PDA

View Full Version : Halftone screen stencils

Peter W
06-06-2009, 01:31 PM
A set of halftone screen stencils.Could be useful for manga type drawings etc.
Download the set of 10 stencils here - http://www.mediafire.com/?ditdmmmmvmw

Contact sheet and rough example of them in use -

wenkat
06-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks; they're useful to all serious AR users!:)

foxytocin
06-06-2009, 02:09 PM
PeterW, you seriously rock. All these textures and background files are marvelous! Thanks so much for sharing....

Peter W
06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
PeterW, you seriously rock. All these textures and background files are marvelous! Thanks so much for sharing....
You're welcome! :)

Rowena
06-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Wonderful, thanks!

Gryphern
09-14-2009, 06:12 AM
This is great, I was hunting for half tones and there were a number of sites that would let me buy their low-res halftone templates for 20 USD, which was hideous.

screenpainter
04-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for these. :)

kenmo
04-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Very nice collection!!!!

Bobbi
06-23-2011, 01:05 AM
I am definitely going to use these to create new canvases. The textures make for interesting effects when using different tools. Thank you !!!!

kurt_hectic
08-14-2011, 01:52 AM
thx, I like things like those. I always say "no" to white and clean paper.

Polioliolio
05-03-2014, 08:27 AM
This is great... but.. Is there a higher resolution version?

I'm looking to just create circles pattern, but because the image canvas is very large, scaling the halftone stencils results in blurry pixelated looking circles.

Hm.. I'm having quite a bit of trouble with this. I'm sure it's easy to create a pattern of circles... but.. how? GAH! It's driving me mad.

Someonesane
05-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Hm.. I'm having quite a bit of trouble with this. I'm sure it's easy to create a pattern of circles... but.. how? GAH! It's driving me mad.

I'm not currently at home, so I won't be able to walk you through it, but if you're using ArtRage 4, you can use the pattern tool for this now. The idea would be this:

1 - On a new painting, use the ink pen to make a single dot on you canvas (make it any size you'd like, but keep it small if you're looking to make tight halftone patterns.
2 - Use the selection tool to select the area around the dot, leaving a small amount of empty area around it.
3 - Use the "crop to selection" option (which I think is under the Edit menu) to crop the canvas to the selection.
4 - export the painting as a .png image.

Now you're ready to use it for a half tone.

5 - Open the image you'll be using your halftone on and then select the Fill tool.
6 - open the settings panel and select the Pattern Fill option, and then load in the image you just made as the pattern to use.
7 - Now you have a choice to make. You can use the selection tools to select the areas you want filled with the halftone and then fill the selection area in with the fill tool, or you can just fill an entire layer with the fill and erase the excess away.

I have another method, but since I'm posting this from my ipad, it'd be tough to get through. When I get back in the next two days, I'll try to make a better tutorial, if need be.