PDA

View Full Version : Only drawings,pen

wonder-w
08-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi, I decided to open this post were will take only drawings study in pen.
Presented drawings probably will never be finished.

Silentman
08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Very nice sketch and in pen too, i was thinking pen would be more difficult because there are no shades of grey, but you've made it look easy, enticing to me, enough to encourage me to try one with pen myself :)

I'll be watching your thread with anticipation, i'm currently learning to sketch, any pointers you would like to throw out whilst your posting your excellent sketches i'll be all ears :)

What settings did you use for the pen tool ?

sandyg
08-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Lovely wonder, that's a lovely plant.
Silentman, the pens quite good I prefer it to paint, the paint keeps stopping, just like a real brush, but pen continues, although for a real looking sketch rough pencil is good on full soft.

wenkat
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
A lovely image, wonder-w! A clear example of using of pen tool productively!:)

wonder-w
08-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Silentman, thank for your interest and I am pleased that this post is inspiring for further work.
And now something about the settings, drawing with a pencil in AR ... the appearance of lines affected types of paper, so we first set the paper settings for which a greater roughness is that is more broken line, and vice versa.
Pencil can do that looks more like charcoal (tilt angle on 45-70%), as a shadow (tilt angle more than 70%) or clear lines (tilt angle less than 40%) depending on subjects that we draw.
What color is concerned, I usually choose one color and tone changing with the softness tool. Drawing set with clear and across the line, and shadow adjust with softness tool and a thin line ... and of course, recommending the use of a tablet , because are more precising work than with the mouse. Lots of fun and good luck.

Sandyg and Wenkat thanks to the commentary, I'm glad that you like it.

P.S. I discover google translator jeeeee :):D :D :D

sandyg
08-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Wonder thanks for explaining the settings of the AR pencil in more detail,
I've never used the tilt of the pencil, so I thank you for the explanation.

wonder-w
08-12-2009, 07:55 AM
another one ornament.. pen (of course :) ) : pressure 92%, softness 50%, tilt angle 10%, precise off
paper: roughness 56%, scale 51%, opacity 100%
one layer

Chibi J
08-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Just some quick sketches probably never going to become a major pieces but they were done to improve my observation and line skills. I sent up a file for myself on my computer called sketch book to put these in.

Silentman
08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey Thanks Wonder for sharing those details with us, i came across some other settings last night too, which may be of interest to you.

I found that adjusting the pen settings in my Wacom tablet properties affected the settings within ArtRage a great deal, after setting the pen to a firmer setting and adjusting the settings in the tool settings for the pencil in AR i was able to get a pencil the really felt a lot like a real pencil, i was able to get a grey rough line from pressing lightly and a black stroke from pressing harder, no harder than one would on a real pencil, i was over joyed.

I haven't refined it completely yet but i found the best way to experiment is to open ArtRage and reduce the size it takes up on the monitor then open up the tablet properties and place them side by side, this way you can change the settings rapidly and thus refine your settings quite a lot and easily :)

Seeing you like sketching, i felt i should let you know about 2 resources here that i have posted a little while ago, i thought you may have missed them, they are of flowers and stuff, if you would like some of them you can download them from my Flikr Photostream.

Here's the links:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21168

And

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21401

There's cactus's and an interesting wood stump, all sorts of things in the 2nd link, oh and there's some big Magnolia trees too :)

Gray
08-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Some cool pictures in there. Thanks for that link again Silentman, I never would have found that if you hadn't posted those links.

wonder-w
08-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Chiby J, nice sketches, thanks for sharing them.

Silentman thanks for information, I need to explore my tablet . I've got Trust ( simply and not expencive)... I saw your photos (the beautiful), and links .. occasionally I track other events in the forum, although nothing I wrote (I should, because it has a beautiful and useful posts)
... and thanks Gray for looking..

Silentman
08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Some cool pictures in there. Thanks for that link again Silentman, I never would have found that if you hadn't posted those links.

Pleasure Gray, remember all those sort of posts you will find in the "Art Supplies" section, heaps upon heaps of resources in there and all are worth checking into :)

The other one to remember is the "Tips & Tricks" section, heaps of great technical advice amongst many other usefull thing sin there :)

Thanks Wonder, don't forget if your even remotely interested in some just download and keep them for safe keeping :)

PS: i wrote a new thread in the tip's and trick section with regards to the settings, it would be great for others like yourself to contribute, it's all about how the Tablet settings work with ArtRage :)

wonder-w
08-20-2009, 07:07 AM
quick sketch..15 min spent..

Chibi J
08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Nicely done I like your use of colours the black and white tones then the lovely flame red hair.

wonder-w
11-10-2009, 06:17 AM
now I'm in fantasy mode :)

Lee
11-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Dear Wonder, Your drawings are so beautiful!! sorry to have missed them, something about the first one makes it my favorite, but thay are all exquisite!:)

rocktion
11-20-2009, 03:54 PM
The third one was the one I was going to use as a desktop picture but the colour is a bit Iffy through doing it tooooooo dark in the first instance,it just didnt look right when I lightened it a bit,yes I tried to make this one interesting by doing it in such a size that you could magnify it and kind of go in and look around,that was the idea, glad you tried that out ,...it does have detail in that can be easily missed at normal size, thanks for looking...

wonder-w
11-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Dear Lee thank you,i'm glad you like them.

Rocktion tnx for looking to you.

Lima
11-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Very nice drawings. Great work.:eek:

wonder-w
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you Orianelima

wonder-w
01-28-2010, 09:15 AM
another quick sketch