PDA

View Full Version : Project the third

Bacon41
06-20-2009, 01:21 AM
OK, I've been steeling myself for this moment. It's been hectic in work, but I managed to take a few screenshots for this next project.

Flyashy, I decided to take your advice and just try drawing something - to try and improve my poor attempts at proportion and scale that usually result.

First - to deviantart and get a few piccies for reference material and off we go.

Bacon41
06-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Hmmm... horribly proportioned person and several goes at correcting before I move on to plan B and use the tracing tool again. I am planning to make this a composite image using different photo references, so it will still be original in a way :rolleyes:

Bacon41
06-20-2009, 01:29 AM
I found a girl who will be the new rider also on deviantart. A quick bit of resizing and rotating and the image was traced and added in to the existing rider. You will see the reference photo on later screenshots.

Bacon41
06-20-2009, 01:31 AM
Background layer added. Looks a bit busy but I'm sure it will be OK (watch this space:confused:)

Bacon41
06-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Shuffle it all around a bit and start painting. I'm determined to avoid using the colour picker and try to go with what I feel may be correct. However, as someone else pointed out in another thread, I have always been a pencil artist and colour always seems to escape me, somehow.

More to follow soon.

weembaman
06-20-2009, 05:38 AM
Great work so far..I'm looking forward to watching this progress...Well done...:)

SCP
06-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Very good design and progress so far:)Keep it going;)