PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Art

Pages : [1] 2

Alexandra
07-28-2009, 12:09 AM
I am a lover of fantasy art . Here is one that I drew for my daughter. I would love to see what your creative minds upload!

Someonesane
07-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Hi Alexandra,

I like fantasy art as well and I like your image very much. I made this image a while ago for a different thread, but I never got around to posting it. It's not really done yet, but it's close enough at this point to share it.

PICASO41
07-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Hello Alex

Here is a goblin i did a couple years ago, I'm a huge fan of sci-fi / fantasy anything.

mb

Alexandra
07-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Someonesane, That is amazing! Beautiful everything. Oooing and awing here.

Alexandra
07-28-2009, 10:31 AM
PICASO41, That is one great goblin- love it! Great imagination!

cartuneman
07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi, I wanted to drop in and show you one of my old drawings from art rage. I love fantasy art and this is a forbidden love between the Forest Elf and the Beetle King

Chibi J
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
She is based on my Dungeons and Dragons Character

wenkat
07-28-2009, 03:37 PM
This one I have created with fractals - hope it fits in here!:)

Fashmir
07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Nice thread Alexandra. What fun to see others interested in this genre. I've been a fantasy geek for decades. :)

Here's a repost of an earlier work.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14275&stc=1&d=1205475635

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14276&stc=1&d=1205475625

Alexandra
07-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Cartoonman-Great drawing-what a story there-that is wonderful.
ChibiJ-Fantastic drawing, I too love Dungeons and Dragons.
Wenkat-Awesome color! I have sooo much to learn.
Fashmir-This is so beautiful-makes me think of the Tolkien books I so dearly love. Awesome talent.

juliediane
07-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Once upon a moon,,,,,,,, my contribution.

hugggs, juliediane

wenkat
07-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Another one....but this also thru' fractals. I am planning to do one with AR alone, wish me good luck!:)

mannafig
07-31-2009, 11:00 PM
I decided to draw this one for this thread and to please my two daughters:p

Alexandra
08-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Julie-that is awesome. I love the planet and the tide.
Wenkat-how do you do this?! These are beautiful.
Mannafig-love unicorns-and the little guy!
Thanks so much you all for your pictures. This was the first time I posted something on my own. It is nice to read the posts and see the incredible art. Everyone here is so positive and friendly.:)
Much love all around, Sandy Alex

Peter Pinckney
08-01-2009, 07:23 AM
I posted this one in the gallery and I suppose it's a stretch to call it Fantasy ..............more like SciFi really but the distinction between the two genres has always been quite blurred to my mind ......anyway it's called the Portal

Alexandra
08-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Peter-that is beautiful! I want to learn more with the digital pen here. I would love to make si-fi pictures. I am always drawing aliens, since I was in grade school, and the teachers could not understand it. I was just having fun:D
Anything that would pop in that short circuited brain of mine would travel to that pencil.
That is just incredible. Thanks for sharing-and I am looking forward to listening to your music and checking out your links.
Sandy

Alexandra
08-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Peter, your music is beautiful as well as your art! Thank you so much. I am a lover of so many types of music from Pink Floyd, Neil Young, Allison Krause, Big Head Todd, to some rap. I love to sing old Peter Paul and Mary lyrics to my kids.
Thanks so much.
All the best-
Sandy

Peter Pinckney
08-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks Sandy........here's another one.........as you like Aliens:):):)

I did this one a long time ago!

Alexandra
08-02-2009, 02:54 AM
Fantastic Peter- I love it! But now you have stirred my creative pot, and it has begun to bubble over with hues of blue, yellow, and green....and maybe black..... I will be back soon......
Take good care Peter-have a wonderful weekend and to all who view today!
Love,
Sandy

screenpainter
08-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Fantastic thread! Amazing art and artists! I know of more fantasy artists out there. Hope they join in also. Really a great idea to have this showcase of fantasy art... it has been missing for so long. Great idea! What a fun place to visit. John, I relate very much to that beetle king. poor guy... what a problem.

Alexandra
08-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Gzair-hope to see your images soon. Having a ball here. Hope everyone does not mind my alien. I had teeth and fangs but it was too much-so I made the mouth like this.
:)

sandyg
08-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Alexandra I like your butterfly lady, I bet your daughter liked her.
All great pictures, great thread, I like fantasy too.

wenkat
08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I have posted this one in the main gallery:
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/6/2/5/8/alien_monster1.jpg

Alexandra
08-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Sandyg, thank you so much, I am glad you liked my Butterfly lady. I love your Pixie and Unicorn-just beautiful! I cannot wait to show it to my daughter.
Wenkat-another masterpiece!
I have a few I would like to work on, but I have to get them off of some of my old floppies-ha-that is how old they are.:D
Love to all!

juliediane
08-08-2009, 05:03 PM
you figure it out, you can have it......... started out in alchemy program/...brought it to artrage to make something of it......I don't recommend doing that..... it seems that using alchemy as a base pic makes the colors fade. Enjoy........

Julie

Alexandra
08-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Dearest Julie, thank you for posting here! Let's see....I see the insects, ecosystem management, keeping soil healthy and beautiful, thus providing clean air! Love it!:D

SCP
09-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Fantastic thread Alexandra! I love fantasy Art work,great to see all the images here, well done everyone.:):)
I might have to post something here too.

RobertSWade
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I only occasionally this visit sub-forum so what a pleasant surprise to find this thread. Wonderful work everyone and great idea Sandy. :)

lolalot
09-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Wow everyone! Insanely colorful picture! Super great job!

shrunkendesigner
09-05-2009, 07:45 AM
I love fantasy art and to be honest, ya don't see enough of it done in Artrage. Here are just 2 of my pieces I have done in this wonderful program. I hope you like em!

jbyrjbyr1
09-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Not sure how I missed this thread but I'm glad I stumbled across it today. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, science fiction, horror, etc in art, literature, movies, TV and whatever...(in fact, those are my areas of specialization as a literary agent) and the works in this thread are a treat. :D

This may be cheating, but I'm posting a work I originally put in the general gallery some time ago (in my defense, I've tweaked it somewhat since then). I'd been working on a detailed landscape (which I eventually finished) when I went off on a tangent, adding four female figures (each, hopefully, suggesting the fantastic) who are busily calling a cloud dragon. Fun stuff...

jb

Chibi J
09-05-2009, 08:37 AM
The first picture has a very Japanese Hungry Ghost feel to it all thoses eyes in the shadows. Shrunkendesigner.

sally packham
09-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Here is my effort, i posted it in the gallery a few days ago.

kailbarr
09-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Not sure how I missed this thread but I'm glad I stumbled across it today. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, science fiction, horror, etc in art, literature, movies, TV and whatever...(in fact, those are my areas of specialization as a literary agent) and the works in this thread are a treat. :D

This may be cheating, but I'm posting a work I originally put in the general gallery some time ago (in my defense, I've tweaked it somewhat since then). I'd been working on a detailed landscape (which I eventually finished) when I went off on a tangent, adding four female figures (each, hopefully, suggesting the fantastic) who are busily calling a cloud dragon. Fun stuff...

jb

I accually remember this in the work in progress section. It has come out great!

Alexandra
09-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Wow! Shrunk-too cool!!! Very colorful and unique. Great si-fi and fantasy-eerie!:eek::D
Jbyr-Fantastic landscape and clouds! Great painting!:)
Sally-Beautiful fairy! Great work!:)
SCP: come on-we are waiting!:D
Robert: Thank you for viewing and your kind comment:)
lolalot,Chibi, Kailbarr, thank you as well for taking the time to view and your comments.:)

Flynn_the_Cat
09-10-2009, 02:16 AM
*sneaks in*
*posts latest*
(I hit the 4000 pixel limit on this :( and couldn't finish... )

Alexandra
09-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Flynn, Amazing! I see the long hair and see this is a cape of elaborate design-makes me think of New Orleans. Beautifully drawn and designed!:)

Silentman
09-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah agreed awesome artwork Flynn, tis a gallery piece for sure :)

Silentman
09-10-2009, 10:27 AM
I don't know how i missed that awesome landscape, wow you painted it, so much detail and depth jb.

sandyg
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Flyn_ the_ Cat, your paintings great.
I did a Medusa, but my Medusa ia a sort of Vamp as well, so she bites first then turns them to stone.

sandyg
09-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Jbry, just seen your great scene that beach and cliffs are fantastic, love the dragon in the clouds just easing into the painting, great painting.
Hello Sally, well your Woodland Fairy turned out lovely, lovely bright painting.

Alexandra
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Oooo weee, scary Sandy! Great drawing and skill there! :)
So glad to see the posts here-Thanks Silentman and Sandy!:)

sandyg
09-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Thank you Sandy.

hanhepi
09-11-2009, 05:22 AM
glad to see there are lots of people in here who like scifi/fantasy! there are wonderful artists here, and i admire your works. i read a lot of stuff in the tips and tricks section of the forums here. :)

i don't want this to come off as spam, cause it ain't, but there is a an community for science fiction and fantasy artists, writers and fans of sci-fi/fantasy art. :) its called "Elftown". i've been a member there for years (name there is also hanhepi) a quick google search will give you the link, since i can't post it. also, there is "Elfwood", but i'm not a member there.

i need more artrage users there to show people what the program is capable of. (i kinda think the people there don't think the program is all that great, but with my stunning examples of art, i can't blame them.)

Alexandra
09-11-2009, 09:49 AM
hanhepi, I will be glad to check it out. Nice to meet you and thanks for posting on this thread.

Silentman
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Tell them they don't know what their missing and they ought to come and have a looksy at our gallery :)

hanhepi
09-12-2009, 02:06 AM
i'm glad i didn't get yelled at for mentioning the site. :) lol.

oh, i tell people all the time that even the free version of the program just rocks. it's so much like real painting without the mess. the only thing i don't like about the program is you can't rip the page off crumple it and fling it across the room when you realize you just made crap, not art. lol. i do sorta miss that. you can however scribble all over it, and that is some solace. (and i keep scrap paper by the desk so i can have the crumpling and throwing.)

cartuneman
09-12-2009, 04:00 AM
cool I'll have to check them out........ and you'll have to post your work here:D

Here are a few steps I took in creating this lil fantasy pic of a furrie....(is that how thats spelled ?) anyway I think I may have the finished pic on the site some where I'll have to hunt it down... This entire pic was drawn in art rage and then redesigned in art rage and painted in art rage. (The free sample download that is!) So even with the free sample download you can create some really cool stuff! Thanks Rage Bros!

Chibi J
09-12-2009, 11:26 AM
I think I can class this as fantasy it has fairies in it. My friend said her dog is finding plant pots and chewing them up so I replied it was causing mass fairy homelessness :) So I had to artrage that thought :D This was a speed paint just for my own amusement and a bit of stress release, sometimes an idea just speaks to you and you find they practically put them selves on the screen. :)

Alexandra
09-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Great skill and imagination you have Cartoonman. Fantastic! I love the lion, he makes me think of Aslan. The lady lioness-incredible.
Chibi, that is so sweet. It makes me think of my girls-2 labs and a sheep dog always poking about in the back yard. I haven't grown any flowers except tulips and a wild rose there because the labs are about two, and still big babies.

sandyg
09-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Well done Cartuneman, love the lion and ms Furry, great work.
Chibi j your speedpaint scene is lovely too.

Hally
09-14-2009, 05:28 AM
Hi :)

This is what I actually saw last night :eek:
For More Info - See Here : http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22264

Gryphern
09-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Stencils are the bomb--it was really easy to make this look like an actual airbrush painting. I'm finding ArtRage to be seriously exciting.

Alexandra
09-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Hally:
I like your picture. Thanks for posting and sharing your exciting story. There are so many sightings-and unfortunately we can not prove any thing at the moment. I believe that we just cannot be the only ones here in this huge universe-so you can say I am open to it all! :eek:

Gryphern: Great painting and colors! Thanks for posting on this thread.:)

Hally
09-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks! ... Alexandra ;)

Alexandra
09-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Gryphern: Did you say stencils? I had to look at your painting again. I really like your shading and highlights. Colors are just great! Great drawing!

Chopper
09-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Hi Alexandra,FIrst off really great painting the effect of light on the wing's looks really great,allas must admit i'm a big fan of fantasy myself

Alexandra
09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi Chopper, nice to meet you. This is one great painting of a dragon! Thanks so much for posting it and your kind comment is appreciated. I look forward to viewing more of your work. You are very talented!

Chopper
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
thank you for the comment,and yes i'm new too art rage so not much work yet at the moment but i'm really loving the software and new painting's will soon be added (especially fantasy) :) and thank you for the warm greeting's

sandyg
09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Saw this on the gallery and posted, this is the right place for your fantastic Dragon, I'll look forward to more of your work.

magicalpen
09-19-2009, 12:03 AM
I like specially Fashmir's picture with the
dragon rider, but I like the rest too.

Alexandra
09-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I agree Magicalpen, he is really talented, as are so many here. The pictures have such wonderful stories to tell!:)

weeun
10-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Hi Alexandra,FIrst off really great painting the effect of light on the wing's looks really great,allas must admit i'm a big fan of fantasy myself

Wow, that looks like Deathwing, I think that's it's name.
From the new World of Warcraft expansion.
Is it?
(By the way, it's amazing!)

For all who don't know who Deathwing is, here he is: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/
He's the big dragon, obviously! :p

Gray
10-11-2009, 06:47 AM
despite the recent dragon spree, I don't feel we're quite there yet. =D

Here's mine, although not as epic as Deathwing.

j p tingle
10-11-2009, 09:56 AM
i'm not sure if this counts as fantasy, but to me it does. it's a friends daughter and is entitled, innocent trepidation.

Gryphern
10-11-2009, 11:30 AM
He heeee! I'm getting better at this-- CHECK IT, google books has an old book with TONS of drawings of the veins of different butterfly wings. Search Google Books for "The butterfly book: a popular guide to a knowledge of the butterflies" almost all the sections on butterfly genuses have nueration (vein) diagrams. There's a guide to nueration illustrations in the contents.

I want to paste a direct link, but the forums don't allow me to. You can "snip out" and directly link to images from the text, I can keep a little library of image like this: books.google.com/books?id=w28pAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA242&img=1&zoom=3&hl=en&sig=ACfU3U2e5a9uKupsbzMpef5M8I-3AWEJIQ&ci=271%2C546%2C123%2C294&edge=0

Alexandra
10-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh my gosh, I have forgotten to check on the fantasy thread and look!

Weeun: I will have to check into this character, I am drawing a blank. Maybe because of my age. Thanks for your compliment.:)

Gray: Great dragon! :) I guess these terrific effects were finished in the cool software package included with the bamboo, huh?:mad::D Nah, just teasing with you!!! Beautiful dragon! We should draw some JRR characters. I would love to have a go at a Hobbit some time. Uh oh, I think I shall start a new thread!:D

j p: Well done, really beautiful.:)

Gryphern: Love the butterfly person, great painting, and really pretty.:)

Gray
10-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Heh. Actually, no. That was all 100% artrage. I've just been making an effort to use every tool in every painting to force myself to learn things about the program. It may be working, I'll have to give it a while to really figure out which tools are really useful and which are not so much. I suspect they are all extremely useful, I just have yet to find the ways in which they are most useful.

The bamboo came with corel painter essentials 4, but I honestly don't like it as much as I like AR. I haven't bothered with Nix photo Efects yet, I doubt I will. The art markers in CPE4 are a mess that only produce super dark lines despite all my efforts, the brushes don't do what I want them to do at all, and the pencil only really has precise mode. The only thing CPE4 has that AR doesn't is a good inking tool for graphic cartooning (of which I do enough that I miss it as a feature. AR3 anyone? The layout in 2.5 is simple enough that an idiot could understand it, and there is plenty of room for new features without clogging the overall design. (Perhaps I'm underestimating the true ingenuity of the idiot, but I doubt it.) You can make it a little more complex Ambient people, We'll still love you!) I for one am really looking forwards to AR3, and intend to buy it ASAP.

Alexandra
10-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Yes Gray, AR is fantastic. I ordered the disk, as my computer is old now, and I would like to have the option of loading it on more than one computer. We have our own in this house. Mostly junked one's, but hey they work.. I love to use corel and then import it to AR to use the special effects there, and I love the lay out the best. The textures, and the options of layers are fantastic. I commend the designers on that! If I don't need the masking tools, or paint bucket, I stay in AR all together.
I started out with Corel and adobe about ten years ago I think, and it took me a while to learn how to make adjustments to all of the tools. Once I learned, I loved it. The old corel that came with the original pens was much better Gray. There were so many more options. Why they took this away, I have no idea.
So happy of your contribution on this thread, and for joining AR. All the best to you!

j p tingle
10-12-2009, 07:54 AM
i did this afew years back with the origional artrage package. it was great back then and only keeps getting better. it's as close to wet painting as you can get.

j p tingle
10-12-2009, 08:04 AM
the dragon is there. but slightly abstract.

FreeAlchemist
10-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Quess it fits fantasy art theme. Portal somewhere far far away.
One of the first works with a pen tablet.

Alexandra
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Great Dragons JP. Wonderful colors and drawing.:)

FreeAlchemist: I like the portal, well drawn and great idea.:)

FreeAlchemist
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks Alexandra!!!:)

Peter Pinckney
10-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Through the wormhole....................

Caesar
10-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Here some of my very old ones ... I think most never saw them.

Caesar
10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
... and a couple of fairies too.

sandyg
10-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Great work Caesar, I've seen the 1st 3rd and 4Th in your space here, cannot remember seeing the others though, mind you, you've done many varied paintings, I like your Biblical ones best, but all your work is very enjoyable to view.
I like the portal FreeAlchemist.
Well done everyone, this is a great thread.
Sandyg.

Caesar
10-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Thank You very much, dear Sandy!

sweetpulp2004
10-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Thought that this will fit here well.

sweetpulp2004
10-15-2009, 03:34 AM
Such a sweet angel...

sandyg
10-15-2009, 04:17 AM
Good two additions Sweet pulp.
Sandyg.

Alexandra
10-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Peter, how on earth do you do these things, they are fabulous! I enjoy your work so much. Just beautiful.:)

Cesare, Awesome talent. Well thought out, and beautifully painted. I loved these! I will have to join in on the fairy paintings. I love fairies.:)

sweetpulp, these are beautiful fairies! I like the large wings, and the colors that you have chosen.:)

Caesar
10-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Thank You dearest Sandra! Fairies are OK, provided they don't bother too much, otherwise ....:D

Alexandra
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Ha ha!! Dear Cesare!! Brilliant!:D

Caesar
10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Thank You Sandra! No more DDT available in these times!:D

SnowFlakes
10-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't know if the thread still lives, but here's something I'm still working on heh.. I love fantasy!!! Awesome art from everyone.. (lol squashed fairy :D)

Silentman
10-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Just took a wonder from front to back, what a great theme you started here Sandra, there are many good works and it's a great wonder to have a look through them all :D

Boxy
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Some lovely works! Very enjoyable thread.
Here's a silly dwarf fellow I did recently.
Cheers

http://www.boxy.co.uk/uploads/AR3/dwarf2.jpg

Peter Pinckney
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
He looks a feisty little fella Sav! Brilliant!:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Peter Pinckney
10-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Here's a landscape from far away...............200,000 light years;)

Alexandra
10-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Peter, this is beautiful!

Alexandra
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Snowflakes, really beautiful lady there, is she a fairy? Beautiful colors, and well drawn.:)

Thank you Col. I have enjoyed it as well. So many talented people here.:)

Boxy, the tree is wonderful as well as the little dwarf-great painting there. I really enjoyed viewing.:)

Boxy
10-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks folks. :)
That is great Peter!

Peter Pinckney
10-27-2009, 05:32 AM
The atmosphere is a little thin here so we live inside...............there's more underground:D

Alexandra
10-27-2009, 06:04 AM
I am so happy to view this again Peter. Simply fantastic.:)

Teddy
10-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new here :) I decided to sign up after seeing this thread. It looked like a very cool idea and there are some really lovely pieces here!

Here's my attempt at a fantasy picture. I hope you like it!

Peter Pinckney
10-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi Teddy and welcome...............I don't think I'd argue with this guy:):):):)...............great first post!!!

Alexandra
10-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Oh yes, I agree-great drawing, and a big welcome Teddy.:)

Teddy
10-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome. I think I'm going to like it here :)

By the way, I was impressed by your picture, Peter. Especially the mountains!

weeun
10-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Wonderful, Teddy.
I wonder...Why do I think of the troll race from World of Warcraft when I look at your picture?
Must be my imagination.
I love it, however. :)

Teddy
10-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Actually, I forgot to mention that in my post (oops!) but you're quite right, weeun, it is a troll from World of Warcraft. Glad you like it. He looks mean but has a good heart ;)

Peter Pinckney
10-28-2009, 06:16 AM
"The atmosphere is a little thin here so we live inside...............there's more underground:D"

and here we are underground in one of our healing pools................................... the crystals in the walls are alive and emit healing radiation into the water..............:):)

Alexandra
10-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Stunning Peter!!!!:):):)

Peter Pinckney
10-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Last lattice pulsed laser message to the ship Ultimate Search:

"Find our descendants. Warn them. Help them to preserve their world so that...............
they do not make the same mistakes that we have made. Your journey will be long and we know we will never see any of you again Sisters and Brothers................we salute your bravery and your selflessness. Safe journey"

Message ends.

Peter Pinckney
10-29-2009, 02:57 AM
A Dream Helmet...............:)

Teddy
10-29-2009, 03:05 AM
That dream helmet is absolutely amazing! Wow!

Silentman
10-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Great painting Tedy and welcome to the forums :)

@ Peter is there nothing you can't find in that rabbit hole of yours lol

Great helmet indeed :D

Peter Pinckney
10-31-2009, 01:40 AM
We are going to the City.................we've been working outfield for seven periods now................it's time for a break.:D:D:D:D

Alexandra
10-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Peter, you need to make a book if you haven't already. This is toooo coool:D

Peter Pinckney
10-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks folks!

Here's an Arcturan interpreter...............in spite of his appearance Arcturans are one of the most peaceful races in the Cosmos.;)

Teddy
10-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi and thanks, Silentman :)

And another great picture, Peter. Keep it up!

Here's a quick daft doodle I did a while back which I scanned and coloured on my computer.

awesomedragonlover
11-01-2009, 04:12 AM
i don't have artrage yet but i plan on getting it soon, i wanted to know if you need a drawing tablet to use it or if it just makes it easier and makes the pictures you draw more detailed.:confused: because if so then i'm gonna have to pay lots more and also i'd like to know if it really matters what kind of tablet i get cause i want to spend the least i can for the tablet thanks!!!! :D

Squirls
11-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I used the touch pad on my lap top the first month. The nite sky I posted here was done with my fingers. Granted it doesn't hold a candle to some of the work here but that is my failure not ArtRage. When I did get a pad I spent $100 (including tax) on a nice wacom Bamboo. Get the free ArtRage for now but I warn you, I did that and bought the software the same night. Also check out the technical forums. More answers than you will have questions at first and they are VERY good at answering the ones you end up having. Have fun with it! :)

Alexandra
11-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Peter, are you sure he is peaceful? No just kidding, another beauty there.:)
Really nice Teddy.:)

Awesome, I would talk to as many experienced artists here as you can, maybe make a post if you haven't already in the tech area relative to concerns you may have about software. I have enjoyed Artrage software because of the easily accessed and viewed tools, such as the beautiful various types and textures of the paper. The engineers are very helpful and friendly too.
The bamboo comes with the most fantastic software programs also, and I would play with all the tools and the controls to learn it if you don't know them yet. :)

sandyg
11-02-2009, 04:38 AM
Great Alien Pete and Teddy your guy certainly has some muscles.

sandyg
11-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Just seen your amazing creations on the page before Pete, great work amazing colour.
I'm going to have to go through the thread again to get fully up to date.

Peter Pinckney
11-02-2009, 10:47 AM
A Pharnian Automated Defender...........DO NOT MESS WITH ONE OF THESE!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They issue only one warning before opening fire..............remember one!:p

Alexandra
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Really beautiful Peter!
Say Pharnian three times really fast. That is why we had to move the other night in a theater.:o

Peter Pinckney
11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
a proud race built great Cities....................another proud race destroyed......................................... ...........will we never learn?:(

Alexandra
11-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I enjoying viewing this in the gallery too Peter, and it is just fantastic.:):):)

Reniklaf
11-06-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm afraid I have no picture to upload at present but one of my sons is very keen on fantasy art. When he visits again, I will show him what a wealth of fantasy art your thread has sparked off. I'll let you know his reaction. :)

Alexandra
11-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Looking forward to it Reniklaf, and nice to meet you.:)

Peter Pinckney
11-08-2009, 12:23 PM
I carried one posted in the Gallery a bit further and found a Sentinel

silvy
11-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Beautiful space-fiction pieces Peter:):). Great!!

Peter Pinckney
11-11-2009, 04:51 AM
Visits about once every ten periods.

Carries 15,000 crew and travels 15xlightspeed.

Alexandra
11-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Oh yeah, love those Peter.:)

sandyg
11-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Great pictures Pete, fantastic lighting, like a scene from a space game.
I'm lousy in the game I always get lost in space, my son has given up on me.
Sandyg.

Gray
11-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Eve Online by any chance?

sandyg
11-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Eve Online by any chance?

No Gray it was Freelancer.
Sandyg.

Lima
11-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Peter, you need to make a book if you haven't already. This is toooo coool:D

Alexandra I've been through this wonderful thread... Fantastic art all around. Congratulations to you and all the artists. You are absolutely right about Peter fantasy. Just amazing and it would be nice making an ilustrate book or bande dessiné. Amazing, amazing...:eek::eek::eek:

Gray
11-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh nice. I actually have the disks for freelancer. Someone gave them to me. I still haven't gotten around to trying it out yet though =D

Alexandra
11-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Thank you so much Oriane. I have enjoyed it so much. All of the artists are fantastic! Peter is indeed one of the most fantastic artists. I really enjoy his paintings very much.

I bought Freelancer and haven't tried it myself either. I have not had the time in the last year to play any, and I really used to enjoy it. I am an old Tomb Raider collector and player. I think I have played just about all of them.

FreeAlchemist
11-22-2009, 08:15 AM
For some contrast with the science fiction posts:D
All works are great.

And this I guess is the edge of the world...

Alexandra
11-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Wow FrA, this is wonderful!!!! Great creativity there!!!!!:):):):)

Alexandra
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
I guess I should have posted this one here. Poor Pirate...Wade!:D
Having fun with layers and the effects.

FreeAlchemist
11-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Pirate should be happy to accompany such a pretty mermaid:)

wenkat
11-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Really thrilling posts here by E1!:)
This I've titled as 'Scary'....I doubt whether it'd do justice for posting here!

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/6/2/5/8/fantasy.jpg

Alexandra
11-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks FreeA, it was so funny that Bob compared her to me, I WISH!:o But I feel as you, he should have been happy, but the poor pirate couldn't breathe well- and refused her instruction on oxygen refersal deep sea breathing techniques.:p:D

Very striking Wenkat, leaving much to the imagination. A great contribution!:)

pozar
11-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Here;s one I did a couple of years ago,

Alexandra
12-01-2009, 01:51 PM
That is just precious!!!! Love it Pozar!!!!:)

hibebebebe
12-04-2009, 06:06 PM
terrific thread.

FreeAlchemist
12-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Just updated my previous image...

sandyg
12-05-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm just posting this here because I cannot for some reason upload to my user folder, so I'm testing to see if it works here.
Sandyg.

Lima
12-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Hey Sandy this one is just great. Very nice.

Alexandra
12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Great imagination FreeA! Looks wonderful!

Great dragon Sandy! I love the colors and the textures.

FreeAlchemist
12-06-2009, 08:21 AM

And sandyg...Very cute dragon:D

sandyg
12-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Thank you Oriane, Sandy and freeA for your comments, just took another look at your picture FreeA love those stars seem to be really twinkling,
great fantasy work.
Sandyg.

L Skylar Brown
12-09-2009, 11:18 AM
I have for some years focused on Sci-Fi and fantasy imagry for my own tastes. Only recently have I started revealing some. So, to play it safe for now (I'm a Newbie) here is one of my Mythical images - The Oracle of Delphi

sandyg
12-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I saw this on the Gallery and commented but it's worthy of another one.
Superb work Skylar, you are very talented.
Sandyg.

Gray
12-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Love the hair here. I've tried a few portraits, but none so successful as this. Great job!

Mike Severoff
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
This is useful for this thread?

saddy
12-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh such lovely fantasy art here! :p Absolutely fabulous ones!

Docsmith626
12-10-2009, 05:04 AM
McKlay, you are showing tremendous versatility. :D

Alexandra
12-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Skylar, Palette, colors, strokes, all absolutely wonderfully painted in The Oracle of Delphi! An incredible view!:):):):)

Such interesting and talented painting Michael! Great colors, and subject in your Reaper playing his come hither tune. No worries, it is fine here! I love it!!!!:):):):)

sandyg
12-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Well painted McKlay, very spooky, playing a deathly tune with the key of hades round it's neck. I wont venture there in the dark.
Sandyg.

Mike Severoff
12-10-2009, 10:13 PM
The cow is applied to the first my picture to clean a possible negative :D

Alexandra
12-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Yes, I forgot the cute and adorable cow. I hope it doesn't venture too close to the graveyard at night.:p:D

sandyg
12-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Art rage alien.
Sandyg.

DigitalViscosity
12-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Randomness =)

heikki
12-26-2009, 09:56 PM

Fantasy,,hmm..i dont know is this Flying Worm Fantasy,,,or real thing..:):p:)

graphicspirit
12-27-2009, 07:53 AM
It's always great so see other fantasy freaks :D nice works in here!

I'll post my own fantasy works when I am allowed to........

Alexandra
12-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Sandy, Trent, Heikki: These are great! Thank you for such wonderful and imaginative contributions!:):):):):):):)

Alexandra
12-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Graphicspirit-looking forward to seeing your works, and welcome!:)

sandyg
12-28-2009, 10:35 AM
heikki I love your colourful worm, the whole picture is bright and colourful,
you have a wonderful imagination. DigitalViscosity amazing painting.
Mcklay just took a look at Daisy the cow, sorry I didn't notice her at first too busy looking at your first painting.
Thanks Sandy this is a great thread.
Sandyg.

Alexandra
12-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks Sandy, you know I am so inspired by everyone's fantastic contributions!:)

337_lee
12-29-2009, 01:35 AM
I thought this might fit in here some how - my version of Tinkerbell. It's my first completed (I'll say it is finished - for now) painting with ArtRage.

Hope it fits in this thread

sandyg
12-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Welcome 337_lee, I love it, very well drawn and painted, well done lee.
Welcome to the forums and art rage, I'll look forward to more of your creations.
Sandyg.

pai
12-29-2009, 03:48 PM
beautiful one, Lee, and so well painted. Welcome to the forum. :)

Alexandra
12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
I agree with Sandy and Pai, this is great, professional quality artwork! Welcome, and we look forward to more of your art.:)

Bobbi
12-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I was playing with the sphere string and the smoothing knife and came up with this. This is somewhat unfinished but the possibilities just go on and on and on.

Alexandra
01-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Bobbi, This is fantastic! Thanks for this wonderful contribution!!!!

sandyg
01-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Great little Alien Bobbi.
Sandyg.

Teddy
01-07-2010, 04:14 AM
I haven't been active here for a while, so first of all, a belated Happy new Year to everyone! Nice pictures all round :)

This is a little doodle I did last night. I wanted to try out a different style, as well as use some of the tools I wasn't familiar with. Hope you like!

(I used a ref for the chainsaw. Those things are difficult to draw!)

Chibi J
01-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Cutsie fairy with chainsaw .. appeals to my sense of humour :).

Docsmith626
01-07-2010, 05:40 AM
There is something truly twisted about this. That's why I like it.

Alexandra
01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Happy New Year to you too Teddy! I need this pretty fairy to fly over to my wild hedges that are taking over my property!:D

Caesar
01-10-2010, 08:02 AM
I think he would to be glad establish and find home in this place ...

Alexandra
01-10-2010, 03:23 PM
He is awesome, funny, and so well painted Cesare!:)

AT-TA
01-25-2010, 05:47 AM
This is very good thread, Alexandra...i ididn't noticed it, till now. I must visit also.... wonderfull works here... never painted or drawn anything fantasy genre... but i will try, when my muse visits me... she is so busy elsewhere, lately.:-)

Alexandra
01-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Thanks AT. I would love to see something of yours. You have a wonderful talent! :)

Erindale
02-03-2010, 12:11 PM
A cheery leprechaun says hi.

Alexandra
02-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Great abstract piece of the mischievous but happy leprechaun Erindale!:)

Djenn
02-06-2010, 06:01 AM
This is my 3rd drawing. I tought I should draw a fairy, so I did it without example.

I hope you enjoy! :D

Alexandra
02-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Great fairy Jenn! :)

Djenn
02-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Ty Alexandra!:)

sabena
02-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi my friends, my contribution for fantasy art:)

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/5/7/5/6/sadness_748866.jpg

Alexandra
02-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi Sabena! So great to see you here, I love all of your artwork! Thank you for a wonderful contribution.:):):):):):)

AT-TA
02-06-2010, 07:07 PM
I promised Alexandra, so here i am with my contribution. I must ask my muse how to call it promptly in English... something like the ferries, danzing on the lake by the moonlight. Hope you like it. It is done without any help, just my muse and me... and my bad drawing...hahahaha....

Alexandra
02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I am so happy to see that you have added this to this section AT. I think is it such a beautiful painting. Many thanks!:):):):):)

Dunii
02-10-2010, 08:29 PM
:DI don't really hav aname for this
and i am hoping this comes under fantasy art
hope you guys like it

Alexandra
02-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Great job Dunii!

Alexandra
02-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Out of her pot
And into the night
Springs forth the flower sprite!:)

Dunii
02-21-2010, 01:24 PM
This is really something love teh colours the yeallow makes it so bright.
Beautiful work!

Alexandra
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Thank you Dunii, I am so happy that you liked her!:)

Caesar
02-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I thought they would be fitting this thread too ...

Alexandra
02-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Thank you Cesare. I loved this! I bet your boys really enjoyed the spaceship.
I am re-editing, because I didn't see the other paintings that you included. These are wonderful indeed. I see that many people check out this fantasy thread and these are a wonderful contribution. Wonderfully talented Cesare!:)

sabena
03-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Hi Alexandra My contribution to Fantastic Art:)
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/5/7/5/6/future_woman_785149.jpg

Alexandra
03-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Sabena, SO sorry there- I re-edited. Sometimes dial up is pretty miserable.
Thanks so much for your beautiful contribution!:)

artragist
04-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I just finished a piece, so I will post it. Process: I used five photos and merged them one at a time, painting behind and over them and applying blends in ArtRage Studio Pro. I was thinking of a crisis point in a story, if it were a fantasy book for kids. [The mother faerie rescues her baby chrysalis from potential night predators, such as the black crow below, just in the nick of tim.]

Caesar, your smushed faerie reminds me of Universal Studios Shrek 4D film, in which Tinkerbell buzzes around the room just when you think the film is over and then appears to fly out through one of the actual ventilation ducts and gets mashed (you can hear the sound, kind of like a Mr. Bill moment LOL). Eww but also kinda funny. :D

Alexandra
04-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Excellent idea's and a beautifully painted delight Artragist!:)

gioulin
04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
This is an Elf Defender...inspired from LineageII (MMORG online pc game),
full of mysteries and magic... :)

Alexandra
04-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Wow! OUTSTANDING!:eek::)

sweetpulp2004
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
This is an Elf Defender...inspired from LineageII (MMORG online pc game),
full of mysteries and magic... :)

Lady of my dreams... How did u give tht.. glittery shine ??:)

sweetpulp2004
04-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I just finished a piece, so I will post it. Process: I used five photos and merged them one at a time, painting behind and over them and applying blends in ArtRage Studio Pro. I was thinking of a crisis point in a story, if it were a fantasy book for kids. [The mother faerie rescues her baby chrysalis from potential night predators, such as the black crow below, just in the nick of tim.]

Caesar, your smushed faerie reminds me of Universal Studios Shrek 4D film, in which Tinkerbell buzzes around the room just when you think the film is over and then appears to fly out through one of the actual ventilation ducts and gets mashed (you can hear the sound, kind of like a Mr. Bill moment LOL). Eww but also kinda funny. :D

I agree yes they do rock... n urs Really Rocks ..cool one:)

artragist
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
Gioulin that simply rocks - what a glittery sensation! It's just gorgeous.
:D:eek:

gioulin
04-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Glitery effect made with different size star stencils,starting from your choice colour ,always to lighter colour :D

haha ,I love it!

javier
04-27-2010, 05:18 AM
No es uno de mis favoritos, pero bueno.:):):)

Alexandra
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Javier contribución ˇMaravilloso!

Alexandra
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Mermaids in blue lagoon.

Alexandra
07-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I forgot to add some of my fantasy paintings here in this thread-so here is my other one-the little wee ones admiring themselves in the garden gazing ball.

igornevsky
08-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Looking also digital-art-gallery.com/picture/gallery/fantasy from digital-art-gallery.com

Alexandra
08-19-2010, 08:17 AM
A Fairy for Katie
Flowergirl
I Love You
and
Looking

sandyg
09-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Great to see new creations here.

coops
09-04-2010, 09:06 PM
These are all wonderful Sandra:) you have such a great imagination

Alexandra
09-05-2010, 03:44 AM
Thank you Sandy and Katie.:) A hem....still waiting for some more ladies.:rolleyes::p:)

Bobbi
09-05-2010, 06:21 AM

47990I had never really checked out this thread. Some of these are absolutely fantastic. Hope you don't mind my adding a few that I had not thought of as fantasy but after viewing the other works in this thread I thought they might fit in.

Alexandra
09-05-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi Bobbi, thanks for checking it out, and thanks for the fine contribution-they are very pretty.:):):):):)

Alexandra
09-20-2010, 03:12 AM
Part moth, part butterfly, a fantasy winged creature that gives you a gentle kiss on the nose and a wish.

mannafig
09-24-2010, 07:50 AM
WOW I had forgotten about this thread until Sandy suggested I put my Deep sea Serpent here.
There are so many amazing works in here that I have missed I will have to be much more vigilant from now on:):)

Alexandra
09-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I am so happy that you uploaded this one here Amanda. It is so imaginative and beautiful! Fantastic work my dear friend!:):):):):)

mannafig
09-24-2010, 09:17 AM
You are most welcome my dear friend I am happy to be reacquainted with this fab thread:D:D

Alexandra
01-05-2011, 11:19 AM
A few more to add to our collection.

Caesar
01-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Looking at the above masked Red Hood illustration, actually I thought that the wolf looks more dangerous than usual and I hope the girl runs out without posing any of the three or four questions about granny's apparently horrible aspect and features .... :D
I proceeded to a quick sketch I coloured with mixed tools without any planning on one layer. Since it's a funny vignette I hope You would forgive the poor outcome especially considering I used the mouse. :(

goldenman
01-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Hellow nice people, i propose my unicorn. My english is very limited but i try :).

Alexandra
01-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Haha Cesare, this wolf looks as if he is up to something.:o Fantastic skill with the mouse. Are you going to get another pen?

Hi goldenman, welcome, beautiful unicorn, thanks so much for your contribution.:)

Chuckart
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Hope it's ok for this Project. :)

Alexandra
01-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Sure Chuck, and beautiful it is! Thanks so much.

FreeAlchemist
01-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Just tried to imagine what happens if different historical periods shift..

Alexandra
01-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Great imaginative piece FA!:):):):):):)

kenmo
01-27-2011, 08:00 AM
Some fantastic images in this thread.....:):):)

mikejl
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Lots of great work here. Fantasy is all I really do.

Here is my latest (done 60% iPad then finish in AR Studio on Mac):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ANUXY7d6PEc/TRbWbp6G82I/AAAAAAAAAg8/N6z4QUm71Uk/s1600/first+strike.jpg

Other stuff I have on here in Gallery or on my site

http://mikejl.deviantart.com/

Alexandra
01-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi Ken, I think so too. I love to look through it from time to time.

Fantastic Dragon Mike. It has a great 3D look.:):):):):)

Bluetabbycat
01-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Like mikejl, I only ever do fantasy stuff too. I did this one a while ago for a friend of mine on gaiaonline (http://www.gaiaonline.com).

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/Rachel_in_the_sky/SeinekePyera.png

Alexandra
01-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Stunning Bluetabbycat! Thank you. There are so many wonderful artists here of every level of talent. I've really enjoyed viewing their work. Glad to have you aboard.:)

Bluetabbycat
02-09-2011, 04:30 AM
I thought I'd add another one, since this thread seems a little slow.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee317/Rachel_in_the_sky/guagefin.png

Chuckart
02-26-2011, 07:46 AM
Got myself a Tablet and the book Bold Visions by Gary Tonge. Here's my version of his Eventide (Sunset in a Fantasy World)

Alexandra
02-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Wow BlueTC, really cool!

Oh beautiful Chuck! Colors are wonderful! I really want to try more to paint landscapes, I've avoided it this year, so difficult for me. I think I will upload my latest too.

Chuckart
02-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Exploration of the Zarra System

Alexandra
03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Oh I like that Chuck, beautiful effects and colors!

Chuckart
03-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks Alexandra

I have a feeling we shall see more images from the Exploration of the Zarra System

;)

Alexandra
03-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Okay Chuck, I'm looking forward to it.

Bluetabbycat
03-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Woo! Alexandra, I really like your floating tree! How did you do the leaves?

Landscapes are usually an afterthought for me... I need to practice doing them more. :(

Chuckart
03-06-2011, 12:21 AM
more Space Art

Alexandra
03-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Beautiful work Chuck! I tried to make a space painting, and I need more practice. My planets mostly.

BTCat, Hi there, and thank you. I used the Sticker spray, artbrushes-blooming down in the tool bar on the bottom. I particularly like to duplicate areas and play with the effects offered for the layers.:)

Chuckart
03-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Alexandra

Selection tool > Circle, some imagination (which you have in bucket loads loads from what i've seen) and paint or an image for texture, Selection tool > Circle and paint for light and shadow:)

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Okay Chuck, I will try, but don't laugh.:rolleyes:

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Okay Chuck, my hubby and kids liked it, but I think the bottom planet is more like a marble. I duplicated the space three times moving it around and expanding and changing the opacity in between the planets. I have to admit, this was a blast to do!:D

Chuckart
03-08-2011, 06:16 AM
I think you were maybe pulling my leg when you stated you needed more practice Alexandra :D

Alexandra
03-08-2011, 07:56 AM
This was the first try since I have learned to use layers Chuck, honest! My planets still look like marbles though.:rolleyes