PDA

View Full Version : Moara - Coops

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Caesar
09-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Well thought tribute to an outstanding late artist and unique character in here, dear Katie! Actually You should have rented the Beaubourg to fit a meaningful part of his production up to now, but I guess few people would have survived the visit to such an exhibition, either because of the long distance to walk and time to take and because of too much fun and luaghter in some cases ...:o;)LOL

pat1940
09-11-2015, 12:48 PM
So good to see dear eightys wonderful art displayed in such an appropriate way, he should be so proud as we are so proud of him, congrats dear friend, well deserved, thanks Katie

coops
02-08-2016, 02:45 AM
I thought with the passing of our dear friend Mairzie it would be fitting to bring back her gallery for all to see.

eighty+
02-08-2016, 03:05 AM
Katie Is it true. !! Mairzie. Dotes and litte lamb eat ivy a did ivy do would you a song for her from

the forties. Have camera. Will travel. Go gal go.

byroncallas
02-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Katie, I was so sad to of Mairzie's passing through D'Akey's moving tribute. https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?50705-You-re-so-missed-Marzie-Dotes!-Bon-voyage-dear-one

I really don't know quite what to say. Mairzie was such a big, beautiful, loving, and inspiring presence in this forum for so many of us for so many years. My mind drifts to countless group and personal exchanges on so many topics from serious to frivolous; Mairzie somehow never failed to make any exchange a contribution; the many moments she made me laugh will always be with me. I'm grateful I had an opportunity to know her. I am deeply saddened to hear of her passing. Thank you so much for posting this fitting MOARA tribute to her. It is a moving and fitting reminder of her talent, generosity, and loving spirit. I will surely miss her.

eighty+
02-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Ho Ho HO Katie Coops Keeper of the Moara and North East Gate Sorry I missed only just seen this Morning as was woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep

so grabed the IPad and there and behold You done me Proud Thanks sad about Mairzie as I always thought of her as about in her mid thirties why i was so

shocked :(:(:( ok Good to see your back at Moara Congrats ........... Mr Ploos CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ................POZDRAWSKI

Have you heard from Robbie and Doc Lima ???

D Akey
02-09-2016, 12:21 PM
I thought with the passing of our dear friend Mairzie it would be fitting to bring back her gallery for all to see.

Just Brilliant, Ms Coops. What a sweet tribute it was originally, and doubly so now.

I hope you also get the appreciation for all the years you've devoted to this thread. You acknowledged nearly everybody and it's a fantastic time capsule of creative energy from so many. It's both a gallery and a yearbook. This keeps all the participants from dissolving back into the millions of undifferentiated colors from whence their creative light emerged in such fascinating and humanized constellations. There were people behind each page and seeing them brings them back for a momentary visit. Thanks again for your tremendous contributions both in tribute to others, but in your own paintings.

You were quite right to have commented that Mary Ann will live on through her Art. . . as will all through our friends and loves. Mary Ann was blessed with both.

Thanks again, Ms Coops.

Caesar
02-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Thank you, dear Katie for keeping and safeguarding all the life and history of this Forum which really incarnates in so many persons spreading creativity, emotions, joy, fun and, most of all, love, love for the world, for the life, for each other. Many into one and each one into many contributions and souls. Like the musketeers ...
In this way nobody disappears or even dies flying away lost and unseen as a dry leaf, but stands ever and ever as an inspiration and gift.
So it is for our dearest Mary Ann, Gzairborne, no more with us and anyone else who blessed this Forum and were blessed by your care in this MOARA.
You're like Heimdall, the Asgard's rainbow bridge guardian who defends the access into the world of the gods, since, in a way, this thread is a sort of Pantheon of artists.
I think You would already deserve a special mansion in this Museum and a gratitude tribute also for the next century You would hopefully be healthy and keep on arranging artistically each individual mosaic of art.
As for the fantastic Mary Ann (alias Mairzie Dotes), I only apologize and I'm sorry that not even super-Caesar, as she humorously portrayed me (top-left) :( and rightfully made fun of me in such a lovely way, can reach her flying so much higher, to get one of her lovely laughters and witty replies. Too sad, but a honor and pleasure to have met her, as painful as it may be her present departure.

coops
02-12-2016, 04:22 AM
That brought a smile to my face Cesare I remember fondly her great sense of humour:)

coops
02-25-2016, 04:22 AM
DANNY 72
Danny is a fantastic artist and contributes so much to the forum so I hope you all like his gallery in MOARA

eighty+
02-25-2016, 04:56 AM
Well done Katie Coops keeper of the Moara and the north east Gate well deserved for Danny

The Dutchmans. Talent. CIAO IVAYA. CON. DIOS. S

danny72
02-25-2016, 06:55 AM
DANNY 72
Danny is a fantastic artist and contributes so much to the forum so I hope you all like his gallery in MOARA

Thank you so much!!!!...I'm honored :-)

danny72
02-25-2016, 06:56 AM
Well done Katie Coops keeper of the Moara and the north east Gate well deserved for Danny

The Dutchmans. Talent. CIAO IVAYA. CON. DIOS. S
Such a nice thing to write.. Thank you !!!

gxhpainter2
02-25-2016, 07:55 AM
Congratulations and well done and richly deserved Danny!..

D Akey
02-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Hey Danny! Well done, my good man!

You've been a work force to be reckoned with and your appetite for perfect portraits in both straight and caricature, it really has produced some wonderful results in short order. It's great seeing them collected in your room at the MOARA Gallery.

I expect you will have many commissions in the years to come. A fabulous start to a splendid career.

Go man go!!!!!!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

danny72
02-25-2016, 08:51 AM
Congratulations and well done and richly deserved Danny!..
Thank you :-)

danny72
02-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Hey Danny! Well done, my good man!

You've been a work force to be reckoned with and your appetite for perfect portraits in both straight and caricature, it really has produced some wonderful results in short order. It's great seeing them collected in your room at the MOARA Gallery.

I expect you will have many commissions in the years to come. A fabulous start to a splendid career.

Go man go!!!!!!!!

Wow Thanks D Akey. You People made my Day here on Artrage Forum. I having a really happens Day today,and giving me alot of inspiration :-)

Caesar
02-25-2016, 10:17 PM
This room was absolutely deserved by Danny72 as one of the top class portraitist and caricaturist in here and we will never cease to be grateful to our legendary Katie-Coops for her office which she carry out so masterfully and artically arranging in the fittest architectures and compositions each mate collection of artworks!
We must realistically realize that, making any due exorcism, something will remain digitally and collectively in here of such creative and fantastic people and so many good artist who attended this Forum even after some of them left this mundane place or, in a hundred years time, will ....;):o

pat1940
02-26-2016, 01:49 PM
A well deserved artist, congrats Danny, Katie always does a beautiful job

byroncallas
02-28-2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks Katie, congrats Danny. Wonderful tribute, and Danny, your paintings are marvelous.

danny72
02-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Thanks Katie, congrats Danny. Wonderful tribute, and Danny, your paintings are marvelous.
Thank you very much!!! :-)

coops
03-31-2016, 04:35 AM
ENUG'S GALLERY

I hope you all enjoy the gallery for Enud who is a wonderful artist

pat1940
03-31-2016, 04:41 AM
What a beautiful gallery for June, dear Katie, she should be so proud, as she is a wonderful artist that I enjoy so much, congrats to you June, well deserved

D Akey
03-31-2016, 10:52 AM
Delightful to find that MOARA is still open and taking visitors. This is a really nice sampling from our painter from Down Under.

I can hear the didgeridoo, not to mention all these gorgeous life forms here depicted.

I feel like I'm in a time machine in which I was sitting in an aboriginal cave filled with paintings of animals -- and here we are in the same cave, updated and modernized -- but still with the animals and plants. Didgeridoo becomes grand piano. Nature spirits having a chat over coffee. Feels like this could well be a wardrobe for a nature spirit, with animal outfits to put on when going out into the world.

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Well done June!!!!

(Thanks again Ms Coops!)

justjean
03-31-2016, 11:11 AM
June, a beautiful and much deserved gallery with all your lovely paintings :D. And to you Ms Coops thank you for all your time and effort :D

Enug
03-31-2016, 05:54 PM
Thank you Katie - I feel honoured to be included in the Gallery and among such illustrious company. Thanks so much dear friends for your generous comments.

Danny, I missed your Gallery room - you truly deserve your terrific artwork to be portrayed in such an artistic way by Miss Katie. Congratulations!

danny72
03-31-2016, 06:55 PM
ENUG'S GALLERY

I hope you all enjoy the gallery for Enud who is a wonderful artist

89445 So deserved!! I see paintings i havn't seen before..Beautiful paintings!!! Great gallery :-)

Caesar
03-31-2016, 10:44 PM
Well done, dar Katie-Coops! A well deserved room for June too!

byroncallas
04-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Another terrific tribute, Katie. Seeing June's wonderful paintings brought together so creatively is a delight.

Enug
04-04-2016, 01:56 AM
Danny, Caesar and Byron - thank you all for the lovely comments.

sabena
04-11-2016, 03:54 AM
Congratulation ENUG for your beautiful gallery

Congratulacion COOP for you continue the series of galleries over the years;););););););)

byroncallas
10-16-2016, 06:25 AM
Just a note to Lima and Katie: I still find myself coming back to this thread to review the tributes to so many of our friends who have shared their art with all of us. Terrific stuff.

D Akey
10-16-2016, 07:05 AM
Just a note to Lima and Katie: I still find myself coming back to this thread to review the tributes to so many of our friends who have shared their art with all of us. Terrific stuff.

Based on your prompt, I just went back a ways and many of the posts seem fresh again. Had to catch myself before falling down the rabbit hole. A lot of creative energy, wasn't it? Well, what drew me to Art in the first place was the notion that the Art world was populated with groups like the Impressionists with whom an artist could sit around outdoor cafe tables and just socially fashion the creative drive into all manner of shapes. I think this came closest to fulfilling that interest in my life. The Art ran the gamut of subjects, styles and skill levels, but the people. . . wow. I think that's where the real Art lived -- in the artists. The paintings and all were very cool, without a doubt. But it was the artists where I saw the real Art emerge. Terrific stuff for sure.

Hope you're still finding a creative outlet, Byron.

:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

eighty+
10-16-2016, 08:25 AM
Thanks Byron see if you can get Katie coop's back as she has gone A.W.O.L

byroncallas
10-18-2016, 09:59 AM
DAkey: Ditto your thoughts, in spades.

Eighty+: I've been absent awhile myself. Life seems to have those moments, sometimes long ones, where we must put our attentions elsewhere. I trust we'll hear from Coops again. It was great to see you are still here making all of your wonderful contributions. Your thread is a genuine phenomena, past half way to a million views. Even when I've been away for long stretches, I make sure to check in with what you are up to. You give us all something rewarding to come back to again and again. :)

eighty+
10-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Thanks. Bryon. I've just been viewing Moara From the start. Great I did enjoy it. But sad for

Who have gone. To the great art gallery. In the sky I'm only just hanging on myself :D:D:D:D:D

OK. CIAO. IVAYA. CON. DIOS. SLAINTE

D Akey
10-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Thanks. Bryon. I've just been viewing Moara From the start. Great I did enjoy it. But sad for

Who have gone. To the great art gallery. In the sky. . .

Well, not as many as you might think went skyward. Many just went out for some fish and chips and got pressed into the Queen's navy. Some may have gotten high as the crow's nest, I reckon. Others definitely made the full trip. Artists be of quite diverse altitudes, I'll be timber shivered.

PoseDrawSki sez: "Yaaar!"

ˇVaya con the four winds and the seven seas plus a couple trips round the hornpipe makes. . . um. . .makes three pounds six. Make yer mark!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::p:p:p:p:p:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

byroncallas
04-27-2019, 02:29 PM
Is it possible that there has been no action on this thread since October 17, 2016? I've been away, I know. But a chance visit today brought me here, and I was surprised.
Regardless, hello to old friends should you stumble on this little entry here.

D Akey
04-27-2019, 06:01 PM
Hi Byron. . . It's sort of the feeling that this particular parade has passed. Was really something to see. Now it's like people packed up their coolers and lawn chairs and headed to their respective places to paint. The paint is still flowing though.

I moved into a neighborhood years back that previously, when it was a new development had young families. And there were stories of their kids growing up together and they had block parties and it was a proper neighborhood. Alas, when I got there, the kids had grown up and moved out, and several of the owners had sold and moved off to some place to retire and that was the end of that social dynamic. So I missed that window, but I have a nice home without the social immediacy of neighbors that I hang with. But it happens as a natural part of the changing world in which we live. I had those families that my son went to school with while he was in school and there were those activities that brought us together. But all those kids grew up and off they all went.

So now there's a different phase. Also good. But those times were something to cherish almost as a gift in which the heart could really express in specific ways that come from communiuty.

byroncallas
04-29-2019, 06:09 PM
Hi Byron. . . It's sort of the feeling that this particular parade has passed. Was really something to see. Now it's like people packed up their coolers and lawn chairs and headed to their respective places to paint. The paint is still flowing though.

I moved into a neighborhood years back that previously, when it was a new development had young families. And there were stories of their kids growing up together and they had block parties and it was a proper neighborhood. Alas, when I got there, the kids had grown up and moved out, and several of the owners had sold and moved off to some place to retire and that was the end of that social dynamic. So I missed that window, but I have a nice home without the social immediacy of neighbors that I hang with. But it happens as a natural part of the changing world in which we live. I had those families that my son went to school with while he was in school and there were those activities that brought us together. But all those kids grew up and off they all went.

So now there's a different phase. Also good. But those times were something to cherish almost as a gift in which the heart could really express in specific ways that come from communiuty.

Yes old friend, some truths ring more true with each passing year, for each and everything has its season; the past is but a dream, the present is what is real, the future an unknown that will be a past far quicker than a child can ever imagine. Be well.

D Akey
05-05-2019, 05:47 AM
Space-Time fanciers have come up with the idea that it all exists like an LP record, and we are merely riding the needle through the grooves and it gives the illusion of change. Who the (blank) knows. Heh. Your comment brought it to mind. But with the Internet and all the old stuff immediately accessible, it sort of feels like we're existing in a Licorice Pizza or Tower record store, which I'm certain you remember. And the Sci-Fi writers all grabbed their quills. . . I mean pens. . . er, I mean keyboards.

eighty+
05-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Yes Moara Cap. Mac. Did you see. Katie Coops. On your travel’s. ??? Check to see if she ‘s retired. Ok. As there’s
Two Aussie girls who might fancy having a go. Ok. Let’s see if your power’s of peswasion. ? Can still work :D:D:D
CIAO SLAINTE. HASTA LA VISTA. IVAYA CON. DIOS. ����

D Akey
05-06-2019, 05:10 AM
So ye found a couple lassies in the land down unda. No wonda ye been AWOL. Doesn't appear Ms Coops has been active for a long bit, ArtRagously speaking, that is. Been AWOL herself since March 2017. Lovely thought that she might. She really made a major contribution supporting the community with tributes to their art when the forum was cookin' along. Would be great to see her around again. Maybe as the forums build back up it could happen then. Who knows.

byroncallas
05-06-2019, 03:05 PM
D' Akey/Eighty,
Someday perhaps there will be a reunion of sorts for those of us from those bygone days still on this earthy plane to somehow do a little general catch-up on Life's goings on. I know these kind of thoughts are usually considered a bit naive or juvenile, but what the hell. I'd love to know what some of our old friend are up too, the joys and travails, whatever the natural unwindings, or spots on the groove in the 33rpm. Meanwhile, keep on truck'en. Best to you both, b

pai
05-07-2019, 07:41 AM
It's nice to see your post again, byron. :) I also love to hear from the old friends from the past , like Ceasar, Nika, Speggie, and so many others. (I am bad with names too) Still love to come in once in awhile to check out creative art works. Keep going Artragers :D

byroncallas
05-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Pai, lovely to hear from you. Much hope you are well and thriving. :)

byroncallas
07-19-2020, 07:29 AM
14 months since raised to the top.
This remains a wonderful tribute to many terrific artist who treated us to so much vibrant art over quite a number of years.
Great stuff in here.

D Akey
05-25-2021, 03:46 PM
Just bumping this old thread up to the present. Saw Saphire's question about what happened to it. Set me to wondering as well. When going over some very old hard drives I came across one of the videos that someone (Oriane Lima I think) put together with music, like a walk through of a proper real-world museum, only it was made up of the artwork and artists who posted in ArtRage over the years up to the point that they stopped a number of years back. Was a bit sentimental when looking at the energy and all the people. Coops and Oriane Lima were really ones mostly behind creating rooms. <sigh>

Anyway, here it is bumped up once again.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Saphire
05-25-2021, 09:14 PM
Thank you D Akey
This thread should be made a sticky so its always at the top. It’s Artrages own Museum, I can loose so many hours going through this thread and its sad when it gets buried.

D Akey
05-26-2021, 05:26 AM
Thank you D Akey
This thread should be made a sticky so its always at the top. It’s Artrages own Museum, I can loose so many hours going through this thread and its sad when it gets buried.

Indeed, especially since the individual gallery pages have been deleted, this serves as a collective memory bank about all the work and some of the play that came from ArtRage being around. Thanks for thinking about it, Saphire.

limey-g
05-27-2021, 08:55 AM
So nice to look back on old times when the group was much larger, although for me it brought the sad times with my wifes passing.
Still things are much brighter now and it would be great to see the old site revived.
Limey-g

byroncallas
05-30-2021, 01:29 AM
Hi D Akey. Hard t believe it's been another year since my last visit - and our Bobby Dylan exchange (the boy just turned 80, you know.)

Sapphire is right, this thread should be a permanent sticky.

Maybe today I'll poke around and see what has popped up around here in the last year.

Hope you remain well, and all that jazz.

byroncallas
05-30-2021, 01:35 AM
So nice to look back on old times when the group was much larger, although for me it brought the sad times with my wifes passing.
Still things are much brighter now and it would be great to see the old site revived.
Limey-g

Limey-g, sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Condolences.
Yes, going through the Moara (I do every year or so it seems) does bring back fond memories of the old gang a decade ago.
Hope the times are treating you well as they March on.
Be well.
b

byroncallas
05-31-2021, 06:09 PM
Just a bump.

D Akey
06-02-2021, 04:54 AM
Hi D Akey. Hard t believe it's been another year since my last visit - and our Bobby Dylan exchange (the boy just turned 80, you know.)

Sapphire is right, this thread should be a permanent sticky.

Maybe today I'll poke around and see what has popped up around here in the last year.

Hope you remain well, and all that jazz.

Good to see you Byron! I trust all's well in Mexico for you guys. This thread deserves to be a permanent sticky indeed. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. . .

Speaking of lyrics, Bob Dylan's 80? While he's a legend in the music world, just to make it clear, he'll never replace our own Mister 80+, even if Dylan shows proof of his age with two forms of valid ID. Don't think twice, it's alright. :rolleyes:

Anyway, be well, ol' shipmate.

byroncallas
06-03-2021, 01:37 AM
Good to see you Byron! I trust all's well in Mexico for you guys. This thread deserves to be a permanent sticky indeed. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. . .

Speaking of lyrics, Bob Dylan's 80? While he's a legend in the music world, just to make it clear, he'll never replace our own Mister 80+, even if Dylan shows proof of his age with two forms of valid ID. Don't think twice, it's alright. :rolleyes:

Anyway, be well, ol' shipmate.

Thanks, D Akey - yes, 14 years here now - life has been kind, we are fortunate and grateful.
Indeed, don't think twice, it's alright. Keep on keeping on old friend as I hope all goes well with you too.
And always kudos to 80+ who must be well past 90 now???

b

AdrianHamilton
06-04-2021, 03:34 AM
Hi, oh it looks very cool, I really love galleries there dwells a unique atmosphere, it's like dissolving into another dimension! :o

Saphire
10-08-2022, 08:17 AM
Putting this back to the top for New Members to browse.
Enjoy.

byroncallas
10-13-2022, 03:56 AM
Hi Safire. Great to see this popping up again. You were right a year or so back; the thread should be a permanent sticky.