PDA

View Full Version : Indian Chief Painting

Bobbyray
07-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi All,

OK, here is the Indian Chief painting that I am working on. It has a long way to go. I do have three versions but this is the main one. Any ideas comments or critiques are most welcome.

weeun
07-20-2009, 07:59 AM
Great painting. Three things you need to work on however.

1. Necks are sloped, not straight up and down. Perhaps you can find some neck-reference pictures? :p

2. If he is Indian, should he not be more tanned than that?

3. Try adding eyelashes and making the lips a little smaller, no offence, but he kinda creeps me out. :o

That's all I suppose. It's amazingly well done. :)

chambersecrets
07-24-2009, 03:31 PM
i agree. i would also work on his eyes, not so wide opened. he looks a lil "Shocked" also with the lips make them a bit smaller and remember the V shape under the nose and the top of the lip. other then that its looking good. cant wait to see it finished.:D

Silentman
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I think what you have at this stage is a good under painting, now go and paint the shadows and highlights, and add some texture. Remember to keep the fine details to a minimum except for where you want the viewer to focus, which i suppose would be his face in this portrait.

Over all good job i think ;)

Canvasian
07-25-2009, 09:23 AM
looking good so far... my only suggestion aside from what others have said would be to try darkening the shadows a bit... they're kind of light as is, and darkening them may bring out some detail.