PDA

View Full Version : How to keep track of tools used?

Sunflower
06-29-2009, 07:33 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to ArtRage and this is my first post. I've been reading these forums while learning to use this program and I love your wonderful, warm and friendly community.

My question to all you experienced artists is this: what do you use to keep track of the tools you use while painting?

I've now gone for the option of writing down using my stylus on a layer in my painting, something like "Outline: pencil, pressure 50%, softness 50%, tilt 0%, precise on, size 70%, colour 0-0-0" (rgb numbers for colour). It's not the best way because it fills a whole layer, but at least I don't lose it!

Best wishes,

Sunflower

Juz
06-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Sunflower and welcome, nice to meet you:)
At the moment I am working the same way as you... putting notes in the layered file and hanging onto that for brush and metal settings.

I have requested an 'annotate' feature for a future version, but for now we will have to stick with the workaround you've already figured out.

Sunflower
06-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi Juz,

Thank you for the welcome and your reply!

flyashy
06-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Hopefully AR3 will let us save settings..
*sigh*

Silentman
06-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I reckon a history save option would be invaluable, like photoshop, you get it to save detailed info to a text file automatically :)