PDA

View Full Version : One method to make thick layer.

heikki
09-02-2006, 11:48 PM
:)

Hi.

I found this thick layer properties accidentally when i train this program.

So i wrote this tip, how to make thick layer.

1. Open new painting.
- 50*50pix
- opacity0
- roughness 0

2. Use oil color tube.
- 100% pressure
- 100% wide
- color own choice
- press tube one time

3. Rescale painting.
- 1000*1000pix

4. Resize canvas.
- 50*50

And this step use 'position the paintigs' so that paint looks same color or how i say, paint surface is hmm.flat that small image.

5. Rescale painting.
- Final image size that what you want to use.

Now you have thick flat layer to use.

And when keep this thick layer on the bottom layer, then all layer up it, if those layers edit paper opacity is 0, also hmm. take effect of this bottom layer when draw or rubber something of it.

It is usefull when want to make frames or want to found light and shadows by using this program properties. Maybe can use other ways also?

Hmm. I must say that Andy has done quite fantastic idea bit-programming of this artrage program.

D Akey
09-03-2006, 10:20 AM
heikki, works great. Smile

Here's my result. It's different than some of the effects you'te getting.

How did you get that really soft shadow and highlight?

Thanks!

D Akey
09-03-2006, 10:20 AM
My test

AndyRage
09-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Check his eraser settings - set the softness of the eraser to full, and the pressure to low.
Then the eraser makes gentle impressions in the thick paint.

D Akey
09-03-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks Andy!

I should have thought of the eraser since it was selected in his screen grab.

Softness full, pressure none, eh?

Good deal.

heikki
09-03-2006, 05:44 PM

Yes, soft and gentle-man pressure. :D

I put one excample of my technical style frame and layers to see how it work with layers.

Tips.

I have this image bottom layer edit papers setting grain roughness0, so metal looks smooth.

But if change bottom layer grain and roughness can then get different surface on this metal-surface.

There is one of this image kind of paintings on my web-page of my technical drawings collection, where can see what kind is final result of metal-frames. Engineering style art, i think.:D

http://www.moheitulkuri.fi/tekniikka.htm

D Akey
09-03-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm getting very impressed heikki!

Very cool look to your work these days.

maror
09-04-2006, 02:42 AM
:D that's so cool.... there are some many posibilitys to use artrage...i thnik even in texturing it is good...my test

yammy
02-14-2007, 01:46 AM
how u do that rounded dab of paint effect?

It looks like I took a tube of paint on vertical and pressed it over the canvas, and put just a litle paint over.

[]s

maror
02-15-2007, 09:12 AM
hi yammy

you got it, just select the tupe and tip on the screen...this effect appears!

happy experimenting

greez

AndyRage
02-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I hope you appreciate the many hours of work that went into the procedural modelling of what paint does when you press a tube of oil-paint onto a physical canvas and squeeze out different amounts.

There are several sheets of canvas in my workshop covered in spotches of oil-paint squeezed from the tube. They were my references for the simulation.

pai
02-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm also having fun testing oil paints with different combination and making notes of it. Slightly different % can have different effect. Can't remember them all. It can tell there're lots of hard work in this program.

nakedfanatic
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I hope you appreciate the many hours of work that went into the procedural modelling of what paint does when you press a tube of oil-paint onto a physical canvas and squeeze out different amounts.

There are several sheets of canvas in my workshop covered in spotches of oil-paint squeezed from the tube. They were my references for the simulation.

Ah-ha! I've often wondered how much painty experimentation lies behind the Artrage engine.

Adam Black
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM

I appreciate everything about this program. I played with the free version for all of 15 minutes and said, "I need this". Showed my wife (she's an oil painter) and she wholeheartedly agreed. :D

laginou
11-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Thank you so much! I have tried this technique on ArtRage pro. It works very well. I have a lot of fun with this way of painting.:)