - Flower Power
1. Click to make it larger
2. Stand back from your computer

Hally
09-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi Bobbyray :)

I see a beautiful bird in your 3D painting ;)
Yours really comes to life when you click it then stand back too :cool:

Bobbyray
09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Hally,

Wow, what a great artwork.....so 3d depth? OK, my suggestions: try shading the outer edges with lighter/darker of that color....depends on the background color which can vary around the subject. DEPTH is harder but try the same with lighter shadows at the center of the subject then slightly darker toward the outer edges. ???? I hope it works for you. Experimenting with a small area in the center should help you get started. Good luck and Happy painting! 3d that is....hehe

PS...thanks for joining in. Please leave this painting and add your revised one so we can see the difference.

Silentman
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Nice job Bobby, may i suggest a bit more shading to the outer spirals, i feel that may add a whole new level of depth :)