PDA

View Full Version : A little lonely today.

Fashmir
04-14-2006, 03:08 PM
So here's some roller, chalk and eraser.

bleepnik
04-14-2006, 03:27 PM
A wonderful sense of the third dimension in this one. Your work always evokes conflicting emotions in me (a good thing). I find this colour palette both warm and cool, both welcoming and alienating. The lone figure evokes both desolation-despair and solitude-serenity.

Just lovely.

- Gita

drzeller
04-14-2006, 03:48 PM
I really like this one, Fashmir. Based on the range of your work, I suspect you are a very complex person!

D.

Harmony
04-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I love the tiny person or the giant pillars, it's a matter of perspective I suppose. I"m partial to tiny things. The color combination had a calming effect on me. I enjoy your variety.:)

Harmony

AndyRage
04-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Very nice work. Captures the feeling very well.

AndyRage.

Weeks
04-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Fashmir, one step beyond...

This community will "rock"..

Weeks

NewCube
04-14-2006, 10:23 PM
fantastic sence of scale.. love it

Echo
04-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Brilliant. Captures the mood perfectly

ulrik
04-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Fashmir, this is just sooo..., it really touches me...fantastic!

bleepnik
04-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Fashmir, the update is so beautiful. Feels more uplifting, now.

- Gita

ENCHANTER
04-15-2006, 03:26 AM
stuck out in a place and i dont know how i got there.........thats how i feel whn i saw this.....brilliant as usual! :)

drzeller
04-15-2006, 03:52 AM
Fashmir, the update is so beautiful. Feels more uplifting, now.

- Gita

It's funny how we each interpret a peice differently. For me, the second one reminds me of the dust and smoke coming up from recent demolition or ruins, so I find the first version more serene.

D.

bleepnik
04-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Ah, you see, I thought the uh.. erm.. structures (I really want to say blue french fries, but somehow I doubt that's accurate =]) are just so high up that the tops are above the clouds! And I guess "uplifting" would be my stereotypical response to what I perceived as "divine light" from the heavens. =]

- Gita

cym
04-15-2006, 08:23 AM
I like them both. The first one feels like lonliness, the update feels like everyone sees just how lonely. I can relate...

Fashmir
04-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Thank you all for your comments.

G- I love the way you describe what you experience when you look at artwork. It sheds light on my work in ways that are sometimes delightful surprises. Thanks for that.

drzeller- I'm glad you like this image. In truth are we not all complex and simple at the same time? Gita sees huge french fries where others see crumbling buildings. It is that very resonance between people that creates interest for me on this forum. It is as though the art itself becomes a window into minds, and not just the mind of the artist. Thanks.

Harmony- Thanks for the smile. I like that you found it calming. Being alone can be like that for me sometimes.

Andy- Thanks for capturing my brushstrokes with your beautiful code. :D

Weeks- Your enthusiasm continues to inspire and delight me. Thanks.

NewCube- Thanks-I love playing with scale. I wanted the figure to seem almost lost in the image (until I did the revision which for me seems more about solitude and inspiration than lonliness).

Echo and Ulrik- Thank you.

ENCHANTER- That is exactly how the first one feels to me as well. It's almost an image of amnesia and displacement.

cym- Thanks. I get a very different feeling from each version. The first one about feeling lonliness and a kind of isolation that is difficult to overcome. In the second version for me it turns toward the inspirational benefits of solitude.

cym
04-16-2006, 12:49 PM
inspirational benefits of solitude..I like that too.
I can visualize a series here, that little guy could express a bunch of stuff.

Marvolo
06-03-2006, 06:47 AM
It's really nice i like the little guy so darn cute :D

~Marvolo~